• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****! ****! ****!

T

...:cool:

Comment

• I don't think there is anyone on this board that didn't want to see Teddy lead this team to an NCAA tournament. It sucks. But I actually think that GM is still looking long term, and letting this slide sets a precedent, and a potential slope that he doesn't want any ways slippery.

I don't think he wants to babysit 18-22 year olds either, which is why Teddy's gone.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• How many road trips did Teddy miss last year? I recall 2 or 3 at least. I think the reasons given at the time were something like he was staying in Wichita to study. I didn't believe that for a moment at the time. Now it seems like there was probably something completely different involved.

Either that or the girl claiming there was no physical violence involved still had the hand marks on her neck when Marshall spoke to her. The "public" version of the incident might be different than the "actual" version.

It's also possible something lighter was proposed and Teddy blew a gasket over being punished. That would get him a quick exit.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess it's also possible that HCGM listened to HCEW and thought, "Geez, I better live up to a pretty high standard!"

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahahahahah! That was awesome!

Touche!

T

• WVU fan here. I kinda held my tongue on this situation until he was off the team because I didn't want my post to look like sour grapes. That being said you guys dodged a huge bullet by ridding your team of Teddy now. He is a complete punk in every sense of the word. Bob Huggins gave him countless chances before finally cutting him loose after pushing one of our veteran assistants and telling him to "suck his ****". This is a kid who would get in arguments with our own fans during games and sit on the bench and cuss them out.

He's always been a troubled kid and we hoped Huggs could straighten him out just like you hoped that GM could do the same. The truth is sometimes a person is just a bad apple and Teddy is one of those people. Hopefully one day he can truly get his life straightened out.

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          What's y'alls return policy? Can we return him and trade him in for James Bolden?

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably easier to unload him now before he leads the team in scoring heading into the conference schedule as well. I don't know about him being a bad apple but he certainly is a slow learner re: consequences.

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Cold, so was OJ.

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        How many road trips did Teddy miss last year? I recall 2 or 3 at least. I think the reasons given at the time were something like he was staying in Wichita to study. I didn't believe that for a moment at the time. Now it seems like there was probably something completely different involved.

Either that or the girl claiming there was no physical violence involved still had the hand marks on her neck when Marshall spoke to her. The "public" version of the incident might be different than the "actual" version.

It's also possible something lighter was proposed and Teddy blew a gasket over being punished. That would get him a quick exit.
        I also recall somewhere that he was tossed out of a practice for goofing around. Am I delusional?

Comment

• RoyalShock
          RoyalShock commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds familiar. I don't think you're delusional.

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I seem to recall Marshall stating something along the lines of being tired of watching his sh!t in practice.

• Good riddance I say. Sounds like we dodged a bullet .

I guarantee there's A LOT more to the story

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
          Too bad for Teddy, but if you can't control yourself around women then I don't want you at this university and on this team.

See ya.

Hope you get the help you desperately need.
          Bet 'ya didn't think that about sherron back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WVUFan1980 View Post
            WVU fan here. I kinda held my tongue on this situation until he was off the team because I didn't want my post to look like sour grapes. That being said you guys dodged a huge bullet by ridding your team of Teddy now. He is a complete punk in every sense of the word. Bob Huggins gave him countless chances before finally cutting him loose after pushing one of our veteran assistants and telling him to "suck his ****". This is a kid who would get in arguments with our own fans during games and sit on the bench and cuss them out.

He's always been a troubled kid and we hoped Huggs could straighten him out just like you hoped that GM could do the same. The truth is sometimes a person is just a bad apple and Teddy is one of those people. Hopefully one day he can truly get his life straightened out.
            No everyone around here is surprised. WSU will be more than alright at the small forward spot.

Comment

• Windiwu
              Windiwu commented
              Editing a comment
              He wasn't at the small forward position but the pf... Talk Rod Brown...

• ShockingButTrue
              ShockingButTrue commented
              Editing a comment
              T. Wade will be the next man up? We'll be alright.

And oh yeah, this opinion states he was gonna be a small FWD: https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...6/#132873716_1 Assuming this guy knows what he's talking about we will have a good replacement, either way.
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; June 18, 2019, 05:04 PM.

• All I know is that my observation of Coach Marshall is that he is a fair man. If he felt it was best that Teddy no longer be apart of the team I am sure there were reasons for that decision. I wish Teddy all the luck. Kids with his history struggle. Hope he continues to get help.

Comment

• Gregg did the right thing by giving TA a second chance.
              Gregg did the right thing holding TA accountable for his failure to keep his nose clean.
              I think many felt there was some risk in taking TA.
              I had questions, certainly unanswered, as to whether he would be a good teammate or one of those who felt he should always come first. I didn't want him to be that talented player who became a distraction and ruined chemistry.
              I'm sorry it didn't work out but the program's reputation, the coach's reputation and the team is more important than wins and loses.
              I hope TA finds a path where he can be successful.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Teddy is not the only person that is learning there are consequences for our actions. All his team mates, all the young fans, all the recruits, all the recruits parents. Marshall can look them all in the eye and say with believable credibility, "I will take good care of your son"

Comment

• I am genuinely surprised that WSU and Marshall did the right thing. Most D1 programs would have risked the blowback and kept him on the team.

All I have to say about Teddy at this point - Bye Felicia

It is all water under the bridge at this point but I do wonder why Frankamp was allowed to remain on the team after his arrest for underage drinking and DUI. Maybe Marshall has a little more sympathy for someone that suffers from a drinking problem due to his wife's obvious issues with alcohol abuse.
                  Last edited by Scott; June 18, 2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                    Shocker Mama commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1. What exactly about Coach’s past would make you surprised that he’d do the right thing?

2. What qualifies you to render a diagnosis concerning Lynn Marshall?

• MikeKennedyRulZ
                    MikeKennedyRulZ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ban this tw@t ASAP! Clearly a jealous beaker fan.

• wichshock65
                    wichshock65 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He sounds more like a douche.

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                  Good riddance I say. Sounds like we dodged a bullet .

I guarantee there's A LOT more to the story
                  More to the story? I don't know this for sure, but I wonder how many drug tests he may have failed. Just a possibility. I heard that this was part of his problem at West Virginia.

Comment

• The NCAA should have free'd Teddy like they've done for all the other opportunistic transferers. Maybe this doesn't happen if he has that outlet. Worst case scenario we make the NCAA's last year before we have to ditch him. The Teddy Experiment was a massive waste of time and money for WSU and we have nothing to show for it.

T

Comment

• shockerfanmas
                      shockerfanmas commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well said Scott. Some people need to pull their heads out and realize there is more to life than winning a stupid game. I'm glad WSU did the right thing.

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    The NCAA should have free'd Teddy like they've done for all the other opportunistic transferers. Maybe this doesn't happen if he has that outlet. Worst case scenario we make the NCAA's last year before we have to ditch him. The Teddy Experiment was a massive waste of time and money for WSU and we have nothing to show for it.

T

I disagree, WSU has proven that they will put their money with their mouth is. Literally, since Teddy could have been a factor in getting in and winning tournament games. WSU has proven that there are things far more important than basketball and that is important when parents are trusting you to take care of their kids for 4 years. As an alum, I am extremely proud that WSU didn't support a punk ass thug and give up their dignity and integrity just to possibly win more games.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Teddy's slate was wiped clean when he signed with the Shockers... otherwise why would he have signed with the Shockers? Teddy wasn't a "punk ass thug" last season as far as the public was concerned. Teddy needed to play. The Shockers needed to keep their NCAA streak alive.

Moral superiority points does nothing for a basketball program's national reputation. It does little for recruiting as well. The kind of players we are dying to sign come from parents that primarily want to see their kid in the NBA. Of course they'll speak differently in interviews.

This whole deal sucks ass.

T

Working...
                  X