No announcement yet.

2020-21 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Kansas government were to ever mandate intrastate competition among tax-payer funded D1 schools, now is the time. There's actually a darn good reason to enforce it and there's definitely something to be gained by all -- player health and responsible use of tax payer dollars.

But so far it's clear which schools prioritize pride over their athletes' health.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I would love that Home and Home with Arkansas! Tulsa and Stillwater arent bad drives from Fayetteville, but walking to a game would be so nice! I was so disappointed for the article to read Missouri the other morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        If the Kansas government were to ever mandate intrastate competition among tax-payer funded D1 schools, now is the time. There's actually a darn good reason to enforce it and there's definitely something to be gained by all -- player health and responsible use of tax payer dollars.

But so far it's clear which schools prioritize pride over their athletes' health.

Nothing like some good intrastate competition! LOL
        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• NCAA won't mandate uniform return to college sports, Mark Emmert says - ESPN

Heather Dinich, Senior Writer
          May 12, 2020, 7:39 PM CT

The NCAA won't mandate or oversee a uniform return to college sports, NCAA president Mark Emmert told ESPN on Tuesday, leaving decisions on start dates to state officials and university presidents.

"The NCAA won't mandate or oversee a uniform return to college sports, NCAA president Mark Emmert said Tuesday, leaving decisions on start dates to state officials and university presidents. College athletics came to a halt in mid-March, when the NCAA canceled the men's and women's basketball tournaments, along with all remaining winter and spring championships, because of the evolving threat of the coronavirus pandemic. There is still no timetable for a return, and Emmert said it isn't the NCAA's role to determine one in this instance...."

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              NCAA won't mandate uniform return to college sports, Mark Emmert says - ESPN

Heather Dinich, Senior Writer
              May 12, 2020, 7:39 PM CT

The NCAA won't mandate or oversee a uniform return to college sports, NCAA president Mark Emmert told ESPN on Tuesday, leaving decisions on start dates to state officials and university presidents.

"The NCAA won't mandate or oversee a uniform return to college sports, NCAA president Mark Emmert said Tuesday, leaving decisions on start dates to state officials and university presidents. College athletics came to a halt in mid-March, when the NCAA canceled the men's and women's basketball tournaments, along with all remaining winter and spring championships, because of the evolving threat of the coronavirus pandemic. There is still no timetable for a return, and Emmert said it isn't the NCAA's role to determine one in this instance...."
              California State school system yesterday announced they only do online schooling this fall. I assume that means those schools in that system will not have fall athletics. That effects 3 MWC schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I could see K-State pulling the release on a game, but definitely NOT KU. Far too risky of a game. They need matchups at home where the visitor has no ulterior motive, such as, I don't know, wanting to beat one of the few schools that has avoided playing said school (WSU) and not because the games are "bad games" for them, but because, WSU goes in with the motivation as Ivan Drago said....

That's what happens to KU. Its okay to lose to a Michigan St/Louisville/Michigan St at home, but it really is ALL ABOUT FEAR. They won't schedule teams at home unless they are "supposed" to win. They are the Syracuse of the midwest, mostly refusing to travel for a game unless the conference so mandates it (or unless Bill Self has thhe opportunity to flash his big ol smile to the national TV cameras when something goofy happens during the game.) All too often they run into a team, usually a supposed "Mid-Major" in the NCAA Tourney and we get to watch that smile turn upside down. Most supposed elite programs are nothing more than dirigibles, filled with hot air, waiting to be popped.
                Wow.!!!!!! LMAO How did I miss this? Totally agree about your reasoning except for the one statement about the mildkittens pulling the trigger. They scared too. It doesn't matter. From what I have pieced together about the shocks schedule it looks like the Shocks play non conference games against Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, and possibly Ohio State in the Bahamas tournament. That is a pretty good schedule.

Comment

• The NCAA has said schools can have athletes on campus in June for workouts. That wa probably done to save the FB season.

Strikes me that it wouod gbe easier to wsafeguard basketball players than football players, just based on the numbers of players in the sport.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Comment

• If this causes Cunningham (#1 recruit) to decommit from OSU, this could be an impact to our SOS next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If this causes Cunningham (#1 recruit) to decommit from OSU, this could be an impact to our SOS next year.
                        Well, I guess we found the NCAA scapegoat. Carry on blue bloods.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            $10,000??? T Boone has that in his change jar on his nightstand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Well, I guess we found the NCAA scapegoat. Carry on blue bloods.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

$10,000??? T Boone has that in his change jar on his nightstand.
                                I believe it was actually 10,000 plus 1% of the mens basketball budget. So probably closer to 100k. Still not a lot but that was already the self-imposed part.

Comment

Working...
                                X