Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    If Teddy ends up only have to pay restitution for the property damage, I still think before he can return to the team, he needs to apology to all the players, to the university, and to all the fans. And even after that, he still would have to deal with Coach Marshall, whether that means being suspended for a few games, or something else.
    What if he’s innocent? Does he still have to do all that?
    Livin the dream

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe 1979Shocker said IF. Obviously,, IF he is not found guilty (our legal system does not typically prove anyone innocent -- verdicts are either guilty or not guilty) the answer would be differently. However, my guess is 3G won't be please that Teddy put himself in this situation regardless of the eventual outcome of the investigation. Clearly, the nature of that outcome can vary greatly and the repercussions for Teddy will vary accordingly.

• wufan
      wufan commented
      Editing a comment
      He said if he only has to do x, then he should also have to do y. Not if he is only found guilty of x then he should also have to do y. Maybe what he meant was different than what he said.

Most recent information from Taylor Eldgridge on Teddy's case: More details emerge in the arrest of Wichita State basketball player

Theodore “Teddy” Allen was arrested at around 3:30 a.m. Thursday in Wichita after a woman in her 20s reported that he had battered her, according to Wichita police reports.

Allen, 21, was booked into Sedgwick County Jail, daily booking reports show. He was later released on $3,500 bond.

On Friday morning, Allen made a first appearance in Wichita Municipal Court. Documents filed in Allen’s case show he has not been charged with domestic battery. Instead, he has been charged with a domestic violence property crime and petty theft, both misdemeanors.

Allen is accused of destroying an iPhone 7 and stealing a set of vehicle and apartment keys, court documents show.

Allen’s arraignment is scheduled for July 29.

Kind of hate it that his arraignment is 7 weeks off. I don't know if there are any options or not for a negotiated settlement with the DA that could shorten this time period. Not sure what Teddy Allen's status with the team is or will be until this is resolved.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
      1979Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the DA a Shocker fan?

He shouldn't receive any preferential treatment and the DA office shouldn't be receiving any special hurry up requests.

Comment

No preferential treatment. Need to separate out the local celebrity from the incident and treat this 100% on an as is basis. Guilty = punishment. Innocent = exoneration. If punishment we move on with or without Teddy based on HCGMs best judgement.
      Livin the dream

Comment

But is it possible for Teddy to take a plea, assuming he is willing to do that. In exchange for an agreed upon punishment? DA's do plea bargains all the time although I don't know if that fits here. Perhaps that has to be done at the arraignment hearing.

Comment

From Kake's Facebook page. Sorry, not sure best way to upload photo, but it's the victim's statement.
          Attached Files

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            A very well-written statement. Almost sounds like she was made an offer she couldn't refuse...

T

...:cool:

My guess, Teddy gets suspended 2-4 games. Her statement pretty much clears it up. Two young people, under the influence of alcohol, behaving like junior high schoolers. I doubt this will even go to court.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
            From Kake's Facebook page. Sorry, not sure best way to upload photo, but it's the victim's statement.
            Ok. Get 'em ready for summer scrimmage's. Move on...
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; June 15, 2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Wait. Where are you guys putting your pitchforks? We may need them again in case someone takes the last hotdog at the movies.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                Nm

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
              My guess, Teddy gets suspended 2-4 games. Her statement pretty much clears it up. Two young people, under the influence of alcohol, behaving like junior high schoolers. I doubt this will even go to court.
              It is not up to the victim whether or not domestic violence charges are brought. I would be shocked if these charges are dropped by the state. A plea bargain is most likely IMO.

What about the 911 call that stated there was choking? Not cool.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• shoxtop
                shoxtop commented
                Editing a comment
                Completely agree. Very not cool to allege things that may or may not have happened because you are upset. I try to give the victim the benefit of the doubt even given several times I have personally seen the victim lie, but are you going to tell me you’re more likely to believe her story when she was enraged and admittedly drunk than her story now? I suppose I’m just jaded from past experiences

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                Just playing devil's advocate, but what good would come of pressing charges when the "victim" publicly says there was not. Where's their leverage for a plea bargain outside of him taking a couple of classes on proper behavior? What she said under the influence with the call is really weak. Besides, he hasn't even been charged outside of the phone and keys and her statement might be the reason why.

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe it was reported that the “choking” cane from the roommate.

I bet GM is livid. Given his story coming I'd think he's on thin ice getting caught drinking.

Comment

• BostonWu
                BostonWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Nm

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                All Shocker basketball players drink, even the world champions...

T

...:cool:

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              I bet GM is livid. Given his story coming I'd think he's on thin ice getting caught drinking.
              You think Teddy is the only player drinking on the team?

Comment

• SB Shock
                SB Shock commented
                Editing a comment
                You said

I'd think he's on thin ice getting caught drinking.
                If he broke specific expectations then I think we would already see some type of consequences. It clear as more information comes out this is not a story.

• BostonWu
                BostonWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Why would we already hear of consequences? This is an internal team matter that I have full confidence that GM will handle outside of the public view. Given his much acknowledged story and background I'm just a little concerned this is a possible red flag of past habits repeating themselves. I'm not saying he should be kicked off the team but if you think his support network isn't concerned then we'll just have to disagree.

• SB Shock
                SB Shock commented
                Editing a comment
                Come on - we have seen the model of how this is handled by teams like KU or the Redbirds. They release a statement that this will be handled internally in the program. There might even be a suspension of exhibition or no-name game.

If WSU believed the initial reports that he committed DV and beat up a women he would not be on the team. As each day passes there is less and less there to the story.

Time to move on, nothing to see here. This won’t matter in 4 months, guarantee.
              Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Nothing burger. I now stand even more firmly by my, “Far less worse than a DUI,” comment.

Cant wait to see Teddy play.

Comment

If the young lady is now denying that battery took place...probably means that Teddy remains on the team.

Comment

Working...
                  X