Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certainly a very attractive list of opponents.

Perhaps a year or two early, but I really hope we get a shot (hopefully more than one), at Duke.

Comment

Would love to go, but damn, Atlantis is not cheap. Was just messing around and looked into what it would cost to go to this year’s tournament. A 5 night stay at the hotel in the cheapest room with two flights and two tickets to the games will run you about $4,700 and whatever you eat and drink will be on top of that. Not quite sure that fits into the budget and it’s only that cheap if I can convince my wife to leave the kids at home. Lol

Comment

I'm not sure if one can separate tickets and hotel, but I know because I have neighbors who have gone. There is a Comfort Inn or some other budget type hotels within walking distance of Atlantis and you can use the Atlantis pools and amenities etc when you stay at that hotel. Something to look into. I too am hoping to see about swinging a trip down to see the Shox.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Overtime
          Overtime commented
          Editing a comment
          Shocker prez, staying at Comfort Suites across street from Atlantis in the past entitled all guests to full use of water park etc but I recently checked and they seem to have dropped that benefit from their website......I’m no expert, just FYI.....

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
        Perhaps a year or two early, but I really hope we get a shot (hopefully more than one), at Duke.
        I think the 20-21 season would be the perfect season to play Duke. Barring transfers (or Dex exploding a year early and heading for The Association), everyone on next year's team other than Jaime will still be around. We could be primed and ready to challenge the Dukies in that early season matchup.

78-65

Comment

"Star-Studded Field All Set For Battle 4 Atlantis" - Tribune 242 (Nassau, Bahamas)

Posted: Friday, May 10, 2019

THE Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis, presented by Complete Sports Management, is set to feature another star-studded field in 2020 with one former tournament champion and one of the most recognised names in NCAA Division I basketball.

"THE Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis, presented by Complete Sports Management, is set to feature another star-studded field in 2020 with one former tournament champion and one of the most recognised names in NCAA Division I basketball.

#The Duke Blue Devils (ACC) will headline the field along with the Ohio State Buckeyes (Big 10), Texas A and M Aggies (SEC), West Virginia Mountaineers (Big 12), Utah Utes (PAC 12), Creighton Bluejays (Big East), Wichita State Shockers (AAC) and a team yet to be determined to round out the field.

#Duke won the 2012 Battle 4 Atlantis and will be one of several returning teams along with Texas A and M, Utah and Wichita State.

#West Virginia, Ohio State, and Creighton will make their tournament debut.

#This year’s tournament will feature another outstanding field, setting the stage for the Gonzaga Bulldogs (WCC), North Carolina Tar Heels (ACC) and Michigan Wolverines (BIG 10) to headline the 8-team group.

#The remainder of the field also includes the Oregon Ducks (PAC 12), Seton Hall Pirates (Big East), Iowa State Cyclones (BIG 12), Alabama Crimson Tide (SEC) and Southern Mississippi Eagles (C-USA).

#The tournament will again be hosted at the Atlantis resort’s Imperial Arena, November 27-29 during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

#Three members of the field were ranked in the top 10 of the Associated Press Top 25 Poll including No.4 Gonzaga, No.7 North Carolina and No.9 Michigan.

#Those three teams will also make their return to the Bahamas for their second appearance at the B4A.

#The Tar Heels participated in the 2014 tournament where they finished fifth. Gonzaga and Michigan were both in the 2015 event where they finished third and fifth respectively.

#The most recent edition of the tournament featured the title-winning No.4 Virginia Cavaliers, No. 25 Wisconsin Badgers, Florida Gators, Butler Bulldogs, Dayton Flyers, Stanford Cardinal, Oklahoma Sooners and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders.

#The Cavaliers became the second straight B4A Champions to go on to win the National Title at the conclusion of NCAA March Madness.

#Villanova turned in the same accomplishment the previous season, capturing both the 2017 Battle 4 Atlantis title and the ensuing national crown.

#Every year since the tournament’s inception in 2011, at least half the teams in the eight-school Battle 4 Atlantis field have qualified for that season’s NCAA Tournament. The tone was set during that first tournament, when four of the Battle 4 Atlantis teams made the NCAAs and two more were in the postseason NIT (National Invitation Tournament).

#Combined, Battle 4 Atlantis participants have produced three national champions (Louisville was the first to do it in 2013) and 41 NCAA Tournament appearances, meaning that 64 per cent of the teams that have played in the Battle 4 Atlantis Classic have gone on to make that season’s NCAA Tournament.

#In addition, teams in the Battle 4 Atlantis Classic have won 13 regular-season conference championships and 12 conference tournament titles."

Comment

I guess Memphis is the TBD. That's a pretty solid field.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
              Certainly a very attractive list of opponents.

Bump.

Comment

No easy games in that field. If we don't win the first game we go to the 5th through 8th place side of the bracket. Hopefully we get a team in the first round we match up well with. We should actually be one of the more experienced teams next year.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Here is my Way-Way-Way too early Bracket Prediction for the 2020 Battle 4 Atlantis.

Upper Bracket
                  Duke vs. Texas A&M
                  Wichita vs. Creighton

Lower Bracket
                  Ohio State vs. Utah
                  Memphis vs. West Virginia

Comment

That Creighton team will have three players we'll see if we meet up with them in Atlantis that are impressive shooters. Zagawroski averages 18 ppg and shoots 40% from three. Alexander averages 16 ppg and shoots 47% from three and Ballock averages 12 ppg and shoots 44% from three while as a team shoots 38% from the three. I remember Creighton teams from back in the day that'd drive me crazy with their shooters, Gibbs, McDermott, Funk and Corver that would destroy us.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                      That Creighton team will have three players we'll see if we meet up with them in Atlantis that are impressive shooters. Zagawroski averages 18 ppg and shoots 40% from three. Alexander averages 16 ppg and shoots 47% from three and Ballock averages 12 ppg and shoots 44% from three while as a team shoots 38% from the three. I remember Creighton teams from back in the day that'd drive me crazy with their shooters, Gibbs, McDermott, Funk and Corver that would destroy us.
                      I think Gibbs is still on the team.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I think Gibbs is still on the team.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

That guy appears a bit too cut for Grant Gibbs.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            That guy appears a bit too cut for Grant Gibbs.
                            Way too youthful, also.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

That looks like my son, WstateU Jr...
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X