No announcement yet.

Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy's ejection and the alleged incident with the official was not even mentioned in the hometown Scottsbluff Herald game report. Now whether are not the reporter was even at the game in Sheridan, Wyoming is hard to say. How do you know what to believe for sure?

Hard to believe there isn't more info on this if it really happenned as described in the posted tweet.

There was also no mention of the alleged incident in the Sheridan County Press game report.

I'm withholding judgement at this point absent more substantive confirmation of the facts.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 11, 2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Going from the Big12, to the AAC, to the Juco leagues will greatly increase his odds of failure. We were his last chance to make a serious change. Nobody cares what he does at his current level. I'm not saying it was our fault he didn't work out, but I don't think we took his "condition" as seriously as we could have. I'm the last person to make excuses for someone's behavior, but when it comes to Shocker basketball and Teddy's potential impact on the court for us... I'll make that excuse. You hire an entire team ranging from psychiatrists to colonics until you find the right mix that calms poor Teddy down. Then you release the beast when its game time! Hold him together with duct tape if you have to until his eligibility is finished. We don't get that many 5-star players coming through Wichita.

T

Comment

• Totally agree with "Last chance to make a serious change." I'll always wonder what might've been had he been granted the waiver everyone else seems to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

End NEVER justifies the means. A player like that can spoil the team demeanor and effect recruiting for YEARS down the road. NO player, IMO, is worth that.
          1972 has a point; who knows what really happened? Still, there's certainly reason to believe that Teddy may be continuing to battle everything that landed him in Boys Town in the first place. It's too bad that the NCAA denied him the waiver others routinely get, because WSU and Marshall might have been able to get him on the right path; but if not, then maybe it all worked out for the best in the end. I hope Teddy finds his way, but I also trust Marshall's judgment and recognition that no player is bigger than the program -- and especially a program of the stature and quality 3G has built and is continuing to maintain at WSU. We know Marshall didn't make a rash decision to let Teddy go.

If Bill Self took a player with Teddy's history and behavior issues -- which come to think of it, he's probably done a time or two; they just had five stars on their recruiting resumes -- we'd all be snarking at the "win at all costs" mentality afflicting him and his program and fans. And we'd be right.

Comment

• I believe Teddy had multiple violations before he was finally asked to transfer.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Teddy needs basketball. Basketball does not need Teddy.

If the NCAA would have let him play last year under the guidance of someone like HC3GM, _maybe_ he would have had a shot at keeping clean long enough for it to stick. In the juco ranks, its unlikely he will have any meaningful support system from the school/athletic staff.

I'm not blaming the NCAA for Teddy's behavior or current situation, but that was an unfortunate ruling they made.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                And we thought Fridge Holman was out of line for flinging his headband, LOL
                I rember that when it happened. I think it's the only time I have ever witness shocker fans boo one of their own players. Shocker fans we know good sportsmanship when we see it and we also know bad when we see it too Fridge's conduct was wrong that day and the fans let him know it. And yet I read last year that Fridge had finally graduated from college and had gone on to do something positive with his life. He had left his demons behind. This was good news.

​​​​​​I pray and hope that Teddy can overcome his problems too. I pray that someone can enter this guys life and help him to understand that no matter how tough your life has been you don't have to go down the same path. But first he must recognize and accept that HE is responsible for his own conduct. If that recent article is correct than right now Teddy seems out of control and headed in the wrong direction. It's makes me sad to see this. Sigh I always root for the underdog.

Comment

• Fridge didn’t have anywhere near the problems Teddy has.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Illinois State can’t wait to bring him into the fold

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Fridge didn’t have anywhere near the problems Teddy has.
                      Totally agree.

Comment

• Kid has had a rough life. Needs therapy and prayer, not basketball.

Comment

• We may have dodged a bullet; or even a tomahawk cruise missile. I'm praying for Teddy.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Teddy's ejection and the alleged incident with the official was not even mentioned in the hometown Scottsbluff Herald game report. Now whether are not the reporter was even at the game in Sheridan, Wyoming is hard to say. How do you know what to believe for sure?

Hard to believe there isn't more info on this if it really happenned as described in the posted tweet.

There was also no mention of the alleged incident in the Sheridan County Press game report.

I'm withholding judgement at this point absent more substantive confirmation of the facts.
                            Teddy lost it the other night. There is zero question he behaved poorly. From what I've heard he made a gesture at the official pointing after his ejection, but it wasn't as this Twitter account described. The reporting on this incident is completely one sided. A student sat in the front row during the game with a megaphone (yes, a megaphone) and targeted Teddy much of the time with comments such as calling him a, "F****g b***h." A lot of people would have lost their composure in this situation, and the fact that this school allowed it to happen the way it did was a travesty. Teddy still needs to realize he will be a target going forward, and he has a very low margin of error, but what was allowed to happen during that basketball game was unheard of.

It's sad how many on this site took these tweets at face value. I'm glad you didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Fridge didn’t have anywhere near the problems Teddy has.
                              I would challenge you to find 1 or 2 student athletes with the problems that Teddy has. I wish he could spend a few days with Fred.

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post

Teddy lost it the other night. There is zero question he behaved poorly. From what I've heard he made a gesture at the official pointing after his ejection, but it wasn't as this Twitter account described. The reporting on this incident is completely one sided. A student sat in the front row during the game with a megaphone (yes, a megaphone) and targeted Teddy much of the time with comments such as calling him a, "F****g b***h." A lot of people would have lost their composure in this situation, and the fact that this school allowed it to happen the way it did was a travesty. Teddy still needs to realize he will be a target going forward, and he has a very low margin of error, but what was allowed to happen during that basketball game was unheard of.

It's sad how many on this site took these tweets at face value. I'm glad you didn't.
                                That account is hard to believe as well. I can't imagine referees putting up with that from a spectator for more than 2 or 3 seconds. ANY, if not EVERY official would at a minimum seek out their contact during the next dead ball and have them put an end to that nonsense. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X