Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Wait, so a player tests positive but the team still plays on? Wasn’t he exposed to everybody? Wtf?
    Yeah, that doesn't make sense. That why Baylor had to pull out and lose two Top 10 games this week - because nobody felt comfortable playing a team that had a confirmed case of covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It was definitely mentioned at some point last night that it was "part of the travel party" ... they might have updated and corrected that by now though. I can't remember if it was Taylor or one of the national writers.
      WSU's tweet last night said team travel party -

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. That why Baylor had to pull out and lose two Top 10 games this week - because nobody felt comfortable playing a team that had a confirmed case of covid.
        Will be interesting to see how many if any teams that are in South Dakota end up with positive tests in the next week or so. Same with the Mohegan Sun tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Everyone is disappointed (except fever and stick boy) we aren’t playing. This all sucks! We don’t need to continue to hash out this argument on the basketball forum.
          You think I’m happy?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wait, so a player tests positive but the team still plays on? Wasn’t he exposed to everybody? Wtf?
            According to Taylor's story, it was the same situation for WSU. Team member tested positive on Sunday, rest of team flew out on Monday. I thought that was odd, as well.

Comment

You think I’m happy?
              You? Yes. Why wouldn’t you be, you wanted to pull out of the tourney for weeks now.

Comment

• Next weeks games will not only be dependent on what WSU might want to do, but also on whether ORU and Mizzou will be willing to come to town in this situation. My expectations are expecting that these games will not be played. At least that way if they do play it will be a pleasant surprise.

Our luck will be we are set to open the season against Okie State and they come down with some positive tests on or close to game day.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

You? Yes. Why wouldn’t you be, you wanted to pull out of the tourney for weeks now.
                  Oh I get it. Well I’ve finally come to the realization that this season isn’t gonna happen and certainly isn’t gonna warrant a legitimate NCAA tournament field so I kinda wanted to see some basketball while we had it. The competition is now meaningless since there won’t be a full season.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

According to Taylor's story, it was the same situation for WSU. Team member tested positive on Sunday, rest of team flew out on Monday. I thought that was odd, as well.
                    Seems like there is zero consistency in all of this and extreme desperateness and disregard of safety on Northern Iowa’s part.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Tennesse has went on a COVID pause. Multiple positive including Rick Barnes.

Comment

Oh I get it. Well I’ve finally come to the realization that this season isn’t gonna happen and certainly isn’t gonna warrant a legitimate NCAA tournament field so I kinda wanted to see some basketball while we had it. The competition is now meaningless since there won’t be a full season.
                        The year of suck certainly rages on.

Comment

• They did an interesting study involving Marine recruits at boot camp. They put thousands of them into quarantine in a dormitory type setting. They quarantined at home for two weeks before they got there. Everyone got tested at the beginning, and then multiple times thereafter. They did daily temperature checks and symptom questionnaires. Anyone who tested positive was immediately removed. They had to wear double-ply masks except when they were eating or sleeping, and social distancing was strictly enforced. They had one roommate. Their pre-plated meals were served to them. The Drill Instructors had to live in the dorm, as did other staff like janitors, kitchen staff, etc. They had to sanitize the restroom with bleach each time they used it. They organized foot traffic so they did not meet another recruit by going through a double doorway at the same time. They were constantly supervised by their DI. Guess what — some of them still got COVID.

It’s a hard thing to stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            Tennesse has went on a COVID pause. Multiple positive including Rick Barnes.
                            I saw that too. They were going to host their own little tournament and VCU was going to play in it. They cancelled it yesterday, which made VCU available for the Crossover Classic.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• We need to keep the non essential people off the team plane this year. No reason for Kemnitz or any other non-member of the team or staff to be on that plane when COVID is spreading so quickly. Hope this is a lesson learned.

Comment

• Kennedy was on the show with Shane and Jacob A. this morning. Interestingly, Kennedy did not travel with the team because the tournament had a limit on number of people in the party. In the end (w/ the potential 2 week quarantine and everything thing else) Kennedy was planning on doing the PBP remotely. He also said that the AAC is considering requiring the away team radio/TV to also do remote broadcasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X