No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet (2012-16) "Future" Shocker Sports Hall of Famer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm very happy for Fred. Bet on yourself is beautiful catch phrase that was made successful by Fred with A LOT of hard work, extra time at the gym before everyone shows up and after everyone leaves. A lot of self discipline. It's not a mentality to be taken lightly. I hope kids don't just adopt this attitude and take the wrong way. There are not many Freds around.

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
      I'm very happy for Fred. Bet on yourself is beautiful catch phrase that was made successful by Fred with A LOT of hard work, extra time at the gym before everyone shows up and after everyone leaves. A lot of self discipline. It's not a mentality to be taken lightly. I hope kids don't just adopt this attitude and take the wrong way. There are not many Freds around.
      Considering that Fred has the largest NBA contract ever for a free agent, there has never been another Fred. I don't think there are any records for players with only a D1 walkon offer lasting 3 years in the league, but Baker is also a "once in a lifetime" guy.

Too bad that FVV had a lingering hamstring injury and Shamet had a season-ending injury in FVV's Sr season. A 3-guard offense with FVV, Baker and Shamet at the three guard spots may have done some serious damage.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Considering that Fred has the largest NBA contract ever for an undrafted free agent, there has never been another Fred. I don't think there are any records for players with only a D1 walkon offer lasting 3 years in the league, but Baker is also a "once in a lifetime" guy.

Too bad that FVV had a lingering hamstring injury and Shamet had a season-ending injury in FVV's Sr season. A 3-guard offense with FVV, Baker and Shamet at the three guard spots may have done some serious damage.
        not the largest ever for a free agent, but the largest ever for a free agent that went undrafted.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Comment

• Fred VanVleet Future Shocker Hall of Famer, future NBA Hall of Famer, future (current?) all time NBA great pg,. Highest paid undrafted player in history. Future coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
              Future coach?
              For his sake, I hope not.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• He will not need to coach after his career is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                  He will not need to coach after his career is over.
                  Did Hardaway?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Did Hardaway?
                    You call that coaching?
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
                      I'm very happy for Fred. Bet on yourself is beautiful catch phrase that was made successful by Fred with A LOT of hard work, extra time at the gym before everyone shows up and after everyone leaves. A lot of self discipline. It's not a mentality to be taken lightly. I hope kids don't just adopt this attitude and take the wrong way. There are not many Freds around.
                      I agree that that mentality is only simple if you are a guy like Fred (hard worker, very, very smart, skilled).

VanVleet knew he was willing to work harder than other guys. He knew he had the skills and mind to take a calculated risk with a potential for an incredibly high-reward. This level of success was unnecessary for that bet to have "paid off," but this level of success for a guy like Fred (short, undrafted, small school) is rare air.

Invest in yourself and then when the time is right - make the bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                        He will not need to coach after his career is over.
                        [Did Hardaway?]

[You call that coaching?]

Comment

• Good 10 minutes of Fred’s career tourney highlights. I have never been more confident in one of my team’s players than Fred or Mahomes. Having them on your team, you just know you’re gonna win lol

Comment

• Is anyone an ESPN insider? I was wondering where Fred ranked in the top 100 player rankings.
                            Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                              Is anyone an ESPN insider? I was wondering where Fred ranked in the top 100 player rankings.
                              VanVleet, Lowry, Siakam hit top 50 in ESPN’s latest player rankings

Comment

• VanVleet is 40,

Comment

Working...
                                X