3.28%
    NIT - 4-8 seed
    0%
    No Postseason
    0.82%
    Undefeated
    0.82%

Waiting patiently for Mary Johnson's "no postseason" vote
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      Waiting patiently for Mary Johnson's "no postseason" vote
      If it’s anything like her Trey Wade predictions, I hope she votes that way.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Struggled with NCAA 9-12 seed or 1-3 NIT, but went with the optimistic side at this point. I still think there might be some struggles trying to replace MM and SHJ...and the vacuum created by the opening up of so many shot opportunities. Hopefully some guys step forward and fill the void (and make shots).

Comment

I want 'em to keep the other guy from scoring. Get back into that top 30-40 defense in the country. They showed flashes of it this past March.

NCAA's for sure if that happens.

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Defense usually travels well.

NCAA BB Team Defensive Efficiency

WSU last 10 years:
            '09-'10 - 49
            '10-'11 - 29
            '11-'12 - 23
            '12-'13 - 42
            '13-'14 - 9
            '14-'15 - 9
            '15-'16 - 1
            '16-'17 - 2
            '17-'18 - 94
            '18-'19 - 62

I voted 5-8 seed. I think we will be solidly in the Top 40. I'm going opposite logic. We only lose 2 starters. Lots of returning pieces that faced a gruelling schedule. Love our new pieces, but what we get from them is gravy. We will be a much better team even with just the returning guys.

Oh, and Marshall is hungry.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

To whoever voted for NCAA 13-16 . . . NEWSFLASH!!! Wichita State makes move from long-time Missouri Valley home to the American Athletic Conference!

Comment

• Windiwu
              Windiwu commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking at the names on that selection, it is possible they don't realize at-large selections don't go that low and the AAC would not have a conference tournament winner of that caliber either.

I voted 5-8 after our last two recruit pick ups. I think this team will be a number one seed by 21-22 season if everyone stays and nobody surprises us and goes to the NBA. I hope my guess comes true!
            Shocker Alumni
            Shocker Club Soccer alumni
            Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              To whoever voted for NCAA 13-16 . . . NEWSFLASH!!! Wichita State makes move from long-time Missouri Valley home to the American Athletic Conference!
              That 15-16 team was really good at team defense though. I watched the KU NCAA game again and our whole team was really good at defending and not fouling. From Darius to Cotton to Fred and Baker(even Bush Wam), we were really good. Defense is one place where we will miss Samajae. He was a really good defender the last half of the year.

Comment

• pie n eye
                pie n eye commented
                Editing a comment
                For all the frustration he caused me on offense Samaje’s defense was very good this year.

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

That 15-16 team was really good at team defense though. I watched the KU NCAA game again and our whole team was really good at defending and not fouling. From Darius to Cotton to Fred and Baker(even Bush Wam), we were really good. Defense is one place where we will miss Samajae. He was a really good defender the last half of the year.
              That was 14-15 homeboy.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                I voted 5-8 seed. I think we will be solidly in the Top 40. I'm going opposite logic. We only lose 2 starters. Lots of returning pieces that faced a gruelling schedule. Love our new pieces, but what we get from them is gravy. We will be a much better team even with just the returning guys.

Oh, and Marshall is hungry.
                And he will keep shaving, not only on the recruiting trail, but in the practice gym. He does love teaching the game.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I voted 5-8, but I think it is a close call between that an 9-12. In general I expect us to be in either the 8-9 game or the 7-10 game and I could see us being either the higher or lower seed in either case.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I voted 9-12. I didn't want to be arrogant by choosing 5-8 when WSU didn't even make the tournament, but I think if players develop per expectations 5-8 is not out of the question.

Comment

• pie n eye
                      pie n eye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is it arrogant? I mean it’s just a guess on a poll question...

I will be pleasantly surprised if the 2020 Shox are a bubble team. Shox lost the top two scorers from 2019. Those two were also 2 of the top 3 3-point % shooters on the team (not counting Echenique and Chandler), and one of them was SHJ. SHJ's 3's were often referred to as a turnover, and he was the second best perimeter 3 shooter on the team.

It's been said that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. I'm not going to get over-excited about 2020 until I see some players who can hit 3's.
                    Last edited by Aargh; April 26, 2019, 09:25 AM.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

WSU will be sorting out 3 freshman, one redshirt freshman, and two sophomore guards... the sorting process may be interesting but also may be problematic, and then there is 3 point shooting. Hoping for a run late in the season like we had this year which will set WSU up for a deep tourney run in 2021.

Comment

• IndianaShocker
                        IndianaShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Assume you're referring to Tate as the redshirt freshman...fill me in...is he expected to be in the mix for a rotation spot?
                    Working...
                    X