Wichita State vs. Northeastern State (Oklahoma) Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NM.

Last edited by DJShocker10; October 28, 2019, 06:05 PM. Reason: Edit: Found it on the guide.
    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Yes. 6:00 PM on KFH 1240 AM or 97.5 FM

As you would expect, Coach Marshall brought his A game tonight.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hope to see a little bit of Bilau at some point during the exhibition games.

Comment

Heard on Sports Daily this morning that Jamarius will also be out against Northeastern State. He had his 4 wisdom teeth and one other tooth pulled a week ago and apparently that is still bothering him and he apparently has not practiced in the last week.

Why that wasn't taken care of sooner in the year, I don't know.

Did I hear that right? Anyone else hear that?

Edit: In the article below Taylor Edridge confirms Jamarius had wisdon tooth surgery and missed practice last week but he did not indicate whether or not he will play. Perhaps it will be a game time decision.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 29, 2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge: Five things to know about Wichita State basketball’s exhibition opener on Tuesday

1. THE INJURY BUG HAS COME

WSU coach Gregg Marshall revealed on Monday that starting center Jaime Echenique will miss at least a month after fracturing his left, non shooting, hand in Saturday’s scrimmage against Nebraska.

Marshall also said freshman guard Noah Fernandes (foot) is still not close to returning to the court and sophomore center Morris Udeze remained in concussion protocol as of Monday. Although he’s back now, sophomore guard Jamarius Burton also missed practices last week after having five teeth pulled in a wisdom tooth surgery.

2. MARSHALL HAS A CONNECTION WITH THE OPPOSING COACH

Marshall has opted toward scheduling exhibition games against contacts from his coaching connections.

This year is no different, as Marshall knows Northeastern State coach Mark Downey well from their time together at Marshall University from 1996-98.

3. DESPITE SCRIMMAGE WIN, MARSHALL WAS UNHAPPY WITH WSU’S PERFORMANCE

When asked what he thought of the three sophomore guards — Jamarius Burton, Erik Stevenson and Dexter Dennis — Marshall said he was “not pleased at all” with their performances. Stevenson scored 17 points, with four 3-pointers, while Dennis scored 12 and Burton added 10 points and seven rebounds.

With that type of scoring production, it’s likely Marshall was referring to the details that matter just as much to him — defending, rebounding, communicating and set-play execution.

“I’ve been pleased (with them) in fall workouts, but I was not pleased with how they performed against Nebraska for various reasons,” Marshall said.

“There were some glaring issues and they will be pounded over their heads with it (Monday) and shown once again what they need to do.”

4. HERE’S WHAT MARSHALL WANTS TO SEE FROM WSU

“It starts with defending and rebounding and playing hard,” Marshall said. “If they couldn’t put the ball in the basket, make an open shot, drive it hard and get in the lane or drop step and dunk it, then they wouldn’t be here. But playing hard and playing smart and defending and rebounding every time and running the court and sharing the basketball, those are the type of things I’m looking for. I’ve told them that all along.”

5. NORTHEASTERN STATE’S BEST PLAYER IS FROM WICHITA

You can read the full story about Wichita native Caleb Smith’s basketball journey on Kansas.com from my story on Monday. But the basics are that the 6-foot-2 combo guard led the team in scoring at 16.7 points on 46% shooting and averaged 5.1 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.0 steals.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Heard on Sports Daily this morning that Jamarius will also be out against Northeastern State. He had his 4 wisdom teeth and one other tooth pulled a week ago and apparently that is still bothering him and he apparently has not practiced in the last week.

Why that wasn't taken care of sooner in the year, I don't know.

Did I hear that right? Anyone else hear that?

Edit: In the article below Taylor Edridge confirms Jamarius had wisdon tooth surgery and missed practice last week but he did not indicate whether or not he will play. Perhaps it will be a game time decision.
              Sounded like Jamarius played in the scrimmage Saturday, so hard to imagine he wouldn't play tonight. Taylor and Paul have also only mentioned JE, MU, and NF as those likely to be unavailable.

Comment

I wonder if NF is a candidate for a redshirt the way this injury seems to be lingering.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Heavy dose of Poor-Bear and Sherfield tonight, due to Burton's limitiations, and Poor-Bear for obvious reasons (no Jaime or Udeze).

I'm excited to get a first look at these guys with extended minutes, all in the name of cultivating good depth and rotation flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                    I wonder if NF is a candidate for a redshirt the way this injury seems to be lingering.
                    I have a feeling many of us are wondering the same thing. Certainly not what the young man's thinking is based on Taylor's article, but depending upon how much of the regular season he will miss I would expect the staff to be considering it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                      The fact that Marshall said he's still "not close" to returning means that's a likely outcome to me. I'm ok with it. Would break up the classes a bit. Noah will still have plenty of time to get minutes.

Comment

So remind me, YurView is Cox' product and you can only watch it if you are a Cox TV subscriber, correct?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Who starts at PG ? I'd say TE with GS playing some backup at point and SG also. TB will probably get some
                          minutes, as well. ES at 2/3 and DD at 3/4 ? We are going to see a much faster/quicker tenacious defense than
                          last year. Would like to see DG and TB hit a couple shots. Both could see more court time than one would expect
                          this season especially the next 4-6 weeks. 99-56

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            So remind me, YurView is Cox' product and you can only watch it if you are a Cox TV subscriber, correct?
                            I hope Not! I'm stuck in Sydney Montana and can't make the game. Counting on watching online.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              I hope Not! I'm stuck in Sydney Montana and can't make the game. Counting on watching online.
                              What's your gameplan for doing that?

Are you thinking anyone can watch it just by going to: http://yurview.com/kansas ?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Looks like it may be streamed here.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X