Summer Scrimmage reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Scrimmage reports

This is a plea to Taylor Eldridge and any posters who have access!

it's four months until October practises, and we're desparate for news of summer scrimmages.
    how are the new guys doing, are our sophomores continuing their development, and what's team chemistry looking like?
    those of us who live far from Doodah rely on you.
    Dominance is a state of mind.

Trey Wade looks like a big factor next year. All are in town except Noah who gets here next week

Comment

Games are hit and miss now with Girls Team camp going on.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Trey Wade looks like a big factor next year. All are in town except Noah who gets here next week
        You got a scouting report?
        Livin the dream

Comment

Those infernal camps.......

I'll commence attempting to sneak a peek very soon. Expect a non-whitewashed but very hyperbolic report as usual.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

You got a scouting report?
            No actually I don’t. Just a reliable source. That’s what I’m telling you-the camps have been going on whenever I’ve tried to watch. Rest assured Cold there will be no internal secrets-I will produce once I am able to watch

Comment

Anxious to see who will be able to help at point. I expect greatness from the new kids

Comment

I expect rawness from the new kids.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sometimes rawness turns into greatness fairly quickly, sometimes not. These are more highly regarded recruits than almost any in 3G's tenure so far, so we'll see how it goes.

Luckily, there are also a whole bunch of guys around who showed rawness early last season and progressed to goodness by tournament time. Maybe if their goodness continues to develop toward greatness, goodness from the new kids will be sufficient for a noteworthy season.

I expect to be climaxing all over my keyboard regarding Dexter's physique and aggressiveness.

T

Comment

• Awesome Sauce Malone
                  Awesome Sauce Malone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Will you let him know he needs to be thankful for not being water hosed anymore?

• Wuzee
                  Wuzee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ruprecht? Do you want the genital cuff?

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe I should have said "via" my keyboard. Oh well...

T

WuShock Reaper now that was funny

Comment

I care how much strength said player has added. I really hope they're in the gym making baskets this summer. No reason to NOT be an 80% ft shooter. No reason to NOT be a 38-42% 3 ball shooter even from new distance. No reason NOT to be a better passer or ball handler. The SHockers have employed the talents of many different players, some of which had physiques that make them look like world beaters, but then they go and try and shoot the basketball or pass the ball to a teammate, and the fans shuddered.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
                    I really hope they're in the gym making baskets this summer. No reason to NOT be an 80% ft shooter. No reason to NOT be a 38-42% 3 ball shooter even from new distance.
                    I agree with the sentiment of this post. But if these statements are true, I'm going to start making travel arrangements to Atlanta. I don't think it's quite that easy.

Atlanta. Interesting. Where have I seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I agree with the sentiment of this post. But if these statements are true, I'm going to start making travel arrangements to Atlanta. I don't think it's quite that easy.
                      I never said it is easy. Shooters should be MAKING at least 300 shots per day. Bare minimum. Don't have anyone to rebound for you. No problem. Turn it into an aerobic exercise. Every made shot from beyond the 3 ball line nets 1 point - start at the top of the key. If you miss, and FAIL to rebound the ball before it touches the ground inside the arc, subtract 3 points. Get to 100 points. Cool down for 5 minutes, get a drink, and then go again. Should take about 20-30 minutes. I've only been doing this exercise for about 35 years. Both of my kids LOVE the aerobic nature of it as well. We used to make a game of it when they were younger and doing this from the free throw line, but it just goes by too damn fast. First one back to the line gets to shoot. Again, ball cannot touch the ground on a missed shot or you subtract 3 points. My daughter is a junior at WSU and was out doing this exercise last Saturday morning before she went to the Y to lift weights.

Funny story, I coached exactly one year of Y basketball - young kids, don't recall the age, probably 8 or 9. I taught the kids this exercise day 1 of practice. The kids were completely unorganized and lacked the athletic ability and coordination to rebound the ball before it could touch the ground. But I told them to go home and try it. Practice. Try and make 5 points from a line in your driveway. If you can get to 5, try for 10. Ball never touches the ground on a shot. I think we had 2-3 weeks of practice before the first actual game, and some of the kids kind of got the hang of it - in theory anyway. The point was, there is no such thing as one shot in basketball. So first game comes. I told the kids, remember, there's no such thing as one shot in the game of basketball. I don't think we got one rebound off a missed shot before it hit the ground. If anyone did, it probably bumbled out of their hands into someone else's hands. However, we were leading 22-2 at halftime. I don't recall the final score, but it was not good for the other team. I got called in to the Y offices and was asked not to coach kids to do that anymore - true story. Now ask me about my AYSO Coaching days and you get a similar story.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge story about what the guys are working on with Kerry R.

Comment

Last year, all the rage was about the strength and NBA-ready body of Dexter and how he was the most developed player yet in the Marshall era. And with this report, we now read that Tyson is a beast and has a physique that needs very little improvement from KR. Man, I am so excited for this next batch of recruits to get out on the court.

Hell, I'm even more excited now for the future of the program knowing that many youngsters are so much more aware of 3G and how he develops athletes with Fred's recent exposure on the national stage. Good grief, all of the free advertising Wichita State got over the past couple of weeks is nothing short of amazing and I suspect Gregg's recruiting job just got easier (or tougher, depending upon how one views the added workload of weeding out all the calls from high school and AAU coaches he's going to be getting).

Comment

Working...
                          X