2019-20 Coach's Shows with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

Grant/Eric/Tyson are 20 years old with Grant being the youngest of the 3 (just turned 20) If you really want to be mind blown - Grant Sherfield is 2 months older than Morris Udeze.

Dexter just celebrated his 21st birthday.

Lets just stop with the youth and the experience bullshit ok?
    Uhh counterpoint, Grant and Tyson have played D1 ball for 3 months. A grand total of 23 games each.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
      In 2013 WSU had 7 losses just in the Valley:

Evansville x2
      Creighton x2 (away and in the MVC tourney)
      @ SIU
      @ Northern Iowa
      Indiana State

Think about that - our final 4 team lost to Evansville - twice!!
      The 2013 MVC was a much difference conference than 2020 MVC. If you compared the 2013 MVC with 2020 AAC I think come away that the MVC might be a tougher conference than the AAC this year.

Kenpom MVC (2013)
      15. CU
      17. WSU
      63. ISUR
      68. UNI
      84. EU
      92. ISUB

Kenpom AAC (2020)
      19. Houston
      39. Cincy
      47. WSU
      60. UConn
      63. Memphis
      74. SMU
      83. Tulsa

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

This was actually a smart idea. Coach knew he would have a contentious practice. He was going to make guys air grievances. Gregg himself was probably going to have to get blunt with guys. It is best to have your boss watching to back you up in case guys took the wrong message and made the situation worse with further accusations.
        like having the HR manager in the office when you talk to an employee

Comment

Grant/Eric/Tyson are 20 years old with Grant being the youngest of the 3 (just turned 20) If you really want to be mind blown - Grant Sherfield is 2 months older than Morris Udeze.

Dexter just celebrated his 21st birthday.

Lets just stop with the youth and the experience bullshit ok?
          I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but just pointing out there's a difference between youth and inexperience.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Uhh counterpoint, Grant and Tyson have played D1 ball for 3 months. A grand total of 23 games each.
            And?

Comment

And?
              That's not a lot of experience. So ups and downs should be expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Neither example ever worked out well for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Makes me wonder if GM was guarding against future false accusations

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    He told them, “it’s time to start playing for what’s on the front of the jersey and not what’s on the back.”
                    Maybe it's time to take the names off the backs of the jerseys?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The 2013 MVC was a much difference conference than 2020 MVC. If you compared the 2013 MVC with 2020 AAC I think come away that the MVC might be a tougher conference than the AAC this year.

Kenpom MVC (2013)
                      15. CU
                      17. WSU
                      63. ISUR
                      68. UNI
                      84. EU
                      92. ISUB

Kenpom AAC (2020)
                      19. Houston
                      39. Cincy
                      47. WSU
                      60. UConn
                      63. Memphis
                      74. SMU
                      83. Tulsa

Not sure your KenPom numbers back your claim, SB.

Yes, the 2013 Valley had two top 20 teams vs. one at this point for the 2019-20 American. But the MVC also had only those same two in the top 60, whereas the American has five, plus a sixth tied with the rank of the Valley's #3. Looks to me like the 2013 Valley was top-heavy, but the current American is MUCH deeper. (And of course everyone also knew that one of the Valley's top 20 teams wouldn't win two games in the NCAA.)

Comment

• When I was managing office workers, several would gripe to me about each other. It would get to the point where they were disrupting the work flow. I'd call them into my office, say what they had been saying about each other and then tell them it was time for them to be honest with each other and tell each other how they really felt.

That was pretty awkward, but they left hating me so much that they got along with each other much better.

I can see possibly 3 scholarships opening up this spring. We need a post, and I'm kind of worn out on JuCo posts. We need an immediate contributor, not a "wait till next year" post. We also need a PG. First year PG's are typically a disaster. and I think VanVleet's eligibility has expired. If Fernandez can only get mopup minutes by now? It's not like Burton and Sherfield are so good that a true PG couldn't get some minutes if he was viable at this level.

Maybe a year in the system and a summer to work on weaknesses can make Fernandez a potential high major PG.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          We need a post, and I'm kind of worn out on JuCo posts.
                          JE is pretty good and I wouldn’t mind another JE

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          We need a post. . . We need an immediate contributor, not a "wait till next year" post.
                          So, a Freshman that can contribute immediately? Good luck.

5th year transfer? Ok maybe

By not another JuCo like JE. Um.....what?

Comment

• I’m equally concerned. Two of the most important positions will be our two biggest weaknesses next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              That was pretty awkward, but they left hating me so much that they got along with each other much better.
                              Let's hope that's not the case here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

JE is pretty good and I wouldn’t mind another JE

So, a Freshman that can contribute immediately? Good luck.

5th year transfer? Ok maybe

By not another JuCo like JE. Um.....what?

The second year JE is much improved over the first-year JE. I'd gladly take a JuCo who could come in and do what JE is doing this year, but it doesn't work that way. Might as well take a Fr who can contribute in years 2, 3, and 4 instead of a JuCo who's likely to contribute in year 2 and then graduate.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X