In the history of Shocker athletes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the history of Shocker athletes...

....does anything top Fred’s championship?

nothing comes to mind...

Joe Carter’s maybe.

Comment

Agree, Joe provided a pretty dramatic ending to a world championship and was a star of that team.

Comment

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• kcshocker11
          kcshocker11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Someones number should be hanging in the rafters!

• B1ShockFan
          B1ShockFan commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree Fred's number should be hanging in the rafters but not necessarily for his NBA success but for what he did for WSU and Ron's should be hanging next to Fred's. That duo moved WSU to a new level.

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Someone's number will be hanging in the rafters, but it will take time and might not happen until he retires.

What Aliphine Tuliamuk has achieved in her still short professional career is stunning:

Interesting video ... jump to the 4:45 mark, as the winning runner rounds the corner. But watch the second girl come around the corner -- she starts her sprint but takes a wrong turn. Ouch! Thinking if second place doesn't make a wrong turn, she would have won. The women in third is Aliphine.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          She won 3 championships in a single year, then turned around and won 4 the following year! My gosh.

Toronto no doubt finds Wichita State Shocker alums to their liking:

https://twitter.com/GoShockers/statu...78422152376321

Comment

I forgot Joe... did not know the other story!!

Comment

Paul Wight, WWE Champion...

Comment

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              lolz

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            Somebody with photoshop skilz needs to attach one very large NBA Championship ring on one hand and a WSU ring on the other hand.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

NIT final four.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Also have to point out that Ross McBurney won 3 national championships, post college!
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't get me started on that travesty; a well documented wrong that needs to be righted. Ross’s jersey should be hanging with Fred’s and all the other greats. Ross and I go way back. We used to cruise for Bearcats (a lively, spirited woman, possibly with a fiery streak) in the late 20’s... sometimes looking for a cancelled stamp (a shy, lonely female, the type one would describe as a “wallflower”). Ross had to fight ‘em off with a stick... he was a bimbo (macho man) and loved bubs (boobs)... don’t we all? I’m sending another email to Floatright. This needs to happen soon, because my days are numbered. 3, 2, 1... “beer is good and people are crazy”. :)

Working...
              X