• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis comes back to beat USF 68-64.
    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Memphis wins a road game at USF. And Penny did not make the same mistake Marshall made today. He had his player foul the other team with a 3 point lead and 5 seconds left. I don't know why we did not employ that strategy today.
      Anyway road games are going be tough in this league.

Comment

• Entirely different situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
          Memphis wins a road game at USF. And Penny did not make the same mistake Marshall made today. He had his player foul the other team with a 3 point lead and 5 seconds left. I don't know why we did not employ that strategy today.
          They weren't facing an obviously biased ref crew. 95% chance of made first, missed second and a phantom call on the rebound to give UConn 2 more shots

Comment

Memphis wins a road game at USF. And Penny did not make the same mistake Marshall made today. He had his player foul the other team with a 3 point lead and 5 seconds left. I don't know why we did not employ that strategy today.
            Why Dexter fell down today with the limited time today, I have no idea. However, switching men on screens with less than 10 seconds to guard the 3 point line and worrying less about a 2 point basket is a solid coaching decision to me. If Dex had not slipped or tripped, we probably had won in regulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Why Dexter fell down today with the limited time today, I have no idea. However, switching men on screens with less than 10 seconds to guard the 3 point line and worrying less about a 2 point basket is a solid coaching decision to me. If Dex had not slipped or tripped, we probably had won in regulation.
              Hockey rinks are not basketball courts. Enjoy the big East. Glad we got out without any acl injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Thats exactly my point. Why take a chance of a player falling down like Dexter did in this case. There are 2 schools of thought on this issue. I lean with the ones that say foul.

Comment

Thats exactly my point. Why take a chance of a player falling down like Dexter did in this case. There are 2 schools of thought on this issue. I lean with the ones that say foul.
                  So they foul and we don’t have the horses to block off UCONN’s 6’11 guy and Akko Akko at the foul line. They are going to crash the boards not caring if they foul and the refs will most likely swallow their whistle when they crash. The make the first foul shot and all bets are off. Either way I would estimate there is a close to 50/50 risk. Your way is no better or very little chance of being better than Marshall’s way. Neither way is a sure bet.

Comment

• https://kenpom.com/blog/yet-another-...ing-when-up-3/. Not sure why “conventional wisdom“ says to foul? Any actual data to back up the view that Marshall doesn’t know what the eff he’s doing?
                    Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• Marshall actually said it was foul trouble that prevented the foul up 3 strategy. He had 3 guys on the floor with 4 fouls and told the other two they could foul at halfcourt. Unfortunately those two weren't defending the ball in that position.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        This season in the AAC is starting to feel a little like MVC v2.0.
                        I was thinking the same thing. Everybody beating up on everybody else.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Everybody beating up on everybody else.
                          That's just what it seems like when you're the undefeated team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            This season in the AAC is starting to feel a little like MVC v2.0.
                            It's EXACLTY like the MVC, when the MVC was a 2 or 3-bid league. 2 or 3 teams fighting for separation at the top and almost the entire rest of the conference able to blow up the top team's chances for an invite or a decent seed. 2 or 3 teams either in the top 25 or receiving votes in the polls.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Arizona getting taking behind the woodshed at Oregon St. 82-62 36 seconds left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Hockey rinks are not basketball courts. Enjoy the big East. Glad we got out without any acl injuries.
                                It must have something to do with the setup. Possibly inadequate insulation between the ice and the basketball floor?

The game at IBA was played on top of ice and I don't remember any issues there. Seems to depend on the arena.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X