It pays to be the victim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It pays to be the victim

Kansas and Bill Self had no problem playing the victim, and even less problem taking $196 million from the company that 'victimized' them.

Lord. Scandels...
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

That'll buy a lot of toupees.

Comment

Typical Chicken hawk arrogance. Scream and holler that they are a victim and then turn around and sign another contract for money like a prostitute . I can hear the Adidas people saying " Did you like that? "

Comment

Pig slop...

College basketball corruption trial: Wiretaps show payments wanted to recruit Zion Williamson, Marvin Bagley III

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            So much for what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

KU legal counsel: "Hey Adidas executive, we need to sue you in order to keep the appearance that we are on the up and up so that we can keep selling your shoes. Instead of signing a $200 million contract, lets sign a $196 million contract and then we'll sue you for $4 million. If the NCAA plays ball, we will just settle out of court at a later date. Wanna hit a round of golf next Friday?"
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Hate to say it, but it kinda takes the ‘wind out of my sails’ for college basketball. It’s such a cesspool of corruption and will never stop.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Hate to say it, but it kinda takes the ‘wind out of my sails’ for college basketball. It’s such a cesspool of corruption and will never stop.

Agree. Totally does. But.....I suppose it makes it so much sweeter to sometimes witness Children of the Blind beat Addias in March. Karma sometimes maybe.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The itemized line item amounts for the contract went like this:

Track = $0
                Volleyball = $0
                Tennis = $0
                Golf = $0
                Baseball = $0
                Basketball = $296 Mill (sorry, we defrauded you last time around)
                Football = -$100 mill (You've got to pay us if our gear is gonna be on your crappy football team)

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Doesn't this really belong under the "Trouble in Larryville" NCAA thread? Perhaps the mods can neaten things up a bit.

Regardless, whether here or there, no doubt the ghost of James Naismith is beaming with pride at having his name on such a high-rent court. And Larry Brown at seeing the fruits of his labor, built upon so diligently by The Rug...

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I saved my "Football -$100 mill" comment for this thread because not many people check out tho other one.

They”ll prosecute the people In the room and continue to say they were all a bunch of rogues acting without the school’s knowledge.

Comment

Now we see just how KU was victimized:

To Code, existing relationships were more important than the brand. Only three schools he said he would not let kids go to, and they were Kentucky, Oregon and Kansas — because those schools have strong pre-existing relationships with agents and runners that would dwarf his and lose him his slice of the pie.
                    The government used secretly recorded videos to paint a picture of men promising they could influence and eventually profit from athletes.

Comment

Interesting to see Oregon on there, Royal -- whatever happened to the Jesuit integrity Altman no doubt upheld (ahem!) when he was at Creighton? Yes, I know it's Nike University and all, but still: Dana F. Altman?

Comment

• abdullah_sharif
                        abdullah_sharif commented
                        Editing a comment
                        well... the jesuits / catholics have been known to participate in many activities with young men that are illegal/immoral. why is anyone surprised?

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      Interesting to see Oregon on there, Royal -- whatever happened to the Jesuit integrity Altman no doubt upheld (ahem!) when he was at Creighton? Yes, I know it's Nike University and all, but still: Dana F. Altman?
                      That was always the major complaint about Altman, he couldn't recruit. This type of system makes that less of an issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X