No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really wish TE would stop waiting until they're trailing at the half to get aggressive. First halves it seems he's content to wait around for a look, second half he puts his head down gets to the bucket which opens up his shot a little more.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      A leader doesn’t let their man go untouched to the rim for the potentially game winning offensive put back.

A leader does hit the game winning free throws but that was not a foul on UNLV.
      If you watched the slo mo replay the UNLV defender was back peddling and it looked
      to me like he was trying to avoid fouling. TE was a little out of control, left his feet and
      was trying to call a time out. It was bang bang but I think the best call was a no call or
      maybe a time out granted. Nine times out of ten your not going to get a foul in your
      favor considering the end of game circumstances. Kudos though to TE for his
      outstanding second half offensive performance. In total though his cumulative
      shooting numbers are very average, at best. He is just a streaky shooter. We are going
      to have to learn to accept the bad with the often times VERY good.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

If you watched the slo mo replay the UNLV defender was back peddling and it looked
        to me like he was trying to avoid fouling. TE was a little out of control, left his feet and
        was trying to call a time out. It was bang bang but I think the best call was a no call or
        maybe a time out granted. Nine times out of ten your not going to get a foul in your
        favor considering the end of game circumstances. Kudos though to TE for his
        outstanding second half offensive performance. In total though his cumulative
        shooting numbers are very average, at best. He is just a streaky shooter. We are going
        to have to learn to accept the bad with the often times VERY good.
        I agree and think we were very lucky the ref blew a whistle in that situation but you and I seem to be in the minority as there are several posters who are confident that it was a no brainer foul and the correct call. Maybe they’re right. Either way I’m glad we got the win.

As far as Tyson’s overall numbers I have to disagree.

47% FG, 50% 3PT, 86% FT, 27 points on 17 shots.

That’s fantastic efficiency.

My one gripe is that he almost threw it all out the window because he couldn’t be bothered to turn around and check a guy out.

Comment

• To be clear, pie, I was referring to his season numbers not this one game. I gave TE
          credit for the GREAT second half in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Box out was awful.

That looked like a foul to me on UNLV.

I am honestly impressed they didn't call some phantom call on the Rebel guy falling down.
            SExpress is right. TE almost lost us the game with his NO box out, and It was a foul on the Red Rebel guard who was pushing TE out of bounce. There were other times earlier in the game, when (I think it was the same guard) he was being physical on Porter (bodying them up) and other guards and it wasn't called. However, he carried us in the 2nd half, and was the biggest factor to us winning the game with his 3 point shooting.

TE wasn't good, and was making bad decisions for much of the game. However, don't let those frustrations that we ALL felt, during that portion of the game, color your opinions of his contributions later. Without the TE later, we wouldn't have won the game. This team isn't disciplined, and is too much 1 on 1 oriented. Brown is still trying to be too much player oriented, and giving too much freedom, instead of demanding discipline, and Ricky, and others, including TE are showing how that works for us. Brown still needs to clean up the bad play and demand more discipline

Comment

It could’ve been a foul. I guess at this point it’s irrelevant. Can’t believe we won that game.
              I totally disagree. It was a foul, and a dumb one at that.

Comment

• TE will look like a unstoppable player if KP can keep the defense honest with outside shots &/or rolls to the bucket.

Until yesterday - WSU was unable punish a defense that overplayed TE.

Comment

• Yes, it absolutely was a foul. The only thing that makes it seem to some like it’s not a foul is the fact that it was going out of bounds which makes Tyson seem a little out of control. But if that happened right at Center Court, one player charging and to his right and another player bodying him sideways, that’s a foul every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                    Yes, it absolutely was a foul. The only thing that makes it seem to some like it’s not a foul is the fact that it was going out of bounds which makes Tyson seem a little out of control. But if that happened right at Center Court, one player charging and to his right and another player bodying him sideways, that’s a foul every time.
                    Exactly. TE was only going out of bounds because the defender was forcing him out of bounds. If not for the force out, TE would have been dribbling and running down the sideline, but then the defender wouldn't have been able to keep up with him (laterally in defensive position while TE was dribbling and running forward), and Tyson would have passed him up and had an open shot. In 3.5 seconds, Tyson could have dribbled 3-4 more times, and had an open 20 foot shot or so.

Comment

• TE panicked when he was getting crowded on the side and he was bailed out by a ref who had the guts to call it. A lot of refs would have let it go. I was nervous as hell that he was gonna blow those free throws though.

Comment

A leader doesn’t let their man go untouched to the rim for the potentially game winning offensive put back.

A leader does hit the game winning free throws but that was not a foul on UNLV.
                        That was absolutely a foul. The defender was playing too tight and bumped too hard. Dude should not have been defending that close in that situation but I understand why they did it. Because you cannot give TE any space in that situation to beat you.

You could potentially make an argument for whether the foul should have been called in that situation, but no doubt it was a foul.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

That was absolutely a foul. The defender was playing too tight and bumped too hard. Dude should not have been defending that close in that situation but I understand why they did it. Because you cannot give TE any space in that situation to beat you.

You could potentially make an argument for whether the foul should have been called in that situation, but no doubt it was a foul.
                          You may be right but it looked like he had pretty good position to me - square to the ball handler and no hands. If it had been called on WSU I wouldn’t have liked it. It wasn’t an egregiously bad call by an means.

The ref thought it was a foul and he’s a professional. Im just a guy sitting on a couch so there you go.

Comment

You may be right but it looked like he had pretty good position to me - square to the ball handler and no hands. If it had been called on WSU I wouldn’t have liked it. It wasn’t an egregiously bad call by an means.

The ref thought it was a foul and he’s a professional. Im just a guy sitting on a couch so there you go.
                            You are right. I wouldn't have liked that the foul was called in that particular situation. It could have gone either way honestly (as to whether to call the foul) and it was a judgement call in the moment by the ref.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                                I guess Kendric Davis Putting up 24 per game against Northwestern State (win), Southeast Louisiana (win) and Mizzou (loss) is more impressive than averaging 27.5 vs Arizona (loss) and UNLV (win)?

Comment

Working...
                                X