No announcement yet.

Teddy Buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite possibly a blessing in disguise. Time will tell.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Sometimes you take the risk and it pays off; Sometimes it doesn't.

If he is gone, I hope there is still time to add someone worthy to the roster.
      The Assman

Comment

This does not sound good, but also might end up being minor stuff in the end. These are three misdemeanor charges. Slapping a person or pushing them constitutes domestic abuse in KS. Not that I am saying that is OK, I am just saying this could easily end up being on the minor scale in the end. There is thankfully no mention of anybody needing to go the hospital for injuries. I would not be the least surprised if GM suspends him from the team in the near term. I would also not be surprised if he is back with the team eventually if these charges end up getting reduced or dropped.

Comment

• shockerfanmas
          shockerfanmas commented
          Editing a comment
          Slapping or pushing is still DV and can lead to worse. No place for it in the world.

Wow, so disappointing.

Comment

Dang. So disappointing. Once all the facts are out and the dust settles, I have faith that HCGM will do the right thing (whatever that might be). If it means he gone, then so be it. Shocker basketball will survive and thrive.

Comment

We'll see how this plays out, but I am not optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
              This does not sound good, but also might end up being minor stuff in the end. These are three misdemeanor charges. Slapping a person or pushing them constitutes domestic abuse in KS. Not that I am saying that is OK, I am just saying this could easily end up being on the minor scale in the end. There is thankfully no mention of anybody needing to go the hospital for injuries. I would not be the least surprised if GM suspends him from the team in the near term. I would also not be surprised if he is back with the team eventually if these charges end up getting reduced or dropped.
              Slapping or pushing your lady may be a misdemeanor crime, but not indicative of the kind of person we want representing the University. If true, I don't really see a way forward with Teddy as part of the team. Doesn't mean you give up on him as a person.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Gregg will get the facts. We will hear the facts and hopefully the right decisions will be made.

Nothing good either way.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

There's never been a case in the history of mankind where a woman made up a story when she was mad...

The facts will come out.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sounds like he grabbed her and damaged her phone(per kake news). If that is truly the extent of this then a suspension and whatever cruel things coaches do to players behind closed doors when they screw up is as far as this should go.

Comment

• pinstripers
                          pinstripers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Really?

• Horn28Clem30
                          Horn28Clem30 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If that's all it was, charges dropped, buy her a new phone and move along. That's borderline nothing imo...

• shockerfanmas
                          shockerfanmas commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Borderline nothing until the next time it happens and she ends up bloodied and bruised.

A big dude like Teddy is NOT getting the benefit of the doubt when the Popo's called. The cops won't take a chance leaving and then things getting worse.

If you get in a fight with your old lady, just grab the keys and go for a drive until you cool off. You can commit assault without even touching her. And if she's particularly spiteful with a penchant for skullduggery... GTFO quick.

Had a gym buddy of mine go through a nightmare incident that landed him in jail (no toilet paper for 24 hrs). They got into an argument, said some ****, tossed a soda, and he went to the pokey for nearly 4 days... all charges vanished after that as they were bogus. The free vacation in the clink leaving an indelible mark in his brain did not however...

T

Comment

Originally posted by 1989 View Post
                          Sounds like he grabbed her and damaged her phone(per kake news). If that is truly the extent of this then a suspension and whatever cruel things coaches do to players behind closed doors when they screw up is as far as this should go.
                          The woman also reported that Teddy "battered" her, which brings a charge of domestic violence. So if true, Teddy is looking at jail time and a court case. His basketball career is probably over if that's true. At least at Wichita State.

Some of you guys are being really lenient on him just because he's a Shocker. And some of these comments blaming the woman and already calling her a liar really show some of your true colors in regards to domestic violence. I'm glad I don't know some of you in person if you're this flippant when a woman claims a man beat her.

I honestly don't want a guy on the team who can't control himself around women to the point where the cops need to be called. Something happened there at 3am and it wasn't something to just shrug off by making him run stairs for 2 hours.

Comment

• Windiwu
                            Windiwu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think you are counting him guilty until proven innocent? I AM female and I still feel sorry in this day and age that if a woman says something the man is always counted guilty.

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I love you Windi! You are a real woman. You likely have a son as well.

Anybody with an ounce of sanity and compassion hopes that no woman is ever abused.

But the reality is, the system can be gamed. And those susceptible to public smears are even more at risk from a scorned partner. If she has marks on her body then Teddy gets punished. If she is just frightened because Teddy is an arsehole, then she needs to get a PFA. Problem solved for both parties.

T

• shockerfanmas
                            shockerfanmas commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Could not have said it better myself XMan. Not the type of person I want on the team either.

gotta leave those white girls alone teddy! review this with the quickness bro.

Comment

Working...
                          X