Wichita State vs. Texas Southern Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    Was at the game at Texas Southern we lost. The TSU players were talking a lot of crap. Not sure how many players are left, but I say keep the hammer down. Show by 42.
    What game was that? We have only played TSU 3 times, all in Wichita and all wins by WSU.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Rah! Rah! Ruts!
      Kick em in the...third knee???

Comment

Again Shocks by 20!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'll echo the opposite of what another said....

Shocker strength is NOT playing the post up game. It's a perimeter game. Force them to guard you from three, and let the guards penetrate and dish or kick if need be. Might as well get comfortable shooting that 3 ball now, its the way the game has gone and will continue to go. I wouldn't mind seeing 15 shots a half from 3 on average.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

What game was that? We have only played TSU 3 times, all in Wichita and all wins by WSU.
            I believe DSB is referencing the game against Houston in 2018 played at TSU barn while UH gym was rehabbed.

Comment

Was at the game at Texas Southern we lost. The TSU players were talking a lot of crap. Not sure how many players are left, but I say keep the hammer down. Show by 42.
              You sure about that? I mean since you were there and all....

No one else seems to know about this mistery game. Details please!

Comment

JV - I was probably the one you were referring to, I mostly agree with you about our strength being our perimeter game and
                that is the trend now in both pro/college ball, however, being able to get the ball inside with a credible threat makes the defense
                collapse from the perimeter allowing better looks. In addition, you need good ball movement not only around the perimeter but
                inside out, as well. We need to have the inside threats forcing double teams down low. If they don't double team down low a
                good low post player will make hay. When that happens teams have to double low creating good perimeter shots from good
                passing centers.

Comment

Shox win by 32
                  ES goes off on 20+
                  DD with a SCT10 monster dunk

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    I'm no GM but my game plan would be to get the centers more touches inside. Don't want them to force up bad
                    shots but do want to see them attack the basket when they can. Don't want them to take more than one dribble or
                    hold the ball. Make a move if there is room or quickly kick it back out. Expect to see balanced scoring and great
                    team defense. Socks 78-53
                    I agree about getting more touches, but how do you feel as a guard when you throw passes right on the money and the post fumbles it out of bounds? At some point, you gotta think that a drive or 3 is a better option than feeding the post. Udeze was the only one that was able to do anything with the ball.

Comment

94-54 us

Comment

Dan / JV ……..I refer you to last years cumulative shooting percentages. the top three were AM .632, MO .558 and JE .543. The
                        inside game is important for many reasons. I like our centers. The more they improve catching and attacking the basket the
                        better. Defense collapses and the threes open up. Texas So is a great opportunity to work on the inside out game. Notice that most games
                        we start out trying to establish a down low threat. We do seem to get away from it to much IMO.

Comment

One poor game from the centers isn't a trend. At this point I say mark it down to first game jitters and move on.

If AM and PBC play poorly in the next couple of games then I'll start to worry, but I think that once the bears see the ball go through the hoop once or twice all will be well.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Was that a home and home or were we bought?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Kick em in the right knee
                              Kick em in the left knee
                              Kick em in the
                              Weenie
                              Weenie
                              Weenie a touchdown

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I'm guessing yes, and that Etienne and Stevenson are taking reps at PG in practice.

Marshall has seen a lot of ankle injuries. When he says "it doesn't look good", that's probably an opinion formed from years of observations.
                                It was reported that he was on crutches after the game. That too is not a good sign.

Comment

Working...
                                X