No announcement yet.

Summer Scrimmage reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It really does depend on Josephat, Isaiah, and DeAntoni. An ideal situation would have two of those three combining for 20 mpg this year.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Interesting to compare the recently updated roster weights of the returning players (no update on the new guys) with the Rosenboom article from this summer regarding target weights.
      • Only three of the seven returners were close to or exceeded goals.
      • Dennis is the most surprising, losing 10 lbs despite a weight gain goal. Not sure how that translates to his time at the 4, if any.
      • With Burton, it's possible the weight gain -- after an aggressive weight loss goal -- indicates a change in approach. It may indicate he's going to see more time at forward positions this season.
      • Surprised to see Chandler's weight gain, which is 21 lbs away from his target, but I can tell you from seeing him that he's lost his baby fat and is cut up pretty good.
      • Echenique at 10 pounds lighter can be an all-league level player.
      Player 2018-19 Target 2019-20
      Dennis 208 212 198 (14)
      Echenique 258 255 248 (7)
      Burton 208 195 210 (17)
      Midtgaard 268 265 275 (10)
      Chandler 265 250 271 (21)
      Stevenson 210 200 202 (2)
      Udeze 254 NA but "less" 251
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        nm

• Mitgaard, Chandler and Burton did not need to get heavier. This is not gonna help us.

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        No way Burton shows up out of shape. If he put on any weight, it's positive weight, imho.

• You'd never know Midtgaard put on weight. He is mobile and looks very good. Jamie looks fantastic. I would be stunned if we don't see those 2 on the court at the same time on more than just the odd occasion, but you never know until it happens.

Comment

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        NM

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd be stunned if we did on more than just the odd occasion but it wouldn't be the first time.

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      It really does depend on Josephat, Isaiah, and DeAntoni. An ideal situation would have two of those three combining for 20 mpg this year.
      Yeah, but that is really optimistic

Comment

• wufan
        wufan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I don’t think that will be the case.

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
      Interesting to compare the recently updated roster weights of the returning players (no update on the new guys) with the Rosenboom article from this summer regarding target weights.
      • Only three of the seven returners were close to or exceeded goals.
      • Dennis is the most surprising, losing 10 lbs despite a weight gain goal. Not sure how that translates to his time at the 4, if any.
      • With Burton, it's possible the weight gain -- after an aggressive weight loss goal -- indicates a change in approach. It may indicate he's going to see more time at forward positions this season.
      • Surprised to see Chandler's weight gain, which is 21 lbs away from his target, but I can tell you from seeing him that he's lost his baby fat and is cut up pretty good.
      • Echenique at 10 pounds lighter can be an all-league level player.
      Player 2018-19 Target 2019-20
      Dennis 208 212 198 (14)
      Echenique 258 255 248 (7)
      Burton 208 195 210 (17)
      Midtgaard 268 265 275 (10)
      Chandler 265 250 271 (21)
      Stevenson 210 200 202 (2)
      Udeze 254 NA but "less" 251
      I'm dubious that those listed weights are gospel
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Wuzee
        Wuzee commented
        Editing a comment
        OK then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      You'd never know Midtgaard put on weight. He is mobile and looks very good. Jamie looks fantastic. I would be stunned if we don't see those 2 on the court at the same time on more than just the odd occasion, but you never know until it happens.
      Man! After reading your post it looks like you have seen some of the guys play. Don't tease me. That's not fair. I have to wait until the scrimage.

:tyrone:

Comment

• Etienne is going to play. I know that much.

(Not that that's earth-shattering news for anyone here).
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I can't wait for 10/5 as I am excited to see/evaluate TE, GS, NF, AG, Bilau and Busse, as well as, the health of our
          big guys. Hope it's a longer scrimmage than we have had in the past without all the side shows.

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Common, I was hoping to see Greg "The Hitman" Williams MC the scrimmage...

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          Etienne is going to play. I know that much.

(Not that that's earth-shattering news for anyone here).
          Nm
          Livin the dream

Comment

• https://goshockers.com/news/2019/9/2...mer-hours.aspx

" ... Wichita State's big men should match up with almost any in the nation. They are large and numerous, numerous enough that Marshall mentioned redshirting one of his big men.

Echenique and Midtgaard improved throughout last season and both played well in the NIT in the post. Returners such as Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler and Morris Udeze, now healthy after missing part of last season with a shoulder injury, are also in the picture. ..."

I think many of us were expecting Morris to be the redshirt. But if he's healthy he's another option at the 4.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• pinstripers
              pinstripers commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't see that at all

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree pin. From everything I've seen, Mo is a 5, end of story. IPBC, as a big man, has many more tools to be able to play the 4. With Wade, Gordon, Bilua, and Dennis as 4s or able to play the 4 is another reason I wouldn't expect Mo at the 4. That's not to say Gordon or Bilua may be more likely to RS than Udeze, but it is mostly dependent on Mo being game shape ready more than it is to say he's "now healthy". My understanding was that in the late summer there were still things, on and off the court, Mo was not yet doing.

• wufan
              wufan commented
              Editing a comment
              A healthy Udeze means that maybe IPBC or JE can play the 4.
          Working...
          X