Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

maybe,dunno. This ain't China
    True. We have a 45% obesity rate in the U.S. It could very well be worse.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

You do know that almost everyone that is infected with this virus will need no medical treatment at all don't you?
      20% of a lot of people is still a lot of people. Did you not see what happened in Italy? Or the graphic in the other thread comparing the different responses to Spanish Influenza in 1918?

On Italy:

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

20% of a lot of people is still a lot of people. Did you not see what happened in Italy? Or the graphic in the other thread comparing the different responses to Spanish Influenza in 1918?

On Italy:
        https://twitter.com/Yascha_Mounk/sta...233807872?s=20
        Over 18,000 have died so far from the common flu. There will be a new virus every year that will claim thousands of lives. Do you and your hysterical allies think we should just cancel everything for the rest of our lives? Just spend whatever time we have left locked in isolation?

Ridiculous!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

So are colds and the flu.
            I prefer to receive my medical and health advice from healthcare professionals and researchers.

From the Yale School of Medicine: https://www.yalemedicine.org/stories...el-coronavirus

1. The flu spreads more easily than COVID-19 and COVID-19 is most contagious when people are at their sickest

2. COVID-19 causes more severe disease than seasonal flu and the world has no antibodies to fight infection

3. There is a flu vaccine but no treatment for COVID-19

4. Because of the spread and impact, precautions are extremely important

The best prevention is to take everyday precautions including frequent hand washing and avoid contact with your eyes, nose, and mouth. If you feel a bit “off” stay home.

personal note: The sky is not falling and we will be okay but need to mindful of our own health and those around us. Most of this is the public health approach of “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” I acknowledge the both the upside and downside of this approach on a new illness flirting with crossing the line into pandemic status.

In true Libertarian fashion, for me and my family, not you or yours, we will make our decisions based on the advice and recommendations of medical professionals.

all the best to everyone and...

Go Shocks!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• This thread really jumped the shark. liberal ploys to make the NCAA more money The Democrats set this up to ruin the economy. Hell, there's a pickle****er in the Politics forum telling people China is sending thousands of migrants to attack us at the Southern border.

All because you cant watch a basketball game.

Its comical really

Comment

• This has been a pretty normal flu season and 18,000 have died.

I think everyone would agree that if everything we are doing, including cancelling everything, were done every year, it would cut thousands off of that death tole.

Do you people that think these actions are prudent think they should be implemented every year since they would save thousands of lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                  Cancel everything...Churches,
                  Funny until you realize that one single person in South Korea that was part of a religious sect was the cause of at least 70 infections in a single day, which then blew into about 4,000 infections.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Kinda sad. I would have been at the championship game watching our Shocks beat Houston right now. China sucks!
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                      Kinda sad. I would have been at the championship game watching our Shocks beat Houston right now. China sucks!
                      I’m never eating raw bat again..
                      The Assman

Comment

• I see the Fed slashed the rates to zero! Does this mean I won't need the gun to borrow money for awhile? I'll still use the mask, but only for my own protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by bennetjack
                          It's important to know before travelling to Ft. Worth. Some basic details including how to apply for a visa and fees. As I came across numerous websites in India, I found an interesting one that provides detailed travel information, available visas, fees, what to do, facts, and all. I'm glad to share with you guys. Please check this out!!
                          Crack and meth are bad
                          Last edited by DUShock; November 24, 2020, 07:57 AM. Reason: Removed link for initial posters bad behavior.

Comment

• I was sure this was an update that the AAC tournament in 2021 had already been canceled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              I was sure this was an update that the AAC tournament in 2021 had already been canceled.
                              Don't be ridiculous. They'll wait until 45 minutes before tipoff to do that.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X