Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    So what changed from Saturday where they all tested negative to now? When did Billy Kennedy arrive on campus? I hope he wasn't the source (assuming someone got it before they left for S.D.).

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      So when they ultimately cancel the season, do you think they’re gonna give this year’s eligibility back like they did with the spring sports?
      You ask, and you shall receive...

Winter sport student-athletes who compete during 2020-21 in Division I will receive both an additional season of competition and an additional year in which to complete it, the Division I Council decided. The same flexibility was provided to student-athletes after the spring season was canceled in 2020 and the fall season was seriously impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Council met by videoconference Tuesday and Wednesday.

“The pandemic will continue to impact winter sport seasons in ways we can’t predict. Council members opted to provide for winter sport student-athletes the same flexibility given spring and fall sports previously,” said Council chair M. Grace Calhoun, athletics director at Pennsylvania. “The actions today ensure the continuation of local decision-making in the best interest of each institution and its student-athletes.”

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
        Wear masks...like all the time
        It won’t matter.

Comment

• I get things have been a little chaotic, but I'm floored we packed up and headed to SD without testing since Saturday. Why did we not test an hour or two before departing? Why risk arriving and being required to immediately turn around and go home? Why risk exposing the entire team/staff on an airplane? These questions need answered. Lots of wasted time/money and unnecessary risk to the entire team that has the potential to shut them down until after Christmas.

Someone on the administrative end dropped the ball. I'm pulling for IHCIB, but this isn't the best way to show you're ready for the big time. Dare I say, if 3G were here we never would have flown to SD with positive cases on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
            Wear masks...like all the time
            I imagine they did

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
              I get things have been a little chaotic, but I'm floored we packed up and headed to SD without testing since Saturday. Why did we not test an hour or two before departing? Why risk arriving and being required to immediately turn around and go home? Why risk exposing the entire team/staff on an airplane? These questions need answered. Lots of wasted time/money and unnecessary risk to the entire team that has the potential to shut them down until after Christmas.

Someone on the administrative end dropped the ball. I'm pulling for IHCIB, but this isn't the best way to show you're ready for the big time. Dare I say, if 3G were here we never would have flown to SD with positive cases on board.
              I’m sure “sharp as a tack” Boatright was right on top of the issues you addressed.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I hear ya’ Clarence... my ‘brain’ is loose from all the shaking lately...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I’m sure “sharp as a tack” Boatright was right on top of the issues you addressed.
                    Sharp as a bowling ball.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
                      I get things have been a little chaotic, but I'm floored we packed up and headed to SD without testing since Saturday. Why did we not test an hour or two before departing? Why risk arriving and being required to immediately turn around and go home? Why risk exposing the entire team/staff on an airplane? These questions need answered. Lots of wasted time/money and unnecessary risk to the entire team that has the potential to shut them down until after Christmas.

The WSU lab is one of the fastest for test results in the state. It takes them 24 hours.

They tested Saturday, got the results Sunday and flew out Monday. I haven't run into any discussion or data on false negatives in the WSU lab.

Seems like they were using the 15-minute test in SD. That one is known for false negatives. I haven't run into anything about the 15-minute test giving false positives, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Using the 24-hour test results instead of the 15-minute results minimizes the chances of having a false negative.

This is a great example of how the virus spreads. Asymptomatic carriers can test megative and still have the virus in their systems, which means they are able to spread it, although in small doses that may result in another asymptomatic carrier. That's probably what happened at the White House where everybody got tested, but they still had some cases come out of some of their events, but none of those cases seem to have been severe.

I'm not mentioning the White House to make some political statement. I used it as an example that negative test results are not a protection. The White House is an example of that, that most people have heard about.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

Damn you, Kate! You ruin everything.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

So when they ultimately cancel the season, do you think they’re gonna give this year’s eligibility back like they did with the spring sports?
                          Just imagine if COVID was around a few years ago...Grant Gibbs would still be eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

The WSU lab is one of the fastest for test results in the state. It takes them 24 hours.

They tested Saturday, got the results Sunday and flew out Monday. I haven't run into any discussion or data on false negatives in the WSU lab.

Seems like they were using the 15-minute test in SD. That one is known for false negatives. I haven't run into anything about the 15-minute test giving false positives, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Using the 24-hour test results instead of the 15-minute results minimizes the chances of having a false negative.

This is a great example of how the virus spreads. Asymptomatic carriers can test megative and still have the virus in their systems, which means they are able to spread it, although in small doses that may result in another asymptomatic carrier. That's probably what happened at the White House where everybody got tested, but they still had some cases come out of some of their events, but none of those cases seem to have been severe.

I'm not mentioning the White House to make some political statement. I used it as an example that negative test results are not a protection. The White House is an example of that, that most people have heard about.
                            The 15 will pick up proteins from the virus, essentially fragments.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I imagine they did
                              I imagine Gregg Marshall coaching the sidelines... Guess what buddy... I'll keep imagining. Wearing masks works...I imagine they didn't wear masks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I get all that, but it has nothing to do with the Saturday lab test. We practice with regulation size basketballs, not 28.5" "girls" balls. I'm sure we knew the 15 minute test would be protocol upon arrival. We should've tested with the same before departing. This isn't complicated. Frankly, showing up and getting booted from the airport bc we weren't prepared is bush league.

Comment

Working...
                                X