TBT - Live action, general discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post
    What is Shannon Shorters connection to the team?
    Shorter is a Houston native who played his college ball at North Texas. My guess is he may have a connection with one of our Houton alums. Maybe P.J. Couisnard, Toure Murry and/or Zach Brown.

Comment

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      Cousinard told Bradley about Shorter, so that was the connection that brought Shorter to Wichita.

Wasn't Randy Burns from Houston too?
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      Burns was from Houston, and there's been a player from Houston on the roster every since he got here.

Originally posted by shock View Post
    What is Shannon Shorters connection to the team?
    Taylor Eldridge: Meet the Aftershocks’ only non-WSU player, who nearly was a Shocker 12 years ago

Shorter, a Houston native, was recruited to the Aftershocks by coaching advisor P.J. Couisnard, a star at WSU from 2003-08 and also a Houston native, as well as Texas native and Aftershocks player J.T. Durley, another WSU star (2006-11).

This actually isn’t the first time Wichita State has recruited Shorter, who said he nearly became a Shocker back in 2007 in Marshall’s first season in town. It was Mark Turgeon who first recruited Shorter, but Shorter said he lost interest in WSU when Turgeon wanted him to go to prep school for a season.

Shorter started his career at a junior college, transferred to Texas A&M Corpus Christi, then finished at North Texas where he became a starting guard on a team that won 24 games and reached the NCAA Tournament. Shorter played his role on a winning team at North Texas, averaging 6.5 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game in two seasons.

Shorter has played in 10 different countries, most recently helping lead Mobis Phoebus to the Korean Basketball League championship, averaging 16.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game.

For the Aftershocks, Shorter knows he will have a role to play as a versatile guard. At 6 feet, 4 inches and 210 pounds, he has the size to bully smaller guards in the post. He’s also worked diligently on improving his outside shot and is a point guard by nature, so he has no problems creating for others. He’s also an above-average defender and rebounder.

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      A day late, but I don't know about a dollar short. Pumping up your post count my friend? I know that I am.

At the SLC regional, #8 seed Team Utah leads #1 Eberlein Drive, 38-36, just before halftime.

Comment

Waiting for AfterShox, watching SelfMade in Koch... if nothing else, this is good national ESPN exposure for WSU just by hosting the tournament!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        At the SLC regional, #8 seed Team Utah leads #1 Eberlein Drive, 38-36, just before halftime.
        Update on this Royal?

Comment

• RoyalShock
          RoyalShock commented
          Editing a comment
          Eberlein Drive pulled it out.

Comment

That was the most Kansas performance they could have. Enough talent, zero fight.

Comment

I’m happy Self Made lost, but I hope Ellis is gonna be ok. Really good person who didn’t deserve to go down like he did.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              No doubt. He went down battling for a rebound. Never was a bad actor, class student athlete, just an awful tragedy. I think everyone knows my disdain for everything ku but that was awful and I hope Perry can recover and have a great pro career.

Is Self still here?

Comment

• KBShocker
              KBShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              He gone, didn’t stay

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              WuShock16 was near the Rug and he commented that Dollar Bill was on the concourse before the buzzer stopped.

Pretty cool.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Where is Marshall sitting?

Comment

• KBShocker
                KBShocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Around where Lynn usually sits

JT with some really dumb plays. Early looks great

Comment

Score?

Comment

AfterShocks win!

Comment

Working...