Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Battle 4 Atlantis

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    God Gibbs was slow. Didn't I used to call him Slo-Mo Gibbs?


    T


    ...

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      God Gibbs was slow. Didn't I used to call him Slo-Mo Gibbs?


      T


      ...
      I think so. God, you are so clever. Thank the Lord you are here because I don’t know who would pat your back if you weren’t.
      When you believe in something, the only person that's gotta believe it is you. Everything else is for the birds.- LeVelle Moton
      Wichita is going to the rich side of town with a pack of matches and a five gallon tank of gasoline and try to burn everything to the ground

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

        Is that guy smuggling a cucumber?
        When you believe in something, the only person that's gotta believe it is you. Everything else is for the birds.- LeVelle Moton
        Wichita is going to the rich side of town with a pack of matches and a five gallon tank of gasoline and try to burn everything to the ground

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by shock View Post

          I think so. God, you are so clever. Thank the Lord you are here because I don’t know who would pat your back if you weren’t.


          Here's some love you prickly little fellow.


          T


          ...

          Comment


          • #35
            Early Preseason Rankings for Battle of Atlantis participates:

            USA Today
            #5 Creighton
            #6 Duke
            #17 West Virginia

            CBS Sports
            #3 Creighton
            #6 Duke
            #14 West Virginia
            #19 Ohio State

            NBC Sports
            #4 Creighton
            #11 Duke
            #20 Ohio State
            #21 West Virginia

            ESPN
            #2 Creighton
            #6 Duke
            #13 Ohio State
            #24 West Virginia

            FanSided Sports
            #8 Duke
            #11 Creighton
            #12 Ohio State
            #24 West Virginia


            Here are my early seed projections:

            Upper Bracket
            1-seed, Creighton
            8-seed, Texas A&M
            4-seed, West Virginia
            5-seed, Memphis

            Lower Bracket
            3-seed, Ohio State
            6-seed, Wichita State
            2-seed, Duke
            7-seed, Utah

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              Early Preseason Rankings for Battle of Atlantis participates:

              USA Today
              #5 Creighton
              #6 Duke
              #17 West Virginia

              CBS Sports
              #3 Creighton
              #6 Duke
              #14 West Virginia
              #19 Ohio State

              NBC Sports
              #4 Creighton
              #11 Duke
              #20 Ohio State
              #21 West Virginia

              ESPN
              #2 Creighton
              #6 Duke
              #13 Ohio State
              #24 West Virginia

              FanSided Sports
              #8 Duke
              #11 Creighton
              #12 Ohio State
              #24 West Virginia


              Here are my early seed projections:

              Upper Bracket
              1-seed, Creighton
              8-seed, Texas A&M
              4-seed, West Virginia
              5-seed, Memphis

              Lower Bracket
              3-seed, Ohio State
              6-seed, Wichita State
              2-seed, Duke
              7-seed, Utah
              This will be a great test for the Shockers.

              Comment


              • #37
                Being somewhat of an enigma, a guy that likes both Creighton and Wichita State, I'd so much love to see them meet. Regardless of anybody's hatred of Creighton, they are absolutely loaded. They were small this year, smaller than the Shockers, but they get back their 6'11" center that was out all year with a broken foot, and add a 7' 4-star center they beat out Kansas and several other power schools for. Creighton didnt lose a single starter to graduation, just a fifth year transfer and a walk on.

                Wichita State kept Dennis and a few other important pieces, then totally upgraded through the transfer portal. If the transfers mesh with the existing players, Wichita State could end up highly ranked and better than any of the si called escorts could imagine!

                If that game happens, it will be epic! Can you imagine all the Valley fans having to sit and watch that knowing that just a few years ago, they were in the same conference. Now they aren't even in the same universe. I hope, hope, hope that game hapoens!
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  Being somewhat of an enigma, a guy that likes both Creighton and Wichita State, I'd so much love to see them meet. Regardless of anybody's hatred of Creighton, they are absolutely loaded. They were small this year, smaller than the Shockers, but they get back their 6'11" center that was out all year with a broken foot, and add a 7' 4-star center they beat out Kansas and several other power schools for. Creighton didnt lose a single starter to graduation, just a fifth year transfer and a walk on.

                  Wichita State kept Dennis and a few other important pieces, then totally upgraded through the transfer portal. If the transfers mesh with the existing players, Wichita State could end up highly ranked and better than any of the si called escorts could imagine!

                  If that game happens, it will be epic! Can you imagine all the Valley fans having to sit and watch that knowing that just a few years ago, they were in the same conference. Now they aren't even in the same universe. I hope, hope, hope that game hapoens!
                  I miss having a team to hate like I hated Creighton.


                  When you believe in something, the only person that's gotta believe it is you. Everything else is for the birds.- LeVelle Moton
                  Wichita is going to the rich side of town with a pack of matches and a five gallon tank of gasoline and try to burn everything to the ground

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I understand your sentiments MVJ but the bluejays will have the advantage of having played together for an entire year and blending their big guy back into the team. Without the benefit of the trip abroad this summer and all the new guys in the program there will be little chance for the Shox to come together as a unit. It would be a great game if all things were equal but I'm afraid the Shox would find themselves at a severe disadvantage this year. Sorry they shut down the spring sports because JJ and I were planning to come up to Omaha and he promised to introduce you.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      I understand your sentiments MVJ but the bluejays will have the advantage of having played together for an entire year and blending their big guy back into the team. Without the benefit of the trip abroad this summer and all the new guys in the program there will be little chance for the Shox to come together as a unit. It would be a great game if all things were equal but I'm afraid the Shox would find themselves at a severe disadvantage this year. Sorry they shut down the spring sports because JJ and I were planning to come up to Omaha and he promised to introduce you.
                      We will meet someday. I'll bring the Bud Light, JJ wilk bring the Doritos.

                      I really don't care who would win, I just want to see that game played sometime. And it should be mandatory that all members of the Valley of Even watch that game.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Being somewhat of an enigma, a guy that likes both Creighton and Wichita State, I'd so much love to see them meet. Regardless of anybody's hatred of Creighton, they are absolutely loaded. They were small this year, smaller than the Shockers, but they get back their 6'11" center that was out all year with a broken foot, and add a 7' 4-star center they beat out Kansas and several other power schools for. Creighton didnt lose a single starter to graduation, just a fifth year transfer and a walk on.

                        Wichita State kept Dennis and a few other important pieces, then totally upgraded through the transfer portal. If the transfers mesh with the existing players, Wichita State could end up highly ranked and better than any of the si called escorts could imagine!

                        If that game happens, it will be epic! Can you imagine all the Valley fans having to sit and watch that knowing that just a few years ago, they were in the same conference. Now they aren't even in the same universe. I hope, hope, hope that game hapoens!
                        I'm a Creighton hater. In fact, if KU is 1A, Creighton is 1B in my hatred for a college athletic program. On equal footing, I'd love to see these two teams square up again, but WSU is in a major rebuilding mode after an historic exodus never seen before in this program. If we get matched up in this tournament, we will get boat-raced and and I'm not prepared to listen to the incessant Creighton fan's caterwauling about dominating us. It'll make me want to punch a hole through my TV screen.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

                          I'm a Creighton hater. In fact, if KU is 1A, Creighton is 1B in my hatred for a college athletic program. On equal footing, I'd love to see these two teams square up again, but WSU is in a major rebuilding mode after an historic exodus never seen before in this program. If we get matched up in this tournament, we will get boat-raced and and I'm not prepared to listen to the incessant Creighton fan's caterwauling about dominating us. It'll make me want to punch a hole through my TV screen.
                          Ye of little faith.

                          You could be right, who knows. Don’t you want to at least see the team play one game before you make such definitive statements?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Predicting this tournament doesn't happen. I hope I'm wrong.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                              Predicting this tournament doesn't happen. I hope I'm wrong.
                              You think this country is gonna be shut down for 9 months?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.
                              ________________
                              "Enjoy the ride."

                              - a smart man

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

                                You think this country is gonna be shut down for 9 months?
                                I hope not but I don’t think BOBB’s prediction unreasonable. It’s still too early to say with much certainty how all this will play out.

                                After the way the season ended and everything else that’s going on it would be a real bummer if we didn’t get to see this new group on the court in 6 months.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X