thank you aftershox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you aftershox

thank you all for squeezing the series into your schedule. definitely enjoyed seeing the alums back on the cka court again. hopefully this becomes an annual tradition as the tournament has been very entertaining

Second this!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The TBT tournament committee or advisors would be idiots not to have CKA hosts a region every year just based on how well we sold tickets. They’d be dumb not to invite us every year. Shocker nation knows how to show out! We love our basketball in Wichita. Shockers or Aftershocks. Doesn’t matter we love em all!
      Shocker Alumni
      Shocker Club Soccer alumni
      Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

The Shocker Nation showed the TBT that we love and support our Shockers and college basketball. I would almost bet we will see this tournament again next year. What a great way of spending a few days in JULY and it appeared the players enjoyed this experience as much as we did.

Comment

Thanks Aftershox! Thank Karon for getting it started!

Comment

This was fun (except for the loss) and it was great to see so many alumni players back together. Reading the back stories and seeing them again keeps their legacies alive and intrduces them to a younger generation who never got to see them play.

Comment

Every player on the team was part of the Shockers becoming a respected program. It's always good to seem them back in Wichita. I also hold other Shockers who weren't invited or declined to play on the Aftershocks in high regard. They all bring back memories and are a part of our history.

Comment

That was a lot if fun to watch! Had Cotton been able to go...Sat's outcome would've been different. Hopefully next year!!! GO SHOCKS!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  That was a lot if fun to watch! Had Cotton been able to go...Sat's outcome would've been different. Hopefully next year!!! GO SHOCKS!!!
                  He would have helped, but what we needed was some consistent 3-point shooting in that game.

Comment

While I agree that you can never have enough shooters I think between Hannah, Frankamp, Shorter, and Cle we had enough shooters to beat that team. There is a difference between “bad shooters” and “bad shooting game” just like there is a difference between “good shooters” and “those guys didn’t miss”.

Sometimes open looks don’t fall no matter how good a shooter you are. Defense and rebounding on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
                      The Shocker Nation showed the TBT that we love and support our Shockers and college basketball. I would almost bet we will see this tournament again next year. What a great way of spending a few days in JULY and it appeared the players enjoyed this experience as much as we did.
                      What was the attendance of the championship game?

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
                        ShockerDropOut commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The said something on sports daily yesterday about that. I don’t remember the number exactly. I think they said around 2600 sold, but there weren’t that many in attendance by my eyes.

As per TBT article from the Eagle, the tickets sold was 4,219. I'm sure that attendance was less than that.

"Before this summer, The Basketball Tournament had never generated more than 2,500 fans for a game.

Wichita shattered that attendance record four straight days last week, drawing 20,000 fans to Koch Arena to see the inaugural summer of TBT action with the Wichita State alumni team, the Aftershocks, drawing a record crowd of 7,184 fans on opening night.

Even with alumni teams from WSU, Kansas and Kansas State all eliminated, Sunday’s championship game that saw Marquette’s Golden Eagles defeat Sideline Cancer, 88-80, still sold 4,219 tickets."

Comment

that counted the all-session tickets that were sold. mrs sharif and i skipped the championship game but were counted in the attendance numbers

Comment

There was no where near 4600 there Sunday. Top end would be 2k and my family told me they thought that was way high. I did enjoy the tournament and will be back cheering on the Aftershocks next summer.
                        ​​
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                          There was no where near 4600 there Sunday. Top end would be 2k and my family told me they thought that was way high. I did enjoy the tournament and will be back cheering on the Aftershocks next summer.
                          ​​
                          Well, I think that the point people were making is that even 2K isn’t that bad compared to other regionals (especially if the Shocks, Cats, and hawks don’t have any skin in the game. So still good job Wichita.

Comment

Working...
                          X