No announcement yet.

Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meh. Never saw the dude in a Shocker uni, never will. I don’t wish him harm, I don’t wish him well. He is a net zero.

Comment

• I’m just bummed we wasted a year grooming a kid that was such a risk. Lesson learned, I’d rather us pass on these types in the future.

Comment

• There is now room for all of our stud guards to see PT...

1. Burton and Fernandes
        2. Sherfield and Etienne
        3. Dennis and Stevenson
        4. Wade and Gordon
        5. Echenique and Midtgaard + 1

1 scholarship to fill.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
          I am genuinely surprised that WSU and Marshall did the right thing. Most D1 programs would have risked the blowback and kept him on the team.

All I have to say about Teddy at this point - Bye Felicia

It is all water under the bridge at this point but I do wonder why Frankamp was allowed to remain on the team after his arrest for underage drinking and DUI. Maybe Marshall has a little more sympathy for someone that suffers from a drinking problem due to his wife's obvious issues with alcohol abuse.
          Stupid post.

Comment

• Awesome Sauce Malone
            Awesome Sauce Malone commented
            Editing a comment
            Ill tell you what was really stupid about the post. The last part about Frankamp was edited in later. The post was already bad before that but he had to go ahead and go full Monty

• Wonder if people will still be pissed if we land the 6'10 PF with a bunch of P5 offers that is visiting tonight...

Comment

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            That signing would help a lot.

• None of us know the full story but I am quite sure HCGM felt this was a move he had to do for the future or the program. A great many of coaches would do anything to keep a problem athlete if they thought would help them win a few games and not look at the total direction of the program. You could tell that HCGM wanted to help Teddy, but maybe Teddy could not totally understand the needs and reasons. I personally want to be proud of our team and all of the team members. We can all look at the Redbirds and see how much problem athletes have helped that program. In HCGM we trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
            If HCGM is able to fill the open scholarship with a promising 3 or 4 star recruit, all will be well in my world. But I'm with COLD, this situation stinks and to heck with the moral high ground. TA should have been suspended, but dismissal seems overkill to me. However, if TA had a negative attitude, was a sulky little brat during his meeting with HCGM and Boatwrong, then yeah, he needed to be kicked off the team. We'll never know.

We're trying to re-build our winning ways and he could have been a major factor in this. A suspension would have sent a message to him and his teammates and still be effective.
            If this is truly how you feel, maybe you should go be a fan of Illinois State.

Putting the program over moral values is not a good look. The right decision was made and I hope Teddy can find peace in his life.

Comment

• i’m disappointed in how it turned out but thankful for him helping some of the kids this last year. hopefully he’ll get a third chance somewhere. sometimes it takes something like this to right the ship

Comment

• Allen still has a year of juco ball available, doesn't he? Maybe he can go someplace in Nebraska close to his surrogate family at Boys Town, get back on firmer footing and graduate, and then go on to have success somewhere. Best of luck to him.

Comment

• The incident by itself would probably have gotten Teddy a suspension...have to believe that there were additional factors that contributed to Marshall's decision. Hope Teddy can right the ship with another program. Having looked at some of his recent photos, you sense the kid being down for some reason.
                  Last edited by N Crestway; June 20, 2019, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• There's one part of Boatright's statement that pretty much lays out out how this decision was reached.

“Coach (Gregg) Marshall and I met over the weekend to discuss the situation and the time that Teddy has spent within our program,” WSU athletic director Darron Boatright said in a statement. “We came to this decision jointly and agreed that this is best for the program. We wish Teddy well moving forward.”
                    We only know of the incident that made the public record, and that incident doesn't seem to rise to the level of a dismissal in the eyes of some observers. Boatright and Marshall looked at that incident and the rest of teddy's actions while he was at WSU.

I think it's clearly stated that this incident was not the sole criteria for Teddy's dismissal. I'm reading into the statement with this, but if Teddy's other actions indicated this was an isolated incident and he had shown positive behavior the rest of the time at WSU, he'd probably still be with the team. If this incident showed a pattern of breaking rules, disobeying guidelines, and possibly an escalation in severity of offenses, then it was time to part ways.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Crazy that the two best offensive players at last year's Shocker Scrimmage were Teddy Allen and Chance Moore.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        There is now room for all of our stud guards to see PT...

1. Burton and Fernandes
                        2. Sherfield and Etienne
                        3. Dennis and Stevenson
                        4. Wade and Gordon
                        5. Echenique and Midtgaard + 1

1 scholarship to fill.
                        I think that watching the point guard battle unfold for playing time will be fun. There are at least 3-4 players who seem to want it. May the best leader win.

Comment

• A part of me feels like dismissal was a bit overkill if assault/battery ultimately wasn't involved but at the same time I have to believe 3G is a fair and prudent man and wouldn't dismiss somebody unless he truly felt it was the right thing to do. Must've been really difficult to do this when considering that Teddy was going to be a key factor in this year's success.

I don't think Teddy is a woman beater or thug. I think he just got caught up with relationship drama and alcohol that spiraled a bit out of control. If cooler heads could have prevailed and the situation resolved before police were called, this would have never seen the light of day but it did unfortunately. It's probably true what many have said that there's probably much more to this story and conditions were in place that weren't met with this happening.

He's not a lost cause though. I'll be rooting for him and I hope he has a great redemption story to tell someday.

Comment

• Sounds like Teddy is now a kid with no family whatsoever...its going to take time. I think Marshall and the coaching staff will do all they can to find a good next destination.

Comment

Working...
                            X