2019-20 Coach's Shows with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach says:

He wanted to recruit Matt Pyle from UNO 3 years ago, but the assistant at the time didn’t go after him. Said the coach was in charge of KC recruiting and is no longer a part of the program.

He is having discussions with kids about RS. Having JE back will allow for that at the center. Will have 1, 2, or 0. The unnamed player has never been healthy but played like he was healthy at the exhibition. It’s not a lack of effort or talent, only injury related. Noah has a bone bruise with an incomplete fracture.

Told TE to slow down on offense.

Udeze will be the third center due to concussion. Cell phone incident caused a wreck and he failed concussion protocol. IPBC will be second string center. AM will start. All of played well, but he’s exited to see Morris, who rebounds, runs, and takes charges back out on the court. He’s extended his set shot to 15-17 feet.

Sherfield and Etienne were heavily recruited and are very talented. We did nothing illegal to get them here. Coach said that many times.

All the players should be able to play multiple positions:

JB is a 1/3
    Sherfield is a 1/2
    Etienne is a 2/1
    Stevenson is a 2/3
    Dennis is a 3/2/4
    Wade is a 4/3

That was all I caught.

Coach talked about new rules.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      He is having discussions with kids about RS. Having JE back will allow for that at the center. Will have 1, 2, or 0. The unnamed player has never been healthy but played like he was healthy at the exhibition. It’s not a lack of effort or talent, only injury related. Noah has a bone bruise with an incomplete fracture.
      My two pennies says the unnamed player is Bilau. He made that pretty clear at the post game comments last week that Bilau came to Wichita pretty banged up and hasn't gotten healthy yet. Most of us were pretty excited about the way he played in the exhibition and he has been the topic of the RS thread. Of course, this may become clear tomorrow night...or not. Even if he doesn't play tomorrow night, there's still a chance he is a RS. But if we see him on the court tomorrow, that pretty much settles that debate!

Comment

Bilau was definitely the unnamed player.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Get that man a coaster to level out his table!!

Comment

Man coach really cracks me up. I sure enjoy listening to him. Lmao Coach said why we're we trying to throw a lob play to FredVanvleet? Fred can do a lot of things on the court but not sure a lob to him should be in the play book. Really enjoyed his conversation about our offense in that it is designed to trying to get guys an open look instead of what they do in the NBA which is to give the guy the ball and let him score. Hope our guys are locked into to tomorrow game. Go shocks.
            Last edited by TheShocktocles; November 5, 2019, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Sherfield and Etienne were heavily recruited and are very talented. We did nothing illegal to get them here. Coach said that many times.
              why the point of emphasis? Does he know questions are being asked that we're not hearing? Is this related to FVV? Is this related to the shoe scandals in general? I didn't hear the interview, so maybe it's just poking the eye of other schools. Can someone help interpret this for me?

Comment

I took it as a "dig" towards those teams like KU, etc. who are under investigation. One doesn't have to do it that way, and teams don't have to do it that way, and not everyone is doing basketball business that way.

Comment

Read a post recently on the KU message board where some doofus said everyone (major programs) is cheating; and he included WSU in parentheses... get higher rated players and...

P.S. Kinda comes with the territory.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    Read a post recently on the KU message board where some doofus said everyone (major programs) is cheating; and he included WSU in parentheses... get higher rated players and...

P.S. Kinda comes with the territory.
                    That's just their way of coming to terms that they cheat

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

why the point of emphasis? Does he know questions are being asked that we're not hearing? Is this related to FVV? Is this related to the shoe scandals in general? I didn't hear the interview, so maybe it's just poking the eye of other schools. Can someone help interpret this for me?
                      I agree with Shockm. It was notable because it was repeated at least thrice.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Last night I said to a KU fan, "ya know what I like about Kentucky fans? They admit they cheat." He thought about it for a second and then laughed

Comment

I had the same question. I didn't get a chance to listen to the show either so I'm wondering if there's additional context.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I had the same question. I didn't get a chance to listen to the show either so I'm wondering if there's additional context.
                            Here is the link to the audio replay: https://kfh.radio.com/media/audio-ch...-show-11-04-19

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              That's just their way of coming to terms that they cheat
                              Yeah; the only thing you can be sure of when someone says, "Everybody does it" is that they do it.

Comment

Yeah; the only thing you can be sure of when someone says, "Everybody does it" is that they do it.
                                Most of my KU cronies admit they cheat and have cheated as far back as they can remember. They tell stories about Wilt Chamberlain and other top recruits; most of them wear it like a badge of honor. I believe all KU freshman are required to take an introduction class titled Cheating 101 ("If you're not cheating, you're not trying.")

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X