Penny's Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Easy there. The games aren't played on paper Memphis fan. I will say it again, where will the playing time come from? Do you think any of these highly rated kids are going to be happy playing 10 minutes a game?
    I definitely wouldn’t mind going into a season worried about how we would distribute the playing time over 10 players. He has 2 starting lineups so if he wants to run and rotate he will have the horses. This kid would be a bigger get for them than the kid that stayed in the NBA draft. Call me Memphis fan or not, they have done a heck of a recruiting job this year. I wish more teams in the AAC could have success like them. But, they haven’t got him yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSM View Post

I definitely wouldn’t mind going into a season worried about how we would distribute the playing time over 10 players. He has 2 starting lineups so if he wants to run and rotate he will have the horses. This kid would be a bigger get for them than the kid that stayed in the NBA draft. Call me Memphis fan or not, they have done a heck of a recruiting job this year. I wish more teams in the AAC could have success like them. But, they haven’t got him yet.
      Well WSM, our esteemed newcomer, you have to understand how terribly excited we are as Wichita State basketball fans at the challenge of facing a team full of high school AA's. We've seen and done it before. Had some W's and some L's. It all evened out. We're very anxious to see it happen on the hardwood again. It's been too long. But not too many around here are going to get too bent out of shape over a team that's proven nothing yet.

Our excitement however probably doesn't meet that of head coach Marshall. You can be assured of that. His team can match up with Penny's, and he knows it.

We'll beat you guys on the boards, if not in the high lite reels.

Comment

Don't forget having plenty of horses also keeps guys out of foul trouble. In 2017-18, the Shocks went a legit 10 deep. We had a huge advantage because we could attack an opposing teams strengths in numbers. It didn't matter how many studs were on the opponents team because we could send twice as many of our guys after them without a drop-off in play, and wear them out and/or get them in foul trouble. Memphis will be an interesting team to watch and play this year. I believe they will have early growing pains but will be a force by tournament time. Should make for some fun games!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post

Don't forget having plenty of horses also keeps guys out of foul trouble. In 2017-18, the Shocks went a legit 10 deep. We had a huge advantage because we could attack an opposing teams strengths in numbers. It didn't matter how many studs were on the opponents team because we could send twice as many of our guys after them without a drop-off in play, and wear them out and/or get them in foul trouble. Memphis will be an interesting team to watch and play this year. I believe they will have early growing pains but will be a force by tournament time. Should make for some fun games!
          You're assuming you have a coach who knows how to manage that depth. As I said, we shall see. I know who I'd put my money on.

Comment

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            I would put my money on HCGM, but you dont play PG. In the Association as long as Penny without a deep knowledge of the game. Pre injuries, Penny was freaking cold. I hope he turns Memphis into a juggernaut. I jalso hope we are an even bigger juggernaut.

No doubt they've had a good recruiting $eason.

Comment

• I cannot wait for the Shocks and Marshall to go against these caliber of teams in the AAC during the REGULAR season. Fun times!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Well WSM, our esteemed newcomer, you have to understand how terribly excited we are as Wichita State basketball fans at the challenge of facing a team full of high school AA's. We've seen and done it before. Had some W's and some L's. It all evened out. We're very anxious to see it happen on the hardwood again. It's been too long. But not too many around here are going to get too bent out of shape over a team that's proven nothing yet.

Our excitement however probably doesn't meet that of head coach Marshall. You can be assured of that. His team can match up with Penny's, and he knows it.

We'll beat you guys on the boards, if not in the high lite reels.
              You keep referring to me as Memphis fan or "you guys". I just want to make it clear, I am posting about Memphis because this thread is named "Penny's Memphis." I enjoy looking at all the teams in our conference to measure our opponents. I'm not trying to build up any team or trying to show loyalties elsewhere. If there was a "Brannen's Bearcats" thread, I would be posting on that, too. Just because someone posts something positive or negative on this site doesn't make them anti WSU or someone else's fan.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                RoyalShock commented
                Editing a comment
                Based on your posts I just assumed WSM was an acronym for Wichita State Memphis, which is cool. People can have interest in multiple teams and brings a unique perspective.

You keep referring to me as Memphis fan or "you guys". I just want to make it clear, I am posting about Memphis because this thread is named "Penny's Memphis." I enjoy looking at all the teams in our conference to measure our opponents. I'm not trying to build up any team or trying to show loyalties elsewhere. If there was a "Brannen's Bearcats" thread, I would be posting on that, too. Just because someone posts something positive or negative on this site doesn't make them anti WSU or someone else's fan.
              So glad you said that. It's true. Just because someone points out something positive about another team or coach doesn't make you anti shocker. Go shocks.

Comment

• But WSM you haven’t said what team you ARE a fan of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                  But WSM you haven’t said what team you ARE a fan of?
                  WSM stands for WS = Wichita State, M = my last name, my degree (Master's), my major (management science), and my specialty (supply chain Management) which is through WS. I am new to this site because I have been paying to be on another site for several years. I thought I would save some money and join here. However, instead of having rational discussions about the strength and weaknesses of WS basketball and our conference foes, I have to defend whether I am a loyal WSU fan. Frankly, this is just not worth the effort...........signing off.

Comment

WSM stands for WS = Wichita State, M = my last name, my degree (Master's), my major (management science), and my specialty (supply chain Management) which is through WS. I am new to this site because I have been paying to be on another site for several years. I thought I would save some money and join here. However, instead of having rational discussions about the strength and weaknesses of WS basketball and our conference foes, I have to defend whether I am a loyal WSU fan. Frankly, this is just not worth the effort...........signing off.
                    13 of your 16 posts are in this thread. 2 of the other 3 are in a recruiting thread discussing Penny’s recruiting. The other post is about the FBI investigation involving Wade and Self. I guess you’re just a WSU fan who likes talking about other teams more than WSU. Or maybe you have other allegiances. If so, who cares? Just be honest.

You paid at another WSU message board service? Care to name which one?

Not sure why you’re getting so defensive about it to the point of leaving. This place is kindergarten compared to other sites out there.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Bye bye. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. You are obviously not a WSU fan. Certain clues give it away, as Fev pointed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

13 of your 16 posts are in this thread. 2 of the other 3 are in a recruiting thread discussing Penny’s recruiting. The other post is about the FBI investigation involving Wade and Self. I guess you’re just a WSU fan who likes talking about other teams more than WSU. Or maybe you have other allegiances. If so, who cares? Just be honest.

You paid at another WSU message board service? Care to name which one?

Not sure why you’re getting so defensive about it to the point of leaving. This place is kindergarten compared to other sites out there.
                        I didn't say I belonged to another WSU board service. I have belonged to 247 and Rivals because I enjoy college football and basketball. WSU doesn't really have boards on those sites but occasionally I would be able to have a discussion with a WSU fan. I enjoy looking into the recruiting and game day matchups and keeping up with what is going on nationally. Haven't really thought about where I've been since I joined this board. However, I have been keeping up with basketball recruiting and the other teams in the AAC and other major basketball universities. I guess I gravitated to those two sites because they were the ones that I had news to contribute. Watching the basketball recruits emerge, following the schools they are interested in, and seeing how CGM and WS fit into the national picture has been my outside interest. Maybe I should venture out more on this board. After this, I think it would be better if I just went back to doing my own thing and talking with the guys around the water cooler. They don't question my loyalty.

Comment

Bye bye. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. You are obviously not a WSU fan. Certain clues give it away, as Fev pointed out.
                          I am truly sorry if I have offended you or anyone else. I live some distance away from Kansas now. If I can ever get to a game, I would like to show you I am a Shocker (so is my butt crack). However, I will take your advice and leave the board so you guys can get on with more fruitful discussions. Go Coach Marshall and the Shockers! All the way to the National Championship in 2020!

Comment

• MikeKennedyRulZ
                            MikeKennedyRulZ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ok. Best of luck to you and the Tigers this coming season.

You're assuming you have a coach who knows how to manage that depth. As I said, we shall see. I know who I'd put my money on.
                          Since I referred to the Shocks as "we" 3 times in my post and Memphis as "they" once in my post, I will assume you do not read for content.

Comment

• WSM
                            WSM commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you for your gracious support. It will give me a reason not to feel guilty when the Mug Club calls and wants my dues. Funny thing, I got blasted for commenting too much on the Memphis board and I am close to USF. I will let my brothers do their thing on ShockerNet and keep up with the sports talk down here. Thank you again, you are a gentleman.
                        Working...
                        X