Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Tyson has one big issue - the disease of Me, as Mark Adams would say. Is he good? Yes. He should not be running a team, however. He is a role player, and a very good one when he plays his role.
    Right.

That’s not a bad thing either.

Less than 10% of NBA players are All-Stars.

You don’t have to be “the guy” to make it.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

I am suggesting that we signed up for a lot more variability in outcomes when we moved to the American. Every basketball analyst understood that from day of the announcement, but our fans couldn’t grasp the trade-offs. Add-in program crushing scandal and I thing we should find a way to support guys that bust their asses more than most of can imagine. Even if this season is not what we hoped it would be when it started (I was skeptical from the start based on the overall roster composition).
      Got it. Hip hip hooray for the 13-11, 4-8 Shocks who were picked to finish 4th! Yeehaw!!
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am suggesting that we signed up for a lot more variability in outcomes when we moved to the American. Every basketball analyst understood that from day of the announcement, but our fans couldn’t grasp the trade-offs. Add-in program crushing scandal and I thing we should find a way to support guys that bust their asses more than most of can imagine. Even if this season is not what we hoped it would be when it started (I was skeptical from the start based on the overall roster composition).
        Scandal? Lol

If we found out Kelvin Sampson shoved a player, would we even be surprised or care?

GM wasn’t perfect, but it was a witch hunt from multiple parties; even parties whose best interest it was in keeping him on.

Now, the fans and the university are paying the price.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Did you not read the post just before when I said this was his best game of the season??

All my post was reflecting on was can he continue to evolve into the role he played today going forward.

Effort is never questioned with TE. It’s just needs to be channeled in the right way for that PotY version to come out.
          I was trying to grab both posts (the one you quoted and yours).

The “can he” part is what I am responding to. He clearly did it today and has been doing when the offense is functioning for the better part of the conference season.

Comment

Program crushing management of an unconfirmed anger issue would be more appropriate. Let's see if Michigan fires Juwan Howard for punching an opposing coach on tv. Maybe you're happy with a .500 season, I for one am not.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Got it. Hip hip hooray for the 13-11, 4-8 Shocks who were picked to finish 4th! Yeehaw!!
              I want the team to have more success but I also recognize the limitations of the current roster and note progress as it occurs. Coach has to recruit better and fast, but the guys busting their asses everyday are going to continue to have my full support.

Comment

• Tyson has agreed to join the Atlanta Hawks on an Exhibit 10 contract.

Comment

• I don't follow the NBA, but checked in just to look at who got drafted. I was real surprised that Josh Minott (Memphis) got drafted. And kind of surprised by Tari Eason (LSU by way of Cincinnati) went in the 1st round.

Comment

I want the team to have more success but I also recognize the limitations of the current roster and note progress as it occurs. Coach has to recruit better and fast, but the guys busting their asses everyday are going to continue to have my full support.
                    You know who has to coach better also. Not just recruit better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Tyson has agreed to join the Atlanta Hawks on an Exhibit 10 contract.
                      Good for TE. Wish him well. Basically the Exhibit 10 gives him a shot to play in Summer League and an invite to training camp to impress in hopes of getting a two-way contract to start in the G-League.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        I don't follow the NBA, but checked in just to look at who got drafted. I was real surprised that Josh Minott (Memphis) got drafted. And kind of surprised by Tari Eason (LSU by way of Cincinnati) went in the 1st round.
                        Minott shot up draft boards due to some impressive team workouts (a la Landry Shamet). Worked his way up.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Minott shot up draft boards due to some impressive team workouts (a la Landry Shamet). Worked his way up.
                          I liked that kid a lot. I'm not at all surprised someone took a chance on him. His skill set can make the other team adjust, and frankly, that's most of what the NBA is about.

Eason is a freak athlete. Again, he brings a uniqueness to the floor that few others possess. And somehow, he's a great free throw shooter.

Comment

• Another Shocker connection at the NBA Draft:

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Another Shocker connection at the NBA Draft:

I don't know much about the day to day around the team, but I have a feeling Butch Pierre was an excellent addition to the staff. It seems like he has a lot of energy/positivity.

Comment

• Good luck to Tyson but I do not see NBA point guard in his future at all. He’ll be a nice 2-guard in Europe if he remembers how to take shots within 25 feet of the basket. And make them.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X