Clear All

Game highlights

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Dunno if we have ever had two guys as athletic as ETN and JoBoo
            I guess you’re referring to Tyson E. but I’m not sure if JoBoo is Jamarius B. or Jehosaphat B.

Tyson is athletic and Jehosaphat B. (I would guess this is who you meant) Is too especially for a 6’10” 240 pounder. However I would put Dexter Dennis and D. Gordon are just as much or more imo.

One may have to go back to Antoine and Cliff to find tall, long armed, athletic jumpers to match.

Comment

Exciting!

When we're 7-0, people will say "not proven yet", but when we're 9-0, it'll be a matchup between two ranked teams.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                Dunno if we have ever had two guys as athletic as ETN and JoBoo
                Oh, Jobu...
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Oh, Jobu...
                  Not trying to be contrarian but that would be Jabu or Jobi
                  Either way I like ‘em.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Either way I like ‘em.
                    Sorry, I’ve been in a smart a$$ed mood lately... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Either way I like ‘em.
                      This blasphemy against Jobu is almost as bad as stealing his rum...

Comment

Who's this Jobu fella?

Comment

Some of my thoughts

Play Angry has returned to Koch Arena. This group has that figured out better than any group since Baker and VanVleet graduated.

Midtgaard - Looked better on D against a smaller, quicker guy. Should have looked better on offense against same.
                          Wade - After the scrimmage I used one word, "Stud" to describe him. Still accurate. Teddy who?
                          Gordon - I'm no longer concerned about depth at the 4
                          Bilau - Has made ENORMOUS strides since the scrimmage. Even played multiple positions. This guy is a 2" shorter version of Orukpe who can catch, pass, dribble, and hit from 3. Changing a light bulb on this guy's ceiling could induce vertigo.
                          Sherfield - How is it possible to keep this guy off the court? Answer: He's playing behind Burton
                          Stevenson: Etienne wants your minutes
                          Etienne: Stevenson will always have a fresh set of legs when he's on the court.
                          Fernandez: Could be a standout starter as a 5th year Sr if he takes a redshirt. Playing behind Burton and Sherfield can't be an attractive option, unless he thinks and can demonstrate that they should take a seat on the bench once he's healthy. If he can take minutes away from either Burton or Sherfield...grab your backside with both hands. It's going to be one hell of a ride.
                          Dennis: Didn't need to or actually do anything tonight.

A young team is going to have some moments when they stumble and lose a game they shouldn't. They're also likely to win some games they shouldn't. Our last F4 team had 3 NBA players on it. It's insane to speculate about NBA picks, but it's not insane to think there may be at least that many on this version of Play Angry.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Some of my thoughts

Play Angry has returned to Koch Arena. This group has that figured out better than any group since Baker and VanVleet graduated.

Midtgaard - Looked better on D against a smaller, quicker guy. Should have looked better on offense against same.
                            Wade - After the scrimmage I used one word, "Stud" to describe him. Still accurate. Teddy who?
                            Gordon - I'm no longer concerned about depth at the 4
                            Bilau - Has made ENORMOUS strides since the scrimmage. Even played multiple positions. This guy is a 2" shorter version of Orukpe who can catch, pass, dribble, and hit from 3. Changing a light bulb on this guy's ceiling could induce vertigo.
                            Sherfield - How is it possible to keep this guy off the court? Answer: He's playing behind Burton
                            Stevenson: Etienne wants your minutes
                            Etienne: Stevenson will always have a fresh set of legs when he's on the court.
                            Fernandez: Could be a standout starter as a 5th year Sr if he takes a redshirt. Playing behind Burton and Sherfield can't be an attractive option, unless he thinks and can demonstrate that they should take a seat on the bench once he's healthy. If he can take minutes away from either Burton or Sherfield...grab your backside with both hands. It's going to be one hell of a ride.
                            Dennis: Didn't need to or actually do anything tonight.

A young team is going to have some moments when they stumble and lose a game they shouldn't. They're also likely to win some games they shouldn't. Our last F4 team had 3 NBA players on it. It's insane to speculate about NBA picks, but it's not insane to think there may be at least that many on this version of Play Angry.
                            On top of this...I kept looking at our sitting 'bigs'...they will be a huge part of it all!

Comment

Erik was much better driving the ball tonight. His three point shot looks so good and does everything except go through the net. If he can get some of those to fall it is much more one sided last night. Sherfield was dynamic tonight and flashy as were almost all the Shox. Bigs had some early game jitters but things seemed to even out after the initial mishandles. The team looked good especially with so many different combinations of new guys and "old" guys. Not sloppy for the great majority of the last 30 minutes that can happen in games like this. Coach showed typical game manner in that when he was displeased with the play of his guys let them know in body language, sideline gestures and emphatic one on one talks. In fact I think he is already in mid season form. Good feeling leaving the arena tonight and not the usual MEH after an exhibition game. Go Shox

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                                Who's this Jobu fella?
                                Watch Major League.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X