No announcement yet.

Summer Scrimmage reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, at best, in 12 years we have 1, Shaq Morris.

Even if I concede that one, I'd still choose to not do it as a rule to get the other 10 back.

Comment

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      Explain your point again, please

• Cdizzle
      Cdizzle commented
      Editing a comment
      Redshirting for non-injuries is a waste of a scholarship year. Both for school and player. If you aren't going to get it in 4, you aren't going to get it in 5.

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    So, at best, in 12 years we have 1, Shaq Morris.

Even if I concede that one, I'd still choose to not do it as a rule to get the other 10 back.
    The other 10 back? Let’s take a look at our most recent RS: Rod Brown. He was on the bench two years, one as a RS and one as a seldom used reserve. You believe it would have been better to be a never used reserve as a freshman behind Willis and McDuffie, and then a seldom used reserve sophomore. Makes no sense.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Cdizzle
      Cdizzle commented
      Editing a comment
      Would it have been worse? Certainly would have saved him a year of eligibility. Brown is a decent example. What's the point of the redshirt?

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Cdizzle, you make a couple of arguments that I don't believe to be true.

If a player doesn't get it in 4, he won't get it in 5. Does this suppose no improvement? For argument's sake, let's assume a player RSs as a freshman because he has great potential, but is rough around the edges and you don't want to possibly lose him by stashing him in a prep and you want him practicing against college level players. You also have a Jr/Sr starter ahead of him. As a RS freshman, there is a good chance with that rough potential, he would be playing the level of sophomore (or better) as a RS freshman. I'll leave the judgement of the individual's level of play to those getting paid the big bucks.

Also, most players improve from year to year unless they top out. Some, however, have high ceilings, but lack refinement. Other than your handful of top programs, most players for other teams, even starters, won't be leaving for the draft as a Jr. Do I want that player as a "behind" Fr/Sr for four years or as a RS Fr/RS Sr who will be better all 4 years that he plays? Again, that's a judgement call by the coach.

Obviously, a redshirt is not for everyone and is a special case, probably under special circumstances (balancing classes out better). I just don't think one can rule out doing it, particularly big men, players not physically ready but skilled, or high potential that may not have been tapped into enough where a person played HS ball.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      I hope Noah Fernandez and Tre Wade continue to gain weight. I hope Jamie E. has recovered from his foot injury and improved his conditioning. I hope Dexter D. has improved his handle. I hope all the shock players meet their Kerry Rosenboom and Coach Marshall goals. I hope they all continue to compete. I hope.

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        "I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."
        It doesn't get much better than that. "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things..."

I hope too...

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, hope is a good thing and so is redemption. I hope our hopes result in some of that.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 15, 2019, 04:49 PM.

• 60Shock
        60Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you're right.

I will wrap it all up for you. I hope we win the Big Dance. I am ok with the smaller Dance too.

Comment

1 hour ago

@WstateU posted: "I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."
        It doesn't get much better than that. "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things..."

1972Shocker posted: "Yes, hope is a good thing and so is redemption. I hope our hope resuts in some of that."

Comment

Comment

n1wqdt-10035621wdurian0304hope1binary489540.jpg?w=620.jpg
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              What does President Ford have to do with anything?

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              One of my Dad's favorite stories was of singing quartet music with Bob, and Bing, and Jerry Colona in the mess hall prior to one of Bob's shows during WWII

• N Crestway
              N Crestway commented
              Editing a comment
              My pap, while singing in Army Special Service shows, got called "baldy" repeatedly by Milton Berle...he never quite got over it. Doubt if a classy entertainer like Hope or Crosby would have ever even considered that.

"Nobody else would do this much for charity."

"Bob hope would."

"That's true."

"Rocky, you better call Bob Hope."
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              ??

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              From Rocky III:

[Thunderlips makes his entrance into the arena]
              Mickey: Let's get outta here.
              Rocky: Aw, c'mon, Mick. It's for charity.
              Mickey: You're wearin' your anatomy out for charity. Nobody else does this much for charity.
              Rocky: Bob Hope would.
              Mickey: [pauses] That's true.
              [Thunderlips enters the ring]
              Paulie: Rocky, you better call Bob Hope.

Is it just me, or are we lacking in summer scrimmage reports this year?

Please don't get me wrong, what we did get from posters was great! Just not as much as before, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
              Is it just me, or are we lacking in summer scrimmage reports this year?

Please don't get me wrong, what we did get from posters was great! Just not as much as before, no?
              You are not wrong. This summer we hardly got anything.

Comment

Are the players not posting anything on social media? Normally, they would have something to say about how their summer is going. Maybe they aren't allowed to, but I wouldn't think that would be the case.

Comment

I’m thinking the ones that did post about the scrimmages either found jobs or got too old to drive and or forgot what they saw. Short term memory loss is a *****. Just ask JJ

Comment

Summer scrimmage reports usta be the best thing about this board.

Comment

Pretty quiet off season this year. But I guess no news is better than bad news. Knock on wood. #takeAAC

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very true, CS. For those of us looking ahead to football who have seen starters on our favorite teams go out with probable season ending injuries during training camp, I can assure that no news regarding such players would have been better than what we've received.
                    Working...
                    X