2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I don’t really care one way or the other how things should go with blowout endings but it should be equal treatment and perception both ways. If the losers aren’t gonna quit, then let the winners ally oop the eff out of them with 2 seconds left and not get mad about it.
    Yes, that's how it is. The winner tries to show a little class, but if the loser doesn't reciprocate, the winner has free reign. It's rare that you see a crushed opponent fight to the bitter end, but it happens and it's not really a big deal.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    When the winning team is doing the noble thing and dribbling the ball out to end the game, basically mercifully ending the game without it getting worse, then the losers better say “thank you” and take their 20 point beat down and go home.
    That's right. And that's what happens 90% of the time. Most of the time it would be wise for the losing team to just back off. But for whatever reason, if they don't, it's game on.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/2...ousa-bill-self Well written piece.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        According to some K-State fans, some of this started before the steal as DeSousa elbowed or forearmed someone away from the play and wasn't called for it. Does anyone have the ability or the interest in checking that out to see what they are talking about?
        of course, he shoved the KState kid and then the kid stole the ball. It's on the tape

Comment

• I'm not sure how bad this hurts KU on the court, the dude was only averaging 2.6 PPG. Maybe he was a great defensive presence, I don't know.

Comment

• Big 12 announces suspensions for K-State/KU basketball brawl - 247 Sports

Kansas's Silvio De Sousa will be suspended 12 games.
            Kansas's David McCormack will be suspended 2 games.

K-State's James Love is suspended for 8 games, once he is medically cleared to play again.
            K-State's Antonio Gordon for 3 games.

Comment

• I’ve noticed that closed fist actions are specifically mentioned as they are here. Is the lesson to slap people or attempt to slap ?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                Big 12 announces suspensions for K-State/KU basketball brawl - 247 Sports

K-State's James Love is suspended for 8 games, once he is medically cleared to play again.

Not nearly enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not nearly enough
                  Not when you compare 5 WSU baseball players were given 9 game suspensions for BUYING apparel at a discounted price in 2012-2013. (others were given 2-7 games) The program was stripped of their NCAA appearance and forced to remove and return their banner.

Seems about right.

How does Marcus Garrett not get a game, at least?

PROMISE you if that were WSU Tulsa, there would be blood on both programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not when you compare 5 WSU baseball players were given 9 game suspensions for BUYING apparel at a discounted price in 2012-2013. (others were given 2-7 games) The program was stripped of their NCAA appearance and forced to remove and return their banner.

Seems about right.

That's my biggest thing. I would have kicked De Sousa off the team but 12 seems ok.

Now the other two KU players that were kicking a player pinned in a corner? They got 2 and zero respectively. Seems they did a reverse sliding scale. More PPG the less the suspension

Comment

De Sousa should never again wear a college basketball uniform.

Comment

What a fricking joke. Pure BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                          That is a great piece. So true.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

of course, he shoved the KState kid and then the kid stole the ball. It's on the tape
                            Thank you. That doesn’t seem to be widely reported, does it?

Edit: Okay I just watched it from the :29 sec point on. That was a trash play by DeSousa pushing the guy who was at the time playing token defense. That mitigates stealing the ball a little bit.
                            Last edited by shoxlax; January 22, 2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Seems about right.

Good question on Garrett. I actually kind of liked that guy a bit or as much as I could for a Kansas player.

Comment

Working...
                                X