No announcement yet.

Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how Kellogg and 135 are doing?
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I just get in off the road (walgreen at Maize-21st to almost Valley Center took almost 2 hours).

9" inches snow at the house. Literally people are driving off the road into the ditches due to white out conditions. People are driving on the wrong side of the road where medians exist. Cars are scattered along side the roads stuck. The city is not plowing anything.

It's looking very iffy for tonight for my family unless conditions improve fast.

Comment

I live an hour West of town and the weather here has improved greatly the past hour. I see no problem making it to Wichita unless the weather is worse there? Any current updates are appreciated... I'm planning to leave around 5:00.

P.S. It looks like SB just gave me the answer I wasn't looking for. :(
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
          I live an hour West of town and the weather here has improved greatly the past hour. I see no problem making it to Wichita unless the weather is worse there? Any current updates are appreciated... I'm planning to leave around 5:00.
          If you have a 4wd then the roads are fine. The real problem is those who don't have 4wd - they are all over the road, and then the those with 4wd who have no common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Shocker
            Will Jesica Simpson be at the Cowboy game?

:lol:
            No she is snowed in at my house.
            Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

I live at Hoover and MacArthur and to go down to 47th and broadway and back took an hour.

It was easier getting back then it was to get there. Unless this lets up alot more then Im staying home.

This sucks though ill get out in anything but with my eyesight as bad as it is i dont think I can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                I live at Hoover and MacArthur and to go down to 47th and broadway and back took an hour.

It was easier getting back then it was to get there. Unless this lets up alot more then Im staying home.

This sucks though ill get out in anything but with my eyesight as bad as it is i dont think I can do it.

I just went out to clear off my driveway to see if i could get my small car out of the garage. The snow is up to my knees! It took me nearly 45 minutes to clear off 4 feet of driveway.
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

My Father and I are going to give it a go. He is handicapped so we are going to leave early and try to grab a space. Fiance is staying home.. she is coming off a severe foot injury and this is just too dangerous.

Comment

If I go, I will be goin solo. Have not decided whether I will try it yet. The main issue for me will be the visibility. Looks better now than it did an hour ago.

Mele Kalikimaka!

Comment

hahah yeah these drifts are crazy. I turned around in the Kmart parking lot and got out to help some people push a truck out of one and soaked my pants in the process.

I think the last time I saw snow like this I was single digits in age.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        If I go, I will be goin solo. Have not decided whether I will try it yet. The main issue for me will be the visibility. Looks better now than it did an hour ago.

Mele Kalikimaka!
                        The worst of the snow is over... it's moving off to the east... so the white-out conditions should be over but the streets are still messed up.

Comment

Has it stopped snowing anywhere in town ?

Comment

I guess we'll try it. Stupid. Go Romo. Go MB3.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold_Shox

I'm on Hillside near Harry and I can't even tell if its stopped. It might be new snow, but it also might just be the snow blowing off other rooftops. I've been outside trying to clear my drive for the past hour and got sick of it, tried to drive out of it in my small car and got stuck. Luckily, I was able to get it back into the garage. Looks like its the radio for me tonight guys.
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                                Originally posted by Harold_Shox

I'm on Hillside near Harry and I can't even tell if its stopped. It might be new snow, but it also might just be the snow blowing off other rooftops. I've been outside trying to clear my drive for the past hour and got sick of it, tried to drive out of it in my small car and got stuck. Luckily, I was able to get it back into the garage. Looks like its the radio for me tonight guys.
                                thats an easy drive. man up.
                                "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                                CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Working...
                                X