X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    I wonder what the attendance was?
    Photos make it look pretty full.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Chris

Comment

I wonder what the attendance was?
      It was a sellout: 12,528

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
        It was a sellout: 12,528
        12,515 in the first half. The 13 Mild Kitties were absent in the first half.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

i thought that they got homered on some of the charges, especially the fouls called away from the ball. but.... not getting a field goal for over 10mins is the primary reason that they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Looks to me like we may have to go small quite a lot when we play CS. They are pretty quick and spread out the floor.
            I think we make them play our game to start and make them match up. Depending on how well that works then maybe sub in a smaller line-up. 3G will probably what he usually does and start his best defensive unit and then adjust. I think we are at a point where we can make our opponents adjust to us in most cases and we don't adjust do them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
              I think we make them play our game to start and make them match up. Depending on how well that works then maybe sub in a smaller line-up. 3G will probably what he usually does and start his best defensive unit and then adjust. I think we are at a point where we can make our opponents adjust to us in most cases and we don't adjust do them.
              Yes, our height should be to our advantage. We should be capable of "going small" when needed, but hopefully we pose more of a threat to other teams than they do to us.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                What's with your last 2 posts? Or are you following John Wayne's lead in your signature and not saying anything.:friendly_wink:
                Just a glimpse of the emotional roller coaster that is FM.

Seriously, I was learning how to post pictures.
                “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                John Wayne

Comment

we'll definitely start out with Hall in the starting lineup and he'll play a lot. We'll see how good he, Anacreon, and White are at guarding a 6'5 player at the 3 pt. line and chasing them around the perimeter and how good the rest of our team is with helping our point guard guard a very quick point guard, and whether the rest of our team can play an in your face defense on the perimeter. I predict that Anacreon and White are not capable of guarding this way yet and we see a lot of Smith at the 4 because we'll get in foul trouble quickly at that position. We'll see.

Comment

Hall is not goung to be very good out there either

Comment

Only reason CSU was in that game was do to lazy passes by Kstate in the first half and a couple of out of control drives to the bucket fell for CSU. Looked to me if CSU wasn't generating FG's off the steal or fast break they don't score. Terrible shooting outside of their little run in the first half. I think they had 3 or 4 total FG's the entire second half. If WSU doesn't turn the ball over they will win this game easily (pretty obvious statement) as CSU isn't going to score much of anything if it has to face a half court defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                        Only reason CSU was in that game was do to lazy passes by Kstate in the first half and a couple of out of control drives to the bucket fell for CSU. Looked to me if CSU wasn't generating FG's off the steal or fast break they don't score. Terrible shooting outside of their little run in the first half. I think they had 3 or 4 total FG's the entire second half. If WSU doesn't turn the ball over they will win this game easily (pretty obvious statement) as CSU isn't going to score much of anything if it has to face a half court defense.
                        I agree with you, Ta town. Additionally, K-state got out-rebounded by double digits. If there are two things that Coach is preaching to this team right now, it is rebounding and taking care of the ball. We do those two things well, and we should not have any trouble with our game. It keep CSU from getting out in transition, and if we combine that with CSU shooting a similar percentage tomorrow night, we will have no trouble winning the game. We just have to play smart basketball beginning to end with excellent defense. But the good news is it looks like CSU is a natural progression in difficulty from our previous games, and should get us closer to ready for PR Classic.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

You can watch the KSU-CSU game replay on ESPN3

Comment

Maybe we will get lucky and Charleston will do better this year RPI-wise than most people think.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Maybe we will get lucky and Charleston will do better this year RPI-wise than most people think.
                              Let's hope so, beginning Monday!
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

From what little of the game that I saw, charleston looked alot like a juco team in that they looked to shoot first and pass as an afterthought. Settled for alot of 3's not very deep into the clock.

Comment

Working...
                                X