No announcement yet.

Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optics wise it's the best choice. But I think there is more there than publicly known

Comment

• Ok...do we bring someone else in on scholarship, or give it to a walk on?

Comment

• Aside from anything else, I am very proud to be a Shocker right now. Whether there was or was not more going on behind the scenes, it would have been very easy to defend the decision to keep Teddy on the team. The vast majority of high-level D1 basketball programs would have kept him (and players who did worse) on the team.

I truly hope the best for Teddy. I am hopeful that he can mature and work through anything he may have going on. But I'm also very glad to support a program that doesn't make me feel guilty for supporting it.

Comment

• shoxlax
          shoxlax commented
          Editing a comment
          Solid post!

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          100% concur...

• I blame Huggy bear... If he would have helped Reddy get cleared... He might have stayed preoccupied and not get into trouble like he did. At the end of the day it's on Teddy... But past mentors didn't exactly go out of their way to help him to the fullest.

Comment

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          and you know this how?

• I'm glad I waited until something official came out on this whole mess because the rumor and speculation was pretty off the charts. It's almost as bad as the "debates" going on with the whole Tyreek Hill debacle.

But let's not lose sight of the fact that we're talking about two people here who will forever be linked by some rather unfortunate actions that the world now knows about because one of the individual's is "famous." I'm disappointed that whatever it is happened and the vast majority of us here on SN are adults who have lived and learned and have done so outside of the public spotlight. Good lord, I'm so happy my stupid ****, and I've done some incredibly stupid ****, isn't out there for all to see and comment on. Teddy and the other individual don't have that luxury and if we've learned anything in the past year about Teddy, we know he has had a pretty shitty upbringing and basketball was his refuge and steadying influence. I had the luxury of growing up in a rather stable household with both my parents and a rather strict Christian upbringing. That certainly had bearing on where I am today.

I feel poorly for the other individual involved in this incident but I really feel poorly for Teddy. I hope for his sake that he finds the right place and influences in his life that get him where he needs to be.

Comment

• I've got six daughters. I don't care what kinda a$$hole behavior they may display, if a guy attacks them verbally or physically, that's wrong.
          I've got two sons. If they did this to a girl, I don't care what kinda a$$hole behavior the girl displayed, it's still wrong.
          Everyone deserves second chances, forgiveness, etc. BUT some behavior has consequences that MUST be accepted if a program is going to have any credibility. WSU is NOT a rehab facility.

Comment

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude, condoms.

• OregonShocker
            OregonShocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, NOW you tell me!

• Taylor Eldgridges Report on the Dismissal:

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...31663528.html?

“Coach (Gregg) Marshall and I met over the weekend to discuss the situation and the time that Teddy has spent within our program,” WSU athletic director Darron Boatright said in a statement. “We came to this decision jointly and agreed that this is best for the program. We wish Teddy well moving forward.”
          “I’m both disappointed and sad, and I’m regretful that I wasn’t able to help Teddy more,” Marshall said in the statement. “I wish Teddy nothing but the best in his future.”
          Allen’s departure opens up a scholarship for WSU to use, although mid-June is extremely late in the recruiting cycle to add a player. Marshall and his staff could look to add a graduate transfer as a stop-gap solution or seek out a diamond-in-the-rough find in the high school senior or junior college ranks. WSU could also choose not to use the scholarship for this upcoming season and save it for its 2020 recruiting class.

I hope Teddy will bounce back from this and still get his life straightened out but I do not feel bad that he was held to account for his back choices and actions.

This creates an opportunity for guys like Trey Wade and Deantoni Gordon to step up and fill this void.

If we don't use the scholarship this year I wonder if that might impact the decision to redshirt Mo or Poor Bear. My guess is no it won't. Mo is the most likely redshirt and he won't be ventuing out to the 4. Poor Bear on the other hand hopefully would be able to fill in at the 4 if needed in addition to be the 3rd guy at the 5.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 18, 2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• DUShock
            DUShock commented
            Editing a comment
            Why would the AD participate in player/roster decisions? Seems odd especially given the disparity in their respective levels of experience.

• Don't agree with blaming the mentors, we don't know what they did or did not do to help the situation. I am in the group that this is probably not the first time, just the first time it was turned in to authorities.

Comment

• Topshock
            Topshock commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems likely given the result.

• The right move. A zero tolerance policy means jack if you start dealing in gray areas, regardless. Sucks for Teddy, but if you want to build a program with high expectations, then you need to let everyone know what those expectations are... along with the consequences.

I'm all for letting kids be kids, to a point. The fact is these kids don't get the leeway other college students get. It's what they sacrafice along with a lot of things in order to get the priveleges associated with being a part of a first class Division I basketball program.

It's what Gregg has built, and his to run however he sees fit.

Best of luck to Teddy. I don't think its personal, its just how it has to be.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• "Welcome to consequences
            - Life"

Comment

• Is this when you go crickets for a couple weeks after being found to be so badly wrong?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• No doubt! This is 100% on Teddy and nobody else. He's 21! At some point the "young man" and finding his way stuff is inexcusable. Hopefully this leads to growth and realization for him and he can still salvage a basketball career and most importantly a good and productive future as a member of society. It sucks for everyone involved but if HCGM feels it is best, then so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                  Ok...do we bring someone else in on scholarship, or give it to a walk on?
                  I think 3G will definitely see if he can uncover a quality late addition. However, I hope he won't just "settle" which I don't think he will. If he decides to hold it until next year or just give it to a walk-on for this season I can live with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Optics wise it's the best choice. But I think there is more there than publicly known
                    Well it says on KWCH he was given a second chance after issues at WVU with a zero tolerance policy. I think that pretty much explains everything.

Sure, the act itself appears to be less than what was previously reported. But he still got arrested. He still got charged with a crime. He put himself in the situation. Zero tolerance. Nuff said.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think 3G will definitely see if he can uncover a quality late addition. However, I hope he won't just "settle" which I don't think he will. If he decides to hold it until next year or just give it to a walk-on for this season I can live with that.
                      I for one hope they pursue Josephat Bilau with the final scholly.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, that looks like it would be a worthwhile get.
                    Working...
                    X