Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Seems like there is zero consistency in all of this and extreme desperateness and disregard of safety on Northern Iowa’s part.
      Or common sense. 1 player has it, he doesn't go...don't punish the rest of them. I applaud them for the correct decision.

Comment

• Bummed. Was really looking forward to some damn basketball. I think any games we get in before the AAC league starts is gravy. But it seems that the Covid cases (at least at the NFL level) are kinda being processed and recovered from in less than the 14 day quarantine period (so long as there is negative tests). So I think there is a good chance we could have some games next week. Fingers crossed.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Bummed. Was really looking forward to some damn basketball. I think any games we get in before the AAC league starts is gravy. But it seems that the Covid cases (at least at the NFL level) are kinda being processed and recovered from in less than the 14 day quarantine period (so long as there is negative tests). So I think there is a good chance we could have some games next week. Fingers crossed.
          Can the NCAA do that though? The NFL has a union that agreed to the handling of positive cases in that way. Since the NCAA doesn't have that, they likely will have to stick to CDC guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Seems like there is zero consistency in all of this and extreme desperateness and disregard of safety on Northern Iowa’s part.
            The tournament organizer requires any team to drop out if any team has a positive case while on-site. It seems the player for UNI tested positive at UNI, so they did not allow him to travel. Therefore UNI got around the letter of the law, but there is no way that UNI didn't have other player exposed.

It will be interesting if some program end up refusing to play UNI before it all said and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The tournament organizer requires any team to drop out if any team has a positive case while on-site. It seems the player for UNI tested positive at UNI, so they did not allow him to travel. Therefore UNI got around the letter of the law, but there is no way that UNI didn't have other player exposed.

It will be interesting if some program end up refusing to play UNI before it all said and done.
              The only two teams left that might would be Memphis or West Virginia. The rest are all from conferences where the OOC is the most important part of their schedule. VCU might be considered in that bucket too

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Yup.
                While I agree that there has to be a better way, it’s kind of annoying when Twitter guy quotes another person who says “they’re gonna have to figure this out a little better” but neither offer up any solution of their own (from what I can tell).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Can the NCAA do that though? The NFL has a union that agreed to the handling of positive cases in that way. Since the NCAA doesn't have that, they likely will have to stick to CDC guidelines.
                  I don't know, but I think that once you test positive, the path to being back to whatever it is that one needs to get back to, isn't that long, so long as you can get testing and show a negative result, then you are good. What gets dicey is the ones that were exposed and then have to wait a certain amount of time before a negative test means anything (so long as they don't continue to expose themselves to positive cases). But I also think that the league and other organizations are playing games with some of these tests. And I think that ultimately goes to the fact that most of these guys are in peak physical condition, so this virus isn't really doing much to harm them, and for the most part, their symptoms are mild. So they can nip it pretty quick, along with the best healthcare that there is.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Or common sense. 1 player has it, he doesn't go...don't punish the rest of them. I applaud them for the correct decision.
                    Then what's the point? If players are around the positive case and likely exchanging fluids and such through practices at the very least, it's pretty much assumed someone else will get it. Listen, I have my reservations about aspects about this virus too, but you might as well not even test anybody if they go by your reasoning. It's then pointless.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I don't know, but I think that once you test positive, the path to being back to whatever it is that one needs to get back to, isn't that long, so long as you can get testing and show a negative result, then you are good. What gets dicey is the ones that were exposed and then have to wait a certain amount of time before a negative test means anything (so long as they don't continue to expose themselves to positive cases). But I also think that the league and other organizations are playing games with some of these tests. And I think that ultimately goes to the fact that most of these guys are in peak physical condition, so this virus isn't really doing much to harm them, and for the most part, their symptoms are mild. So they can nip it pretty quick, along with the best healthcare that there is.
                      Yes .. but their coaches, friends, family might not ... That's the real concern.

Comment

Wow, that's pretty slimy if true. Not sure I get the point of that rationale. I hope West Virginia bows out just in spite of that kind of desperate motivation. If we're not playing because a non-team person tested positive, then I sure as hell don't think it's fair for a team to play when a member of their actual team tested positive for it.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I wonder if they re-tested the supposed positives? This could alleviate a major issue that has popped up with false positives. Just sayin. The data is all over the place as well as the number of false positives occurring.

Comment

Kennedy was on the show with Shane and Jacob A. this morning. Interestingly, Kennedy did not travel with the team because the tournament had a limit on number of people in the party. In the end (w/ the potential 2 week quarantine and everything thing else) Kennedy was planning on doing the PBP remotely. He also said that the AAC is considering requiring the away team radio/TV to also do remote broadcasts.
                            If were going to have remote broadcasts we need to get the announcer from Bull Durham:

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 24, 2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Are they giving players antibody tests as well? Wouldn’t that make some sense? Now the newest research is immunity could last years or decades, at least to the point you won’t get it nearly as severely as the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                I wonder if they re-tested the supposed positives? This could alleviate a major issue that has popped up with false positives. Just sayin. The data is all over the place as well as the number of false positives occurring.
                                i would guess all players will get multiple tests in the coming days.

Comment

Working...
                                X