X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off-Season Player News

ES write up

Andy Katz’ JB props

Ja Morant won the 2018-19 Bob Cousy Award, given to the nation's top point guard, but he won't be back to defend his title. Here's a few contenders for next season's trophy.

(courtesy of TE tweet)

Comment

Comment

Need some summer practice scouting reports!
        Livin the dream

Comment

Looks like Tyson is wearing some 1980 shorts. I am not keeping up. Are these kinda shorts coming back?

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            SHJ’s hand me downs

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
          Looks like Tyson is wearing some 1980 shorts. I am not keeping up. Are these kinda shorts coming back?
          They went out of style???

Comment

Here's a huge update on alumni going back as far as Gal Mekel

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Keep in mind when reading some of these stats that pro basketball around the world has some funky rules regarding "imports". I remember Garrett Stutz telling me that a team he was on was only allowed so many quarters per game for "imports" and that he almost always would play just 2 quarters even if he was their leading scorer. I'm sure each league is different, but it wouldn't surprise me if many of these guys aren't allowed to play for an entire quarter, for instance, in each game....maybe 2.

This kid is going to be an important part of the young guard rotation next season, and beyond. Good young talent in the back court (and front court).

Comment

Drove his car from the South Sound to Wichita. That is a long, long, drive. Not for mere mortals.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                got a better car than I did back then

I saw that Andy Katz has Teddy #20 on his Erving award list.

Comment

• Windiwu
                Windiwu commented
                Editing a comment
                He and Precious Achiuwa are the only two listed for the American. 'Good day to be a Shocker'.

Teddy appears taller in this pic

Comment

• im4wsu
                im4wsu commented
                Editing a comment
                The right side of the floor is higher than the left.

• wufan
                wufan commented
                Editing a comment
                Also, Teddy is standing on the decal with his left foot and right heal. Adds at least 3/4”.

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                I though maybe Mo was just getting in a power nap.

Good photo. It looks to me that MU looks like he has lost a few pounds.

Comment

Doesn't really fit here - it's previous player stuff.

I ran into a friend who played for Emporia State back when they regularly played against WSU.

My friend is Art Bloomer (Brig. Gen. USMC - retired) He played against Cleo Littleton and was invited to a meet and greet with some former Shockers. He was there with Littleton, X-Man, Aubrey Sherrod, Cheese Johnson, and Rashard Kelly. I didn't have time to get a lot of details, but all those guys are in town to do a community project. Carr was an invited guest, but hadn't shown up yet when the group had their first meeting.

He says Littleton is using a cane, but is still getting around pretty well. McDaniel is a BIG man!

Bloomer got a half-time intro and on-court appearance in honor of his service to the country at a game last season. During the Nam event he was a Marine General in a flight group. His rule was that when he sent his guys into a fight, he would be in the plane in the front of the group.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Taylor Eldgridge: What are the Shockers up to this summer? Here’s what each WSU basketball player is working on

All players except freshman Noah Fernandes (who is scheduled to arrive Monday) have been on campus since June 3.

The practice gym at Koch Arena is currently being remodeled and with team basketball camps ongoing on the main court, practice time has been limited for the players.

But one thing that hasn’t been affected has been the strength-and-conditioning plan for each of the players.

Taylor take a brief look at what the strength and condition plans are for the other 12 scholarship guys are working on. Unfortunately, Teddy Allen is at the bottom of the list and basically Taylor is essentially reporting that Taylor has been working on extra-curricular activities that have put his status with the team in limbo. How low do you go I guess is the question for Teddy.

Otherwise it is pretty interested reading. Here is my summation:

Jamarius Burton: Strong and lead. Targeting a playing weight at 195, down from 210 last year. Working on quickness and jumping ability.

Dexter Dennis: Target weight of 212-215, up 7-10 pounds from last year. Working on core strength and flexibility.

Jaime Echineque: Target weight 255. Same as last year. No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 goals for Jaime are conditioning, conditioning, conditioning.

Tyson Etienne: Most college ready body in 3G's tenure. Focusing on flexibility.

Deantoni Gordon: Arrived at 6-8, 200. Would like to get him as close to 2256 as possible by start of season. Focusing on getting stronger.

Asbjorn Midtgaard: Target weight 265. Down 7-10 poinds from last year and down 17 lbs. from the 282 when he arrived at WSU. Trying to thin out his legs to improve stamina, aglility and jumping (6-8 inches higher) with the biggest focus on lateral quickness.

Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler: Kerry taking at as a personal challenge to transform Poor Bear. He wants to get him to a lean and mean 250 lbs. down from 265 last year and the 274 he weighed when he arrived at WSU. Wants him more explosive and athletic.

Grant Sherfield: Came in at 197 and wants to play at that weight. Kerry agrees but he want his body to carry that weight differently. Basically, wanting to get him stronger, leaner and more athletic. He's the right weight but needs to change his body (similar to Fred Van Vleet when he arrived at WSU).

Erik Stevenson: Erik arrived at WSU at 197 and bulked up to 210. Kerry wants to lean him up a bit to 200 and improve his lateral quickness.

Morris Udeze: Kerry hasn't been able to work much with Morris due to his recovering from shoulder surgery. He hope to get him cut up and as lean as possible when they do get him going again.

Trey Wade: Trey came in at 209. Kerry wants him to play at 220. Has a good foundation. Will have an NBA body by the time Kerry is done with him.

Teddy Allen: Teddy Allen arrested. WSU says it is investigating before making a decision about Allen’s status on the team. My guess is that 3G didn't want much more said about Teddy at this point.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 15, 2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So, Kerry hasn't been able to work with Mo yet. How long before the season starts?? He's already used up one season. Would hate for him not to be fully ready for his next one.

• wufan
                    wufan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think Mo RS this year to gain skills. He’s a raw talent. IPBC is talented, but has work to do. He will be the third center this year.

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                    GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    2256 lbs would have to be some sort of D1 record, would it not? I kid, I kid...

Does Kerry have an exercise that helps with shooting and passing?
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                  X