2020-21 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I believe it was actually 10,000 plus 1% of the mens basketball budget. So probably closer to 100k. Still not a lot but that was already the self-imposed part.
    Ok so he'll have to raid the change jar and his couch cushions.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Ok so he'll have to raid the change jar and his couch cushions.
      Didn't ole T. Boone pass last September?
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        So 3 less scholarships through 2022-23 (3 years) is 2020-21, 2021-22, and 2022-2023. I'm assuming they already have all 13 scholarships spoken for. Now, they may have 3 (or more) leave on their own, but that could really put any player in a bind finding a new school. Cunningham and the two 4* may want to go, but "go where" may be their problem. I wonder how much another school would need to pay a end of the bench player to leave and give up their schollie?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

So 3 less scholarships through 2022-23 (3 years) is 2020-21, 2021-22, and 2022-2023. I'm assuming they already have all 13 scholarships spoken for. Now, they may have 3 (or more) leave on their own, but that could really put any player in a bind finding a new school. Cunningham and the two 4* may want to go, but "go where" may be their problem. I wonder how much another school would need to pay a end of the bench player to leave and give up their schollie?
          Well Cunningham can go whereever he wants including making money in the G-League. I'm not sure how they force scholarships out from under signed players though. I'm not sure if it means 3 Scholarships EVERY year or 3 scholarships across 3 years (so 1 per year, or 0, 1, 2 etc). If it's the 2nd option that would make more sense and easier for the school to actually make happen without pulling the rug out from under a student that had nothing to do with all this.

Comment

Well Cunningham can go whereever he wants including making money in the G-League. I'm not sure how they force scholarships out from under signed players though. I'm not sure if it means 3 Scholarships EVERY year or 3 scholarships across 3 years (so 1 per year, or 0, 1, 2 etc). If it's the 2nd option that would make more sense and easier for the school to actually make happen without pulling the rug out from under a student that had nothing to do with all this.
            Good point. You're probably right, but 1 schollie per year is kinda meh.

Comment

• Kansas State hopes to schedule future basketball game at Wichita’s Intrust Bank Arena - Wichita State

BY KELLIS ROBINETT
              JUNE 10, 2020 05:00 AM CST

"...It’s fair to wonder if playing non-conference games in Wichita is still a priority for K-State.

“It is definitely something we are still looking at,” K-State basketball coach Bruce Weber said. “We haven’t forgotten about Wichita. We want to play there every few years and we will try to get back there and play another game soon.” Weber has a target date in mind. He said the Wildcats are working to schedule another Wichita game around Christmas in 2021, and they have already approached a few teams about the possibility....

It might make sense for K-State and Wichita State to play a game there, but that is unlikely to happen anytime soon. Weber said he reached out to the Shockers about scheduling a series two years ago, but they declined the offer.Then, in February, Wichita State athletic director Darron Boatright told the Eagle that the Shockers were willing to play the Wildcats in a balanced scheduling scenario but it wasn’t going to happen because K-State had no interest in actually playing the games.

For now, it seems like both teams are willing to play games at Intrust Bank Arena. Just not against each other...."

Comment

• The AAC has released the Conference Pairings for the Women's Teams. Last year, the Men's Pairings were released a couple of days after the women. Guessing we see our match-ups this week or next.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Better be a buy game.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Better be a buy game.
                      I’m sure it is. No need to worry. We haven’t played an opponent like this on the road since probably UMKC early in 3G’s tenure (not counting BracketBuster opponent, etc where we didn’t have a choice in the matter).
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Better be a buy game.
                        We already bought them once (last year). Not sure why this would be any different.

Comment

We already bought them once (last year). Not sure why this would be any different.
                          The tweet also said “will host” - i.e. at WSU.

Comment

• Yeah, pretty much what I thought. I’m not sure what reaper is so upset about.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• "Potential No. 1 NBA draft pick Cade Cunningham announced Monday that he is sticking with his commitment to Oklahoma State despite the NCAA giving the Cowboys a postseason ban for next season...."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...postseason-ban

Missed out on potential No. 1 NBA draft pick James Wiseman (7'1" center from Memphis) last year, so hopefully this one will make it.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X