X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Felicia...

Comment

• Interesting post from the AAC board

hmm, they suck at football, they suck at basketball, and they suck at cheating.
      The tri-fecta.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This is actually a net-positive for UCONN.

Their only real punishment is the loss of a scholarship, which they had already self-imposed.

In the meantime, they get out of having to pay Ollie the $10 million he was looking for, because it turns out they were right to fire him.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
          This is actually a net-positive for UCONN.

Their only real punishment is the loss of a scholarship, which they had already self-imposed.

In the meantime, they get out of having to pay Ollie the $10 million he was looking for, because it turns out they were right to fire him.
          Yup this was a gift-wrapped present to UCONN. Probation doesn’t really mean anything besides having to send in extra paperwork. They had already self-imposed those sanctions and now they can most-likely get the case dropped from Ollie which saves them 10 million.

Comment

• It makes me wonder about Coach Self. If Ollie got a 3 year show cause for what is considered a level 2 infraction. What would be considered a fair penalty for a blue blood coach who also has a ring and has had several players have issues in the last decade? If the NCAA is putting their foot down on Ollie, they would seem to be obligated to give an equal or greater penalty to the coaches and schools currently under investigation. KU, Arizona, OSU, USC, etc.....should any head coach expect to survive an investigation?

Comment

• OregonShocker
              OregonShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              HaHaHaHaHa! That's not the way the NCAA works!

• Comment

• OregonShocker
              OregonShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              so there's a silver lining...

• Good-God I remember that cluster. Like a damn Chinese fire-drill that was. Lol
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Surprised the BE wants them. Budget deficits, NCAA violations, and an eye to bolt for the B1G, or ACC. Nor do they fit the BE model of private non football playing catholic schools.
              UConn seems like a disaster to me, and this seems like a BE mistake.

Comment

• The NBE hasn’t been much beyond Nova and is coming offa year that ended in a popcorn fart.

They want UConn to validate their claim to be like the old big east.

Comment

• Seems odd to me, too. UConn is a throwback, but they don't fir the current Big East model, and they could indeed be inclined to go elsewhere if the opportunity arises.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    I love their paraphrase...
                    UCONN: "We want to go."
                    Aresco: "Fine, you aren't any good in football or basketball anyway. We have options."
                    UConn seriously imploded... Couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase...

You'd think they've been relevant or something...

Ollie is just another scapegoat. They'll try to change their school colors next.

Comment

• It’s a sad day when you self report violations so you can fire your coach and avoid paying his remaining contract. Ollie was lousy at cheating...he got caught. Unlike his predecessor who was very good at it.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Who said Calhoun was any better at it that Ollie? He just didn't have the school wanting to get rid of him. Heck, Ollie was probably doing business as usual that he learned from Calhoun. UConn did have a choice. 1) Keep Ollie, not self report, taking a chance that the NCAA finds out in a different way after Ollie was already gone and then face doubled the sanctions or 2) what they did. Seems like a pretty easy choice regardless of the motive.

• I feel like we should tread carefully in talking down about the Big East.

Comment

• another shocker
                        another shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        not where wichita state is concerned.

• KU should consider joining the BE as well. Blue-blood basketball school. POS football program. Toss that debacle over the side and just get on with it, I say.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not a bad idea, Sam. They fit the geographic profile as well as Creighton does: Lawrence is actually a bit east of Omaha. Plus, it'd be kind of appropriate to switch from one misnamed league (the Big 12-2) to another (the East So Big it includes a state -- Nebraska -- not only west of the Mississippi, but part of which is actually on Mountain Time).

• N Crestway
                        N Crestway commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If the KU football program hasn't achieved some level of mediocrity in 5 years who knows? But as long as the Big 12 exists, the members are going to be OK with one more patsy on their schedules so no problem from the Big 12 standpoint...

• Obviously Air Force would leap at an invitation. I don't think their coach would be speaking in public if he didn't think it was a possibility. I mean Mt West can't be thrilled with the quotes. And I would think AF would bring both fb and bb. Problem is they bring nothing to the bb table.
                      Calhoun did allude to a potential shift to join Navy in the American Athletic Conference when he noted that, “if you were in a league and if one of your league games as against a federal school” then it would open the scheduling for more flexibility.

Comment

Working...
                      X