Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

You may be right but it looked like he had pretty good position to me - square to the ball handler and no hands. If it had been called on WSU I wouldn’t have liked it. It wasn’t an egregiously bad call by an means.

The ref thought it was a foul and he’s a professional. Im just a guy sitting on a couch so there you go.
    I watched it again 5 times including the slo mo replays. His feet were moving as he made contact, running sideways and backwards. Gilbert took physical defensive risks all game (as did McCabe) the transfer from West Virginia. This time he was called for it by the referee. Robbie Hummel, who usually took the side of UNLV during the entire game said during the slo mo replay that it was a blocking foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I watched it again 5 times including the slo mo replays. His feet were moving as he made contact, running sideways and backwards. Gilbert took physical defensive risks all game (as did McCabe) the transfer from West Virginia. This time he was called for it by the referee. Robbie Hummel, who usually took the side of UNLV during the entire game said during the slo mo replay that it was a blocking foul.
      I wouldn't say Hummel took the side of UNLV all game. I thought he called a fantastic game and was typically right on the money with all of it.

Comment

• I couldn't believe unlv gifted us with that really dumb foul. If the situation was reversed I'd be screaming at our player for such a dumb foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

I wouldn't say Hummel took the side of UNLV all game. I thought he called a fantastic game and was typically right on the money with all of it.
          Hell no!!! He was sucking UA and UNLV's nuts all weekend against the Shox. He's trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Hell no!!! He was sucking UA and UNLV's nuts all weekend against the Shox. He's trash.
            Apparently I must have been watching a different game or you have some rose colored ear buds... He didn't show favoritism to any of the 4 teams in any game either night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Apparently I must have been watching a different game or you have some rose colored ear buds... He didn't show favoritism to any of the 4 teams in any game either night.
              Ok. Thanks for your input, however wrong it may be.

Comment

• Comment

• I have not posted in quite a while. Sorry to inform you that I am back.
                  I too am not happy with the progress of individuals on the team, the team chemistry or the coaching philosophy on offense. But I believe in the players.
                  We do have a talented bunch of individuals including TE.
                  I hate the pg transition during games. Those skills need to be practiced at practice, not during games untill he learns to create offense for the team by means of assists.
                  I lay this on the coaches, just as I do the entire offensive system, which is offensive in and of itself.
                  I have seen a few times where the offense looked ok but not often, and less seldom good.
                  Ball movement is bad which makes it easy for the defense to defend. Spacing is ok but no player movement except at the point.
                  the best I have seen from the offense is during one game where we were getting the ball to RC at free throw area. He would make his move to the basket and several times found an open big for an assist. Other than that I only see nice assists from CP.
                  I feel like the team as whole may be loosing confidence in each other as well as the coaches.
                  my fear is that this lack of confidence in each other including the coaches turns into a transfer portal invitation.
                  Since we are locked into the coaching staff for at least a couple more years, we can I'll afford a mass exodus by the players. I would rather see them hopefully progress here than see them progress on another team. And may God help our coaches figure out how to install teamwork and an offense.

Comment

• 2022 NBA mock draft: Which teams might land Chet Holmgren, Paolo Banchero and Jabari Smith

Tyson, unsurprisingly, not listed.

Comment

• What happened to Aargh?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        What happened to Aargh?
                        I wondered that myself a couple of weeks ago. He was pretty open about having had some health challenges in the past. Hope he's ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I wondered that myself a couple of weeks ago. He was pretty open about having had some health challenges in the past. Hope he's ok.
                          Doesn't look like he has posted since March of last year. Brings back thoughts of Trop.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Doesn't look like he has posted since March of last year. Brings back thoughts of Trop.
                            I could be wrong, but I think Aargh set up a new account a month afterwards (April 2021) and posts on a regular basis under that account instead, including on this thread with the new account.
                            Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; January 27, 2022, 10:20 AM. Reason: Edited to clarify the reply was about Aargh vs Trop.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Can anyone recall another player in the program's history that has regressed so much from one season to the next?

Comment

• I don't think he's been the same since the Drake game.

Comment

Working...
                                X