No announcement yet.

2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis will win it by at least two games but we could easily finish 2nd. Anyone else besides myself on record 7-0
    predictions this season? Okay, the first six we all got.
    Last edited by asiseeit; December 4, 2019, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post

Georgetown minus several players, right?
      Yes but apparently OSU was missing their starting point guard due to illness

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post

Georgetown minus several players, right?
        The Okie boys looked a little midmajorish tonight. Hoped they would be undefeated when the Shocks came rolling into town Sunday. Oh, well, maybe their confidence will be shaken. Probably shot their wads last week.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes but apparently OSU was missing their starting point guard due to illness
          OSU was missing Likekele, arguably the best player on OSU. 6'5" guard leads the team in scoring (13.7), assists (5.0), and steals (2.9) plus rebounds are at 5.3 per game and has a FG% 56.9. Their #2 scorer, 6'10" Anei, leads in rebounding 7.6 and blocks 3.3, but was in foul trouble fouling out with only 18 minutes and 4 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The Okie boys looked a little midmajorish tonight. Hoped they would be undefeated when the Shocks came rolling into town Sunday. Oh, well, maybe their confidence will be shaken. Probably shot their wads last week.

I watched Georgetown earlier this year destroy Texas and was beating Duke before they started playing one on one ball. They have a good front line with plenty of shotblockers. Its very hard to score inside the paint. No doubt OSU also playing without their best player made their chances of winning a little tough even though Georgetown is in disarray with all their off the court problems.

Comment

• I am the dummy that suggested we play two bigs together but after watching Ohio St bury NC with a relative small line up there
              is an argument for going smaller provided you have the athletes. Ohio St had athletes and played well together. They have to be
              #1 right now in my books and they are not real big. Having said that we have the tools to play different ways - I said that before
              the season started. Just have to have more games against good teams to see what works best - big or small. Likely to change
              from game to game but at least we have both size to go big or athletes to go small. The trend in college ball is smaller athletes
              that can also shoot. We have that potential for sure.

Comment

• Playing two bigs or one big is all about the match-up. Can you create a more favorable match-up by going big or quick?
                Livin the dream

Comment

• You said it better. My point from the beginning was that we had better be prepared ( plan B ) to play two bigs at the
                  same time against teams like WV. I'd like to be the team that forces the other team to adjust to our line up BUT we
                  are young and, at times, we may have to adjust to bigger quality teams in March. Now is the time to prepare not
                  March. We did that quite a bit last night. No doubt GM has been reading my posts ...…….that's a joke for those of
                  you who want to call me out for a bad post. As a team GM has recruited the pieces to play big or small and I like
                  that he is experimenting with both.

Comment

• I'm not the coach. I'm a fan of basketball. That is it. I like to watch good basketball being played as a team. A flowing up and down the floor game where 5 guys play against 5 other guys, where guys run the floor, run the baseline, corner to corner, get open looks, make passes and shoot open jumpers. I am less of a fan of current basketball models of the high pick and roll which isolates 2-3 players trying to take advantage of the other team. Current favorite team to WATCH is Miami Heat. I don't root for anyone, I just enjoying their team play. So when I see certain players run to the same spot(s) on the floor possession after possession and just stand there hoping to receive a pass for an open jump shot, well, it's not fun to watch. Give me a game where 5 guys can shoot the ball well and play as a team and its fun to watch. All too often teams (WSU included) put only 2-3 guys on the floor who are actually capable shooters (or makers.)

Comment

• After 13-1/2 minutes of play, USF and Dartmouth are tied at 12-12.

There wasn't a thread labeled "Games of Very Litle Interest", so I put the score here.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Great game early going on between Cincinnati vs Xavier. Games on FS1

32-29 Cincy trailing at half. I've watched a few UC games, Cumberland has not looked like himself. He only has 4 pts, doesn't seem to be the main option.

Cumberland doesn't even look interested in being on the court.
                        Last edited by ArmyShockerFan; December 7, 2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Gonna be a rough day for the AAC. Memphis down 17 to UAB.

Really rough day for Memphis. Might lose in both basketball and football and lost their football coach

Comment

• Memphis getting spanked early in the second half by UAB...hmm.

That’s what he said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Gonna be a rough day for the AAC. Memphis down 17 to UAB.

Really rough day for Memphis. Might lose in both basketball and football and lost their football coach
                              Looks like Memphis is gonna pull off both wins... But still lose their coach

Comment

• Cinci loses to Xavier. We should beat them. They don't resemble Cronins teams at all. Their stud Cumberland looks very uninterested. Not playing hard at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X