Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chance Moore leaving WSU (Washington State University)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

CougCenter believes that he was forced out. Their new coach plays a defense-first style and Chance, as we know, is not the best fit in that system.

I could see him scoring around 15 ppg at a juco and ending up as rotational player at a place like DePaul or Rutgers. He was aptly named. 6-7 wings who can shoot will get plenty of opportunities.
    If this is true, Chance is having to learn a lot of life's lessons quickly. He probably isn't a bad kid, but he's found out that Gregg Marshall isn't the only coach who has unrealistic expectations for a "shooting assassin" (as he probably considers himself). There are most likely some other coaches who have the "shoot first" offensive philosophy of Ernie Kent but they probably don't win consistently. When we signed him, I hoped he would listen to Gregg and improve his basketball skills by realizing that defense comes first, and then you get to play.

Comment

I wonder if this had anything to do with his leaving or being "forced out"? WSU added Deion James (wing from Colorado State) as a grad transfer.

Washington State has added graduate transfer Deion James and incoming freshman Noah Williams to its basketball team for next season.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        More likely the same "philosophical differences" type of issue -- i.e., earn time by guarding vs. earn time by shooting -- that led to his departure from our WSU.

The addition of the grad transfer is just part of refilling the program, and the new coach apparently has some work to do still. So it was hardly a case of having 13 guys, wanting a grad transfer, and consequently having to do something with one of the 13.

Chance is handling this intelligently. By announcing he was forced out following the coaching change, he's likely to receive a waiver from the NCAA with no eligibility changes (following 2019's fall semester).

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Reasonable point, Indiana -- Chance has a lot to learn, but he's probably figuring out pretty well the technique (if only from experience) for minimizing his sit-out time. And considering that he's leaving a WSU rather than transferring in, a la Teddy, his future waiver is probably a mere formality.

Guess this is cool now.

Comment

ok

Comment

Working...
        X