Band Wagon and Grapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band Wagon and Grapes

Bandwagon and Grapes... what does one have to do with the other?
    Those of you who think you can just jump back on the bandwagon after we clobbered LSU, could be subject to a kick square in the grapes! (that can be very painful) :shock:
    We don't need fair weather fans.
    Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Perhaps if you could get your mind off the grapes you would realize that there is a tremendous difference between fair weather/band bandwagon fans and non-Rah-Rah fans. Believe it or not, there are a lot of "true" Shocker fans who for various reasons believe that we have lost some games we shouldn't have lost and are and will be going through a learning experience this year and possibly next year as well. But this does not mean that we aren't pulling for them to win every day and are delighted that the team beat LSU in a very positive way.

If you haven't been disappointed at several of the loses we had this year, I would surmise you have been kicked in the grapes at least once two often.

Comment

I miss grapes, but I miss Tanners more.

Comment

We NEED fair weather fans, they fill in the last 1000 seats that we've had trouble filling.

Comment

Fair weather fans are ok. Sycophants are not.

Comment

We seem to have a number of people who love to classify other Shocker fans, who do not fit into their mirror image, or into their particular mode and identical beliefs, into derogatory categories.

What's wrong? Don't we have enough enemies out there or do we constantly have to attack our own?

In my humble opinion, anyone who follows the Shockers and pulls for them to win is a Shocker fan. A fan can be critical at times (as long as it is constructive) or never critical. That's fine. They can stand, they can shout, they can sit, they can pout. They can even offer their opinions as to zone vs. man-to-man, number of 3 pointers shot, or anything else that turns them on or off.

Back when I attended WU, we stupidly called anyone who was different or who had a different slant, a pinky or a communist, or even worse, we freely and stupidly insulted them with racial or religious slurs.

Thankfully, we have matured beyond that. But it seems, we still have a ways to go.

Comment

tap, tap, tap!

40,50, and 60 something year old men that have to reduce things down to a 'Hatfield and McCoy' type arena all the time need to go visit a shrink. I would think we can be more mature than that, and a little more 'Christian like' considering the season. (and that goes for the KU and KSU haters too, get over it - We are what we are by what we do, not by what someone else does).

How we conduct ourselves and what we do on the court is what defines us.

Comment

Refs

Where I sit in Sec 123, a guy in front of me was constantly up yelling at the refs regardless of whether they made a call or not. Finally, two guys in front of him got fed up with him & they had quite a yelling session at the guy criticizing the refs. I cudn't hear what he was saying, but it did get pretty tiresome. I've not seen anything like that before where people are yellling at each other to shutup.

Comment

blah blah blah... So does someone need kicked square in the grapes or not? (that can be very painful)
                  Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                    tap, tap, tap!

40,50, and 60 something year old men that have to reduce things down to a 'Hatfield and McCoy' type arena all the time need to go visit a shrink. I would think we can be more mature than that, and a little more 'Christian like' considering the season. (and that goes for the KU and KSU haters too, get over it - We are what we are by what we do, not by what someone else does).

How we conduct ourselves and what we do on the court is what defines us.
                    Dont forget 20, 30, teen preteen, 70, 80 90, centurians. Have I forgotten anyone? :posterwu: :D :whistle: 8) 8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Re: Refs

Originally posted by xazshox
                      Where I sit in Sec 123, a guy in front of me was constantly up yelling at the refs regardless of whether they made a call or not. Finally, two guys in front of him got fed up with him & they had quite a yelling session at the guy criticizing the refs. I cudn't hear what he was saying, but it did get pretty tiresome. I've not seen anything like that before where people are yellling at each other to shutup.
                      Didn't realize Coach Davis had a seat that far from the bench

Comment

Re: Refs

Originally posted by Shox151
                        Originally posted by xazshox
                        Didn't realize Coach Davis had a seat that far from the bench
                        :yahoo:
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

DD,
                          Why do you care so much when folks jump on the bandwagon? Why ? ones fanhood at all? As somebody stated earlier we need those bandwagon folks to jump on and help fill the seats. Anyway, Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!
                          Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Comment

If they suport the Shox I say welcome aboard!

:posterwu: :posterwu: :posterwsu: 8) :good: :good: 8)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Money in the bank. That's what bandwagoners are. And last I checked, it takes quite a bit of jack to run an athletic department.

What about all the bandwagoners at the Super Regional? Were they wrong to spend the money to pack the Eck?

Comment

Working...
                              X