No announcement yet.

Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's probably a long shot but maybe he can catch on with his little brother in Utah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
      A part of me feels like dismissal was a bit overkill if assault/battery ultimately wasn't involved but at the same time I have to believe 3G is a fair and prudent man and wouldn't dismiss somebody unless he truly felt it was the right thing to do. Must've been really difficult to do this when considering that Teddy was going to be a key factor in this year's success.

I don't think Teddy is a woman beater or thug. I think he just got caught up with relationship drama and alcohol that spiraled a bit out of control. If cooler heads could have prevailed and the situation resolved before police were called, this would have never seen the light of day but it did unfortunately. It's probably true what many have said that there's probably much more to this story and conditions were in place that weren't met with this happening.

He's not a lost cause though. I'll be rooting for him and I hope he has a great redemption story to tell someday.
      People on this board can continue to comment on a situation that none of us really know very much about. No one on here knows Teddy. Teddy is as much of a mystery as we have seen as a Shocker. Yes maybe a few have said hi in passing, but very few people really know him. Not even his coaches and most of the players on the team really know him. His values, what he does when coaches are absent, what he does when his best friends are all that surround him, and what he does when no one is present. Speculation is all we really have and that is probably more unfair to him than fair.

There is no doubt that everyone on here is behind Teddy being a successful person and wishing him our best. Good Luck Teddy

Comment

• wufan
        wufan commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nefarious.

• Chris Herren needs to give Teddy a talk. Tell him how stupid choices can ruin a stellar basketball career. Maybe he needs to hear it from someone it happened to. Granted Herren and Teddy’s situation isn’t the same but still he could use some guidance from someone whom lost it all over stupid choices. I hope teddy can become a success story. Even if it’s not in basketball.
      Shocker Alumni
      Shocker Club Soccer alumni
      Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Forget this Teddy drama .... what about AUSTIN REAVES?!?!! He left us!!!
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• shockrah
          shockrah commented
          Editing a comment
          Both have displayed poor decision making abilities.

• Eric
          Eric commented
          Editing a comment
          Both are zeros in my view.

• I think we have upgraded. Possibly not an upgrade this year, maybe a locker room upgrade this year.

Teddy Buckets strength was hitting shots near the basket. WSU's weakness last year was hitting 3's, allowing defenses to clog the lane, preventing WSU players from hitting shots near the basket.

Bilau can draw defenders away from the basket, which opens up driving lanes for players who might not need to be guarded past the 3-point line.

Teddy failed 3 drug test last year. From what I've picked up, that issue was involved with his leaving WVa.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I assume you have that info on good authority?

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            I figgered

• ShockerFever
            ShockerFever commented
            Editing a comment
            As much authority as saying that everybody was worried for nothing when the Teddy is getting kicked off the team rumors were beginning?

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            Most of us figured there was something else going on or there wouldn't be a solid reason for kicking him off the team.. There was.

I would never post something like that if there was any possibility it might be inaccurate.

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Teddy failed 3 drug test last year. From what I've picked up, that issue was involved with his leaving WVa.
            Wait a minute! So you're telling us there may have been a legitimate reason for Huggy and/or the NCAA to oppose his immediate eligibility?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              I assume you have that info on good authority?
              Probably better than the statement of a girlfriend, that was later retracted, that you wanted to burn him at the stake on the authority of .

Comment

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess you believe the girl's second story

• Just now making the connection that we’ve had two “Allen” transfers in the past couple years that sat a full season and then never played a minute- Peyton and Teddy. Btw, what ever happened to that guy??

Comment

• I’m not going to hate on Teddy because I was excited to see him play and I was impressed with his attitude after all of the s.hitty things that happened with his eligibility. He seemed to really be a cheerleader for the young guys. He deserves our thank you and wish him well. What happened last week was probably nothing more than getting a little too drunk and someone said something stupid and it escalated.

Hopefully he finds a good landing spot (probably a great fit at creighton) and has success moving forward.

Comment

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                Creighton turned him down a year ago

• Safe to say after the Bilau signing that most of us feel much different about the current state of the roster top to bottom than we did a week ago. Good luck to Teddy but the long term talent level did not take a hit.

Comment

• abdullah_sharif
                abdullah_sharif commented
                Editing a comment
                agree... sad to see teddy go, but excited about the future prospects.

• Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 2h2 hours ago More
              • Copy link to Tweet
              • Embed Tweet

I'm hearing that several junior colleges have reached out to former Wichita State player Teddy Allen and that he is likely to go the JUCO route next. If so, then he would have 2 seasons left to play at the Division 1 level starting in the 2020-21 season.

Comment

• Come back Teddy! Third time's a charm.

Conference MVP. Book it!

Nothing wrong with a little Devil's Lettuce to take the edge off. Some people need that stuff to remain civil (obviously I don't partake...).

Read up on Mike Tyson's transformation.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• shockrah
                  shockrah commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Made me chuckle! Thanks!

• Taylor Eldridge
                @tayloreldridge
                1h1 hour ago More

Taylor Eldridge Retweeted Trevor Bentley
                Former Wichita State player Teddy Allen is headed to Western Nebraska Community College for this upcoming season.

Comment

• Wuzee
                  Wuzee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tear it up, Teddy!

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Too bad he could not have found a home just a little closer to Omaha. WNCC is in Scottsbluff that is 450 miles west of Omaha. Wichita is only 300 miles south of Omaha. In any case, I hope Teddy can get his life under control and get an education while finding a good situation for his basketball skills.

• XManCometh
                  XManCometh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Best route for him imo. Get his life on track then maybe D1 will come calling again. Was given numerous chances by two coaches and still screwed up so maybe this will humble him into figuring it out.
              Working...
              X