Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The Eagle should have enough money to do that with the sheer number of ads they slap all over every page of the site.
    I know many don't like the fact but the reality is, ad money is what has always driven local newspapers. As an oldtimer, I can remember scouring the want ads for a job, the car ads for a car, and the garage sale ads for second hand junk. All of that has gone away and the newspaper business is still trying to figure out to stay in business as most people don't want to pay for local news. Well, any journalism for that matter.

Okay, old man off his soapbox. Totally inappropriate rant in what otherwise is a fantastic thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I know many don't like the fact but the reality is, ad money is what has always driven local newspapers. As an oldtimer, I can remember scouring the want ads for a job, the car ads for a car, and the garage sale ads for second hand junk. All of that has gone away and the newspaper business is still trying to figure out to stay in business as most people don't want to pay for local news. Well, any journalism for that matter.

Okay, old man off his soapbox. Totally inappropriate rant in what otherwise is a fantastic thread.
      I wouldn't care about ads if they didn't also try to make you pay 20 dollars a month ... to get a bunch of ads ... One or the other .. not both.

But yes .. off topic ... Tyson is a stud ..

Comment

The Brave web browser does an excellent job of blocking ads. I use it for all the heavy ad pages I view.

People can get news they want to hear the way they want to hear it on the cable "news" channels. That pretty much eliminates any desire to subscribe to a publication that may report something you might not want to hear or you might not want to hear it the way it's reported. There is very little demand for news that's actually presented as objectively as possible. My guess is that Carrie Rengers, Denise Neal and Taylor Eldridge have the most read articles in the Eagle.

VanVleet was too small, not quick enough, and not athletic enough to have a prayer of sniffing the NBA. Etienne is only too small, and he's got the rep Shamet, VanVleet, and even Baker gave the NBA of guards coming out of WSU.

I'm confident he's more aware of his shot at getting a look in the NBA than any out here. He's got a lot of family with experience in that area. Everything I've seen, heard, or read about Etienne indicates he's pretty damned smart and has a well-founded upbringing.

I have a hunch that he had family members telling him to go to WSU and study film on Shamet and Baker to see what those guys did to get on NBA rosters. Neither Shamet nor Baker should have had a realistic hope of sniffing the NBA out of HS.

Marshall has produced a no stars NBA player, and a couple of borderline 3/4* NBA players. Marshall is set up really well for getting intelligent, realistic, coachable perimeter players. The prima donnas know they don't the "Marshall touch" to get to the league. Marshall is going to get the ones who know they can do it if they bust their butts every day under Marshall's direction.
        Last edited by Aargh; December 12, 2019, 11:59 PM.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I wouldn't care about ads if they didn't also try to make you pay 20 dollars a month ... to get a bunch of ads ... One or the other .. not both.

But yes .. off topic ... Tyson is a stud ..
          My brother did a group on and got the online edition for $60 for a year

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I have a hunch that he had family members telling him to go to WSU and study film on Shamet and Baker to see what those guys did to get on NBA rosters. Neither Shamet nor Baker should have had a realistic hope of sniffing the NBA out of HS.
            The camera kept cutting to his uncle, Marcus Camby, during the Cancun games. I believe he has a cousin, Deandre Jordan, in the league as well. I’d have to say you’re probably correct in your hunch!

Comment

I have heard that Tyson’s grandma moved here from Ohio, to be sure that a family member is able to be at his games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                I have heard that Tyson’s grandma moved here from Ohio, to be sure that a family member is able to be at his games.
                One can only assume this was funded by Penny Hardaway, in all his altruism.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

The camera kept cutting to his uncle, Marcus Camby, during the Cancun games. I believe he has a cousin, Deandre Jordan, in the league as well. I’d have to say you’re probably correct in your hunch!
                  Tyson didn't get the family's height gene

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

One can only assume this was funded by Penny Hardaway, in all his altruism.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Comment

Love how Tyson just walks away after the pass...

Comment

That's 2 of those in the last 2 games for Tyson. Hit Trey on a similar play against VCU.

Comment

TE played well in the 2nd OT. He started the period with a 3-point play. Then stole the ball at the 4:00 minute mark and made 2 FT's. GS, the other freshman, scored 4 points, making 2/3 FT's. While our sophomores UM and JB made 1/4 FT's.
                            Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

We sit at 15-1, which means we are between 40 and 48.5% the way through the season (depending on how March Madness treats us). TE is on a record pace in a several categories. The freshman record for 3's in a season is 72 from LS in 16-17, TE is on pace for 76+ this season. If he hits 76, that would be 4th all time regardless of class. His 2.3 per game would also be top 5 all time. His 43% from 3 is 16th all time and 3rd all time for freshman. All this while averaging just 22.4 minutes a game. As a freshman, LS got about 20% more minutes a game at 26.7. The Jersey kid is doing pretty good!

Comment

Let's just say it's a really safe bet that he will break a while buncha records.

Comment

Working...
                                X