Summer Scrimmage reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Summer scrimmage reports usta be the best thing about this board.
    Now their are highlight vids of all the kids before they hit puberty.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Bingo!

Sorry to be off subject, but I thought this message board was about basketball. Why do the moderators allow somebody like fangfangfang2 to join this board and post items about items that look like nothing but television advertisements. I didn't view any of his posts because I seriously doubt they are about shocker basketball. It's bad enough you get ads on everything on the internet now, but I hope our moderators end this nonsense . Go shocks.

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      The mods might want to check into the “High Strength Thread Locker”... :)

If the title of this thread intrigues you feel free to PM me.

Comment

• Wuzee
      Wuzee commented
      Editing a comment
      Then post what he tells you here, paraphrased and prefaced with the smokescreen line "So I had this weird dream about Shocker Basketball last night, and in it ..."

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      If I missed anyone please let me know.

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      I could use a PM!

https://media.giphy.com/media/SVz8HyYrXdJyE/giphy.gif

Has anyone seen what the shockers look like after summer workouts? The only one I have seen is E. Stevenson. He definitely lost the weight he was shooting for.

Comment

Is it OCD when someone checks SN 11 times a day or is it desperate attempt for any news about the Shocks? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Tell your friend, it's perfectly normal, and perfectly healthy.

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm no doctor, but it may be Yellow Fever.

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely not OCD. Coming from a family afflicted/blessed (it can cut both ways) with OCD you have a ways to go. Like maybe 12 times a day. Not that I am necessarily admitting to that.

Whatever that disease is, it has already spread to Southern California .

Comment

...it's here in Arizona already too!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Iowa as well!

Comment

SN is the only think I check more often than the markets. I hope the Shockers do as well as my investments have done so far this year -FF

Comment

• I am not embarrassed or afraid to admit that I have yellow fever.:p

Comment

• Yellow Fever has spread to Joklahoma!
                Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Should we see a doctor if it lasts more than 4 hours?
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• As I see it, we really only have two knowns going into this season: 1) Jaime Echenique is effective and efficient on offense and also a good defender, and 2) Dexter Dennis is an efficient 3 point shooter and excellent defender

Early on, teams will be focusing their attention on these two players. We need consistent scoring and distribution from the point guard position, we need our SG to be a serious scoring threat from 3 and we need help in the post from the 4 spot, preferably a guy that can stretch the floor on offense. We have potential to fill these holes, but the guys we will rely on need to improve their games from last year. The good news is that the biggest improvement are usually made from year 1 to year 2. I’m expecting big jumps mostly from Burton and Stevenson. We also need better slashing to the basket from Dexter. If we can have a pleasant surprise from any of the others it will make us an NCAA Tourney contender.

Comment

• ShockerPrez
                      ShockerPrez commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If they can finish from 2 feet, we will go undefeated.

• I feel that our backcourt will be a strength, whether that is Burton and Stevenson with the freshman off the bench, or some combination of freshman and/or sophomore starters. How much of a strength that will be, is yet to be seen.

I’m still concerned about the 4. Need hustle and defense from that position and we will be good.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      I feel that our backcourt will be a strength, whether that is Burton and Stevenson with the freshman off the bench, or some combination of freshman and/or sophomore starters. How much of a strength that will be, is yet to be seen.

I’m still concerned about the 4. Need hustle and defense from that position and we will be good.
                      Just an optimist’s view:

Not disputing the strength of the backcourt. But I think we should be seeing a much improved frontcourt as well.

Jaime was playing hurt last year, and is going to be much more mobile and active. I think he improves every stat line this season, and becomes an elite rim protector.

Poor Bear has cut up his body, and the weight loss and resultant increase in quickness makes him a legit option at the 4 if we need to go big. The question with him is his recognition and desire on D, which I think has to at least be better than last year. We already know he’s got the offense, so I’m less worried about the size problem at the 4 than some.

Asbjorn has already been singled out by Marshall as having made a jump. He’ll be a force inside as well.

For these reasons, I don’t see Joshaphat and Deantoni playing large roles this year. They can sit back and learn and adjust their games with an eye toward 2020-21.

I’m pretty much freaking psyched for this campaign. We’ll be a threat from day 1 with huge upside and even brighter days ahead. Let’s do this!
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                      X