Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    It is indisputable that more people are masking up today than at any time since this began.

Yet it continues to spread.

Science.
    Cold ignored this post.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It is indisputable that more people are masking up today than at any time since this began.

Science.
      I think the explanation is pretty obvious. More people are masking up and being responsible in public but privately getting together indoors with no masks or distancing. Anecdotally, I see it among my own friend groups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
        Well I stand corrected.

Then It should come to no surprise to the program that other players would eventually test positive. It was a waste of plane tickets. It doesn't look like there are any grown-up in charge of the athletic department.
        Last edited by SB Shock; November 24, 2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I would think referees blowing their whistles would be a high risk activity. I guess they could use air horns. Perhaps remote officiating is on the way as well.
          maybe snapping their fingers repeatedly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Well I stand corrected.

It should come to no surprise to the program that other players would eventually test positive. It was a waste of plane tickets. It doesn't look like there are any grown-up in charge of the athletic department.
            You may be right though. I just saw on The Drive site they had a segment today where they talked to Boatright about what happened with the testing. I listened to it and he said the travel party was 30 people and anyone who tested positive in SD was tested again to be sure. Sounded like the last round of testing for the team was Saturday, which contradicts Taylor's article. The segment is at https://www.radio.com/kfh/podcasts/t...boat-350833826 and you have to skip to around the 9:30 mark to get past talk about HS sports first.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I think the explanation is pretty obvious. More people are masking up and being responsible in public but privately getting together indoors with no masks or distancing. Anecdotally, I see it among my own friend groups.
              that would not have been what I would have taken from that, but ok

Comment

Science.
                I will address this in the political section because 'Fever insists.

I was actually in a bit of a texting session with a little hot bunny I'm hoping will help ease my pandemic pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

This guy wins. I'll expound in the sub-forum of rage and delusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

that would not have been what I would have taken from that, but ok
                    glad you could chime in

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I would think referees blowing their whistles would be a high risk activity. I guess they could use air horns. Perhaps remote officiating is on the way as well.
                      I know some that are using an electronic whistle OR using a whistle under their mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post

I know some that are using an electronic whistle OR using a whistle under their mask.
                        All of my league supervisors and leagues are requiring we use either whistle covers or electronic whistles.
                        I personally do not like carrying the electronic so I purchased and use the cover.

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Science.
                          What’s spreading? Covid or stupidity?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• As to Kemnitz being in the travel party, pretty sure it’s his job, not a pleasure trip.... and 30 might be broken down somewhat like:
                            12 players
                            5-6 coaches/ GAs
                            4 managers
                            2 trainers
                            1 team doctor
                            5 administration

don’t know any of this to be true but I think you can get to 30 pretty fast

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              As to Kemnitz being in the travel party, pretty sure it’s his job, not a pleasure trip.... and 30 might be broken down somewhat like:
                              12 players
                              5-6 coaches/ GAs
                              4 managers
                              2 trainers
                              1 team doctor
                              5 administration

don’t know any of this to be true but I think you can get to 30 pretty fast
                              Maybe .. but I'd argue
                              4 managers
                              2 trainers
                              1 team doctor
                              5 administration

Could have driven the 7 hour drive and be kept separate from the players and coaches.

Comment

• Nobody who tested positive when landing in SD contracted the virus during the flight. It’s not like Kemnitz breathed on a player during the 2 hour flight and caused the player to test positive. As posters, start thinking before you post stupid stuff like this that then leads to more speculation and accusations about irresponsible actions. Jeez.

Comment

Working...
                                X