No announcement yet.

Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll be driving in from the Hutch area to finish up some Christmas shopping and attend the game.

We drove into Hutch this morning and it was worse in town due to drifting. In the country the open roads were still mostly clear, especially the north-south roads. But that was about an hour ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      We'll be driving in from the Hutch area to finish up some Christmas shopping and attend the game.

We drove into Hutch this morning and it was worse in town due to drifting. In the country the open roads were still mostly clear, especially the north-south roads. But that was about an hour ago.

I'm on Hillside not far south from WSU and the snow looks pretty deep out my windows. According to weather.com, 2 to 4 inches of snow is expected, but that doesn't include drifts due to the 29-40 mph wind. Ahhh, Kansas. Gotta love it.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Sold 2 of my four tickets last night on marketplace in 5 minutes. Only four seats were available then.

At 12:30 put up my final two, decided to not make 2-hour drive from Great Bend...they just sold at 1:00. About 40 tickets remain.

Wish I could be ther, but I'll keep my shocker gear on tonight and try to listen on the Internet. Whup 'em up, Shocks!
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

KWCH is reporting possibly a snow fall total of 5-7". Could be hazardous driving with the snow drifts. I'd leave plenty early. And by "plenty early" I mean an hour for each 15 minutes of usual drive time.
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

There have been semi accidents on highway 50 around Burrton, so be careful driving tonight while driving. Remember that seeing a basketball game isn't worth risking your lives.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
              There have been semi accidents on highway 50 around Burrton, so be careful driving tonight while driving. Remember that seeing a basketball game isn't worth risking your lives.

Yes it is! Its the SHOCKERS!! :yahoo: :clap: :wsu_posters:
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                Originally posted by ISASO
                Ricky, there is nothing on your list beyond #1 that a VCR or DVR cannot fix. If you are concerned about traveling in your new shiny wheels, stop by my house. The Yellow Submarine pulls anchor at 5:30.
                Scholfield put on a snow plow attachment.

Teresa and I will be fine.
                Ricky, you didn't buy a gas-guzzler did you???!! :( :(

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                  Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  #2 because of Fantasy Football purposes.
                  Super Bowl for me and I have Witten and Crayton so I'd rather not watch and just come home to find out I have 90 points between the two of them.
                  Im in the semi's with Romo Barber and Folk going tonight

Comment

Will Jesica Simpson be at the Cowboy game?

:lol:
                    "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Shocker
                      Will Jesica Simpson be at the Cowboy game?

:lol:
                      I hope so, at least there will be something to watch when the game gets out of hand by the 2nd quarter. I'll probably DVR the NFL game so I can watch it when I get home.
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I decided to check out campus early. Driving near WSU is slow but walking around campus will be a challenge. Let's just say that we only had to set up camp and pitch tents twice when walking from the Jabara lot to Koch Arena. :D (Then we went to Panera for food.) Seriously, the drifts on campus can be 3'-4' deep (if you get "lucky"); bring dry socks unless the weather changes a lot or you park next to Koch Arena.
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah
                          Are the UAB players here already? I was wondering if their flight might get cancelled.
                          Brad Pittman told me that they are here. i am at the arena.

hes currently outside snowblowing.
                          Theyve been working all day.
                          Now if onlyt he city of wichita would work on the roads.
                          Not too much ice on my way here either. But the snow is bad. and U can only see like 5 feet in front of your car.
                          of course this was at like 11am...
                          The true local fans will be here.... at least i hope so.
                          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Don't count on the city or state to do too much to the roads until it stops. This blowing snow will cover it up as fast as they can clear it.

Comment

My wife is a nurse and of course it has to be this weekend that she's on call, and of course her phone is blowing up every 2 seconds with someone saying either they are stuck in the snow or ain't gonna try the trek to work. So she just left a few minutes ago in an SUV to try to help with coverage and she made it to the end of the street and spun out and got stuck.

Sorry boys but I think I'm stayin home tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheaties
                                My wife is a nurse and of course it has to be this weekend that she's on call, and of course her phone is blowing up every 2 seconds with someone saying either they are stuck in the snow or ain't gonna try the trek to work. So she just left a few minutes ago in an SUV to try to help with coverage and she made it to the end of the street and spun out and got stuck.

Sorry boys but I think I'm stayin home tonight.
                                that sucks!

I drive a minivan (granted all wheel drive) and just got back ten minutes ago. If you drive slow and take it easy there really isn't a problem. Visibility sucks a little but just take the middle of the two lanes and drive 20mph instead of 40.

I will say it seemed like every intersection had either a rear wheel drive car or 2 wheel drive truck stuck. So if you aint got 4x4, AWD, and at the very minimun FWD drive I would stay home.

Comment

Working...
                                X