2019-20 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Fall-time Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally?

The season before last WSU spent a significant portion of the season in the Top 10 in the country, and several weeks in the Top 5.

2003 was 'finally.'

Last year was an aberration, and frankly a very fun one if you were looking for the right things. And it STILL wasn't a team devoid of significant talent.

Comment

Marshall looked pretty relaxed when he smacked the white board out of an assistant coaches hand.

Comment

After watching the Shockers' exhibition game on YurView last evening, I reviewed by earlier prediction on this thread. While I am not prepared to raise my projected wins from 22-24 for the season, I am much more comfortable with my prediction. The outcome of seven games IMO will determine if this is a good season or a great season for the Shockers -
        1. VCU at Koch on Dec 21
        2. Memphis at Koch on Jan 9
        3. Houston at Koch on Jan 18
        4. Cincinnati at Koch on Feb 6
        5. Houston at Fertitta Center Feb 9
        6. Cincinnati at FifthThirdCenter on Feb 23
        7. Memphis at FedExForum on Mar 5

Comment

#7-#8 seed.
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 1, 2019, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            #7-8 seed.
            You are out of your mind. No way we go into selection Sunday with only 2 losses!!!

Oh wait... We aren't in the valley anymore

Comment

It you’re going to think about winning then think about winning big.

Comment

‘We know what we want’: Shockers make their 2019-20 expectations clear

The Wichita State men’s basketball team did not play in the NCAA Tournament last March for the first time in eight years.

Of course, there are worse ways to spend that time than taking down Furman, Clemson and Indiana on the road to punch a ticket to New York City and the semifinals of the National Invitation Tournament.

Especially considering where the Shockers were in January, the 14-4 close to last season was a fun ride for an inexperienced team that found its identity. By most measures, the 22 wins — the 10th straight year WSU coach Gregg Marshall has guided the Shockers to that many — were a success.

Comment

I predict someone will have a similar reaction as this guy, come March... (start at :40 ). Warning: there are a few curse words haha
                  #7 Dayton Flyers vs #10 Wichita State Shockers 2017 NCAA Tournament reaction. Another tough draw for the Flyers. Go Flyers! Links below.2015 Flyers videohttp...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                    I predict someone will have a similar reaction as this guy, come March... (start at :40 ). Warning: there are a few curse words haha
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJfaeMTkSw

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That's gold.

Also, that dude is a CBB fan. Dayton knows what's up. Good fanbase.

Comment

I originally went with 24 wins in one of the polls, but thought that was pretty optimistic.

Then I saw some things in the scrimmage and exhibition. I don't think 24 is optimistic any more - even with Echenique hurt.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          I originally went with 24 wins in one of the polls, but thought that was pretty optimistic.

Then I saw some things in the scrimmage and exhibition. I don't think 24 is optimistic any more - even with Echenique hurt.
                          Is there a link to a video of the scrimmage? Or am I misreading what you were saying when you said, "I saw some things in the scrimmage..."?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Is there a link to a video of the scrimmage? Or am I misreading what you were saying when you said, "I saw some things in the scrimmage..."?
                            Black & Yellow scrimmage is what I meant. Sorry to be unclear.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The Ramblers? WTH? What is Dayton, like the Spiders or something? I dunno.

Comment

I have to bump this thread.

When Shockernet is rational and not emotional, we're actually damn good as a group.

But as the family car starts driving closer and closer to the trees, the forest becomes a really big, blurry place.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X