UCONN gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I mean... Your numbers from 2015 on show the trend I'm talking about. And 2019 had a "bad" WSU and Memphis
    Lol, the BE has pretty much been the 3rd best conference for the past six years, sure the AAC is trending upward, but I don’t ever see the conference getting as high as the 3rd best in the nation.

You mention WSU and Memphis being down last year but conveniently forget that the BE last season had a “bad” Villanova, Xavier, Butler and Providence in 2019 and still finished as the 5th best conference by a wide margin.

I just don’t see how you can rationally think the AAC is a better league without putting on your rose colored glasses.

Comment

Gonzaga and Army football. Make it happen.

Comment

Seems more to do with geography and historical rivalries than anything else. We live in an age of conference hopping so this shouldn't be a big surprise. Don't quite understand the non-catholic part.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          Butler isn’t Catholic either

• wusphlash
          wusphlash commented
          Editing a comment
          I stand corrected. I should have said Catholic/private. I guess the BE is showing they are flexible.

I know we all love the AAC, however I find it hard to believe some would rather be in the AAC instead of the Big East. I would love to kick CUs butt every year.

Comment

Are any legit news agency picking up on this ?

Comment

• Maizerunner08
            Maizerunner08 commented
            Editing a comment
            ESPN reporting it. Can’t imagine it isn’t a done deal.

From a pure travel experience (either the destination is a close easy travel, or the destination is exciting from an entertainment/historical perspective), which conference would you rather be in?

(I removed UConn and Wichita, Kansas)

Group 1
          ---
          Indianapolis, Indiana
          Omaha, Nebraska
          Chicago, Illinois
          Washington, D.C.
          Milwaukee, Wisconsin
          Providence, Rhode Island
          Queens, New York
          South Orange, New Jersey
          Villanova, Pennsylvania
          Cincinnati, Ohio

or

Group 2
          ---
          Orlando, Florida
          Cincinnati, Ohio
          Greenville, North Carolina
          Houston, Texas
          Memphis, Tennessee
          Tampa, Florida
          Dallas, Texas
          Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
          New Orleans, Louisiana
          Tulsa, Oklahoma
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

You might as well take Cincinnati, Orlando, and Houston off the AAC travel list because that's coming within 5 years. Houston, Cincinnati, and Central Florida are all primed for the Big 6 jump. It's not if, it's when. Good luck replacing 4 major teams.

Comment

This is not devastating news, but it's bad news for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by State View Post
                You might as well take Cincinnati, Orlando, and Houston off the AAC travel list because that's coming within 5 years. Houston, Cincinnati, and Central Florida are all primed for the Big 6 jump. It's not if, it's when. Good luck replacing 4 major teams.
                UCONN effectively throws in the towel on FB, and takes an offer from a non-P5 conference that makes more sense for them geographically and historically, and that suddenly means other schools in the AAC are now even closer to a P5 offer that didn’t precipitate in the last decade of conference turmoil, but now that the P5’s have firmed up it’s just right there on the precipice of reality?

Makes total sense now that I turned it into one hell of a run-on sentence.

Comment

Yahoo sports say VCU the logical replacement
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Oh, stop fooling yourself. You know well and good that those 3 are for sure gone during next round of P5/6 realignment.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
                      Maizerunner08 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Could it happen, yes. I don’t think anything is a foregone conclusion at this point. Regardless, the resulting AAC is STILL better than the 15 seed MVC.

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                    Yahoo sports say VCU the logical replacement
                    I for one hope they poach a MWC team that could have some upside in football.

Unless WSU is adding football and VCU becomes the basketball-only school in the conference ;)
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by State View Post
                      Oh, stop fooling yourself. You know well and good that those 3 are for sure gone during next round of P5/6 realignment.
                      The only folks who think that are small irrational minorities within those specific fan bases. It’s not a topic of conversation anywhere else in the US sports landscape.

Weird right?

Like flat earth-ers, but in college sports.

Comment

UCONN is a big loss to the AAC on the optics/perception/cache side of things. Not so much on the actual performance side of things. They’ve been pretty bad, and whatever Hurley is doing isn’t exactly happening overnight.

Give me a football-only coupled with an Olympic sports combo like we’re a part of. The all sports options are pretty awful, either geographically, perception/profile, or just, well, literally. On the other hand some FB/Oly combos look pretty nice. Combine Army with VCU, Dayton, or SLU and I’m good with that. Actually an improvement on paper and statistically, if a step back in perception.

Comment

• Shock Top
                          Shock Top commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'd prefer Dayton to VCU I think. They remind me a lot of WSU. I was very impressed with their turnout in Orlando.

On paper, SLU would be great. Great school, big city. On performance, not so much. Like a Loyola 2.0 of sorts.

• Dark Lord
                          Dark Lord commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dayton has Cincinnati issues

Still feels good not being in the MVC, AMIRITE?!

Comment

Working...
                        X