2020-21 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    More time for Ricky to visit those Italian restaurants for some good "grub"...

Comment

Rick Pitino shouldn't be coaching. Period. Don't care for his thoughts on any subject. I could, but not even going to make a bad joke about it. But vaccine? LOL. Not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We already bought them once (last year). Not sure why this would be any different.
        They had the CRAZIEST student manager ever...made Kellen look calm...

Comment

I could see huge obstacles with this as it relates to the NCAA Tournament. If there are no non-conference games, it would be difficult (if not impossible) to compare teams from different conferences without historical bias (not that it doesn't exist anyway). New Mexico State went undefeated in conference. Wisky/Maryland/Sparty went 14-6 to share conference title. Chris Jans's squad could argue that it should be seeded above the B1G schools. Normally, that would sound ridiculous, but without any non-conference play being considered, why not? Undefeated is better than 14-6. If resumes are supposed to be judged by that season and that season only, what evidence could dispute that?

Another example, which conference should get more bids? Both are ten-team, true round-robin leagues.

Conf A Conf B
          17-1 14-4
          15-3 13-5
          9-9 11-7
          9-9 11-7
          9-9 10-8
          9-9 9-9
          7-11 9-9
          7-11 8-10
          5-13 5-13
          3-15 0-18
          Conference A had a couple of good teams and a lot of pretty similar mediocre teams. Conference B had half its member at 10 wins, so it was seemingly balanced and deeper with good teams. I would think most would see B as better...until you find out that A was the Big 12 and B was the Valley.

So, while I get it to maybe hold off until January and just play the conference season, it creates more complex chaos when you consider the postseason.
          78-65

Comment

• It's highly likely the entire college sports calendar is delayed. Not sure what college football is going to do.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
              It's highly likely the entire college sports calendar is delayed. Not sure what college football is going to do.
              There is no need to be concerned about sports. Everything will be ok and all season sports will start on time without any restrictions. We must put our trust in the Orange God. He is a stable genius and he is the chosen one. Look he has already given us excellent advise. Remember!!! He told you that all you have to do is to drink Clorox. This is a cure to the virus.

" When you have 15 people and the 15 people within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that is a pretty good job we have done"

Shocker fans must accept the fact that this so-called virus is nothing but a left wing liberal media hoax. Go shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I could see huge obstacles with this as it relates to the NCAA Tournament. If there are no non-conference games, it would be difficult (if not impossible) to compare teams from different conferences without historical bias (not that it doesn't exist anyway). New Mexico State went undefeated in conference. Wisky/Maryland/Sparty went 14-6 to share conference title. Chris Jans's squad could argue that it should be seeded above the B1G schools. Normally, that would sound ridiculous, but without any non-conference play being considered, why not? Undefeated is better than 14-6. If resumes are supposed to be judged by that season and that season only, what evidence could dispute that?

Another example, which conference should get more bids? Both are ten-team, true round-robin leagues.

Conf A Conf B
                17-1 14-4
                15-3 13-5
                9-9 11-7
                9-9 11-7
                9-9 10-8
                9-9 9-9
                7-11 9-9
                7-11 8-10
                5-13 5-13
                3-15 0-18
                Conference A had a couple of good teams and a lot of pretty similar mediocre teams. Conference B had half its member at 10 wins, so it was seemingly balanced and deeper with good teams. I would think most would see B as better...until you find out that A was the Big 12 and B was the Valley.

So, while I get it to maybe hold off until January and just play the conference season, it creates more complex chaos when you consider the postseason.
                Hogwash!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

There is no need to be concerned about sports. Everything will be ok and all season sports will start on time without any restrictions. We must put our trust in the Orange God. He is a stable genius and he is the chosen one. Look he has already given us excellent advise. Remember!!! He told you that all you have to do is to drink Clorox. This is a cure to the virus.

" When you have 15 people and the 15 people within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that is a pretty good job we have done"

Shocker fans must accept the fact that this so-called virus is nothing but a left wing liberal media hoax. Go shocks.
                  Thought we were keeping political discussions to the appropriate threads?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Thought we were keeping political discussions to the appropriate threads?
                    This is not political. We are talking about if the college basketball season get started without restrictions. I am just following up on all the previous discussions and Coach Pitino suggestion.

Comment

This is not political. We are talking about if the college basketball season get started without restrictions. I am just following up on all the previous discussions and Coach Pitino suggestion.
                      Come on. No one on here is buying that crap. Take it to the political forum.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Seriously dude? I am not an idiot. Your post was ALL political.

Comment

• Comment

• Hilltoppers attempted to get Kentucky on 2020-21 schedule - Daily News

JARED MacDONALD
                            07/07/20, 2:00pm cst

https://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/w...1fffe73f1.html

"...The Hilltoppers are slated to play Wichita State in a guaranteed money game this season. Because of WKU's success against quality opponents – the Hilltoppers are 8-4 against Power Five teams the last three seasons – scheduling isn't always easy. WKU athletic director Todd Stewart told the Daily News in a February interview, before the Wichita State game was finalized and WKU still needed an away guarantee game, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and Cincinnati were among the schools that rejected a request to play. All three are regionally located, and he said in the interview WKU tried to offer a two-for-one setup where WKU makes two visits to the opposing school in return for one home game at E.A. Diddle Arena. Stewart said they bargained for Tennessee to play a home-and-home and one game at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, an area where both universities have a large alumni base..."

Comment

• Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall and Kansas State's Bruce Weber have agreed to a four-game series, beginning in 2021, and will also stage a special charity exhibition game this October.

Charity game at IBA this year followed by IBA, Bramlage, Sprint Center, Koch.

Bruce Weber earns some of my respect with this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                                https://goshockers.com/news/2020/7/1...T35KuH1oF7SQg0

Charity game at IBA this year followed by IBA, Bramlage, Sprint Center, Koch.

Bruce Weber earns some of my respect with this one.
                                That's a home run IMO. We basically got 2 home games for 1 away game and a Neutral with a Big 12 team. Might argue 3 home games vs 1 away.

Comment

Working...
                                X