No announcement yet.

2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Temple play Cincy. Temple doesn’t apply nearly the same level of defensive pressure against the Cincy guards. Goes to show how other teams think they can beat us. No respect for our ball handlers.

Comment

• In 45+ years of watching basketball dating back to damn near Kindergarten I can say there are seven KU players I actually liked:
      Darnell Valentine
      Steve Woodberry
      Jacque Vaughn
      Nick Collison
      Wayne Simien
      Tyrell Reed
      Perry Ellis

Thats it out of about 400 players.

Comment

• How does McCormack only get 2 games? De Sousa holding the stool over his head was the worst look. But McCormack had arguably the worst action. He looked to be kicking or stomping some guy on the ground.

De Sousa barely plays and has fallen down to the level of a victory cigar....comes in the last four minutes of a blowout. He has been nothing but a headache since he got there. They should just give him the permanent boot. But he probably knows too $much$. lol

Comment

• ESPN is tearing apart how weak the suspensions are and how they don't hurt KU at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            In 45+ years of watching basketball dating back to damn near Kindergarten I can say there are seven KU players I actually liked:
            Darnell Valentine
            Steve Woodberry
            Jacque Vaughn
            Nick Collison
            Wayne Simien
            Tyrell Reed
            Perry Ellis

Thats it out of about 400 players.
            Honest curious question. What were your thoughts on Mark Turgeon and Tad Boyle as college players? Their college playing days predate me, so I just know of them from their coaching days here.
            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yes, that's how it is. The winner tries to show a little class, but if the loser doesn't reciprocate, the winner has free reign. It's rare that you see a crushed opponent fight to the bitter end, but it happens and it's not really a big deal.

That's right. And that's what happens 90% of the time. Most of the time it would be wise for the losing team to just back off. But for whatever reason, if they don't, it's game on.
              I’m gonna guess that 95% of people would disagree with your philosophy.

Not a big deal? This entire altercation could have been prevented if that trash didn’t happen. Do you think there’s a more chance or less chance of something negatively happening if an opponent steals a ball from a guy dribbling out the clock in a blowout?

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you. We are in full agreement that it’s game on if a lesser opponent pulls this crap. But you’re saying it’s ok for the lesser opponent to do this in the first place? Not a chance.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Did Gordon get 3 games for a perfectly legal but bush league action?

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                  Did Gordon get 3 games for a perfectly legal but bush league action?
                  2 Gordons

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Honest curious question. What were your thoughts on Mark Turgeon and Tad Boyle as college players? Their college playing days predate me, so I just know of them from their coaching days here.
                    They were both solid players on good teams and while Turgeon was a great college story, and has made the most of it, neither he nor Boyle were guys that stood out as people or players I really liked or disliked.

Comment

• http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=28538352 Listen to Greenberg and Dakich crucify the rug in this podcast.

Comment

• Wish we could have had the friendly whistle that Cincy is getting @ Temple.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                          How does McCormack only get 2 games? De Sousa holding the stool over his head was the worst look. But McCormack had arguably the worst action. He looked to be kicking or stomping some guy on the ground.

De Sousa barely plays and has fallen down to the level of a victory cigar....comes in the last four minutes of a blowout. He has been nothing but a headache since he got there. They should just give him the permanent boot. But he probably knows too $much$. lol
                          Because the Big 12 is desperate for a national championship. They are protecting KU because they see this as their best chance to win this year along with Baylor. They recognize that they can no longer talk any smack about football because they routinely get their ass kicked in football by the SEC schools and others. What a joke of a conference. They know SDS aint no player so suspended him does not hurt the chickenhawks. But suspended McCormick for 10 games would have hurt. A rogue school and a rogue conference.

Comment

• Can we discuss games of interest and move the KU obsession to “around the NCAA”?

Comment

• Cincy about to win the game vs Temple

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=28538352 Listen to Greenberg and Dakich crucify the rug in this podcast.
                                Good Lord, they are more critical than I am!

Comment

Working...
                                X